Raining Droplets.

Anger.

The light sound of Brayden humming as his finger tips slid along my lower spine was the only real noise and movement in the whole room. Everything was still, everything was quiet but it wasn’t exactly peaceful; the whole house was like that. I couldn’t even hear the annoying clock in the kitchen tick from here which was downright amazing.

Besides us on the bed was Kellen who was still fast asleep. Since I placed him there over an hour ago he had only moved once to get in a better position, other than that he was still as us. I watched from over Brayden’s chest where my head was resting at his breathing. I know I’m being a little over protective with it, but I’d rather be safe than sorry. At least I wasn’t doing five minute observations on him like they would at the hospital.

Curling into Brayden’s side more I moved my arm so it was resting right across his waist and tucked my head under his chin a little. I felt his lips just barely touch the top of my head before he continued humming ‘Stay Still’ by Blessthefall quietly. Apart from him holding me right now it was the only thing keeping me calm.

How I am not having a panic attack right now I have no idea.

All I can really think about was how lucky we are that we were home when it happened. We were only home from the shops for just under an hour, if we were still at the shop, who knows what could have happened. He could have been at the hospital with stitches in the back of his head right now for all I know.

It was lucky that nothing happen while he had the butter knife in his hand too. I don’t even want to think of what could have happen or if Brayden didn’t get it off of him before he did. It’s just so hard when Kellen is holding something when he has a fit, his muscles lock up and it is so damn hard to get the object out of his gasp.

In the back of my head I was always scared that he could have something in his hands like a knife when the next episode hit. That time when he had a tea spoon locked in his grip was scary enough, let alone having a knife or fork.

I shivered lightly at the thought of it and took a deep breath. If I don’t stop thinking about it, then I will have a panic attack. That’s the last thing I want right now.

“You alright hun?” Brayden whispered cutting off his calming humming.

I guess he felt me shiver. I nodded against his chest before taking a slow deep breath in.

“Yeah...can you keep humming that song?” I whispered back.

He started humming again for me. I smiled softly and gazed up at his eyes to smile in thanks before looking back at Kellen. Brayden tighten his arms around me slightly and started drawing random patterns with his finger on my back, one pattern I could make out was being a star and then a music note before changing back into a star again.

I smile lightly again after a while when he started writing the song lyrics on my skin. If I could pull you from the wreckage...

As a sudden groan filled the room Brayden froze and went silent. Kellen rolled over so most of his body was facing us groaning lightly again. I pulled away from Brayden sitting up and crawled over him to my uncle. Kellen’s eyes scrunched up as he shifted again.

“Hey Kellen.” I said lightly just to see what he would do.

He sighed and slowly his eyes started fluttering open. It looked like he just wanted to go back to sleep but he managed to fully open his eyes. Blinking a couple of times he looked up at me with dopy eyes.

“How are you feeling?” I asked lightly moving so I was sitting crossed legged besides him.
“Sore.” He croaked.

I bit my lip so I wouldn’t frown. Brayden moved so he was sitting beside me with worried eyes.

“How long was I out?” Kellen mumbled lifting his hand to run thought his hair.
“Over an hour.” Brayden said lightly.

Kellen grunted but nodded. He lifted his arm up and I knew what he wanted. Taking his arm I helped him sit up slowly on the bed being careful that he doesn’t fall back down. He smiled faintly at me, which I returned.

“Can you help me to the kitchen?”
“Of course.” I nodded already sliding off the bed.

I held my hands out for him to take and pulled him up so he was standing. He stood there for a moment probably to get rid of any dizziness as Brayden shuffled off the bed and stood next to us. Kellen let one of my hands go and started walking, well more like shuffling to his bedroom door. Times like this I was happy his bedroom was close to the kitchen.

I helped him sit down at the kitchen table before sitting down next to him. Brayden pulled the jug of cold water from the fridge and grabbed us a cup each then filled them up. I cradled my cup between my hands once he handed it to me taking a small sip.

“Thank you.”

Me and Brayden looked at Kellen confused. He sighed then smiling sadly.

“Thank you for helping me, again.”
“No need to thank us-“
“I know,” He said cutting me off. “But I still feel like I should say it.”

Before I had the chance to argue that point, Brayden nudged my leg under the table and gave me a knowing look. I rolled my eyes which made him smile softly.

“Well, then you’re welcome.”

Kellen smiled and lifted the cup to his mouth. I smiled back placing my cup on the table and stood from my seat. It was only natural that we were going to help him, he doesn’t need to thank us but if that made him feel better...then I probably should just accept it.

As I walked around the table I ruffled Brayden’s hair making him whine cutely and pulled the fridge open. I heard him grumble at me from behind my back and Kellen trying not to laugh. I grabbed the block of chocolate that I hid in the back of the fridge, shut the door and placed it down on the table.

Brayden grinned pulling his hands away from his hair and snatched it first ripping the wrapping off before I even sat down again. I laughed resting my head on my hand with my elbow on the table. He handed some pieces to Kellen and then handed only one piece to me.

“How come I only get one?” I complained. “I got it out of the fridge.”
“You want it, come and get it.”

Brayden flashed a cheeky grin before he was running out of the room. I jumped out of my chair that fast it almost fell backwards and bolted into the living room. Just as I got past the couch Brayden was already out of the room and down the hallway.

We started running circles between the living room, hallway and kitchen. Kellen was all but falling off his chair laughing. I couldn’t even run properly because of how much I was laughing. After a while I stopped and I guess Brayden didn’t notice because he ran into the living room.

Before he could turn around I jumped at him making us fall onto the couch limbs tangling. We fell off the couch and onto the floor with a loud thud. Brayden made an ‘oof’ noise when I landed on him. I quickly moved my weight a little so I wasn’t squashing him. He frowned up at me.

“You cheated!” He yelled.
“Did not!”
“Did too, you stopped!”
“There was no rule saying that I couldn’t.” I smirked.

He opened his mouth but quickly snapped it shut pouting. I grinned and quickly pecked his lips to cheer him up, which it did. The pout melted away and he lent up to kiss me again. I added pressure back and but then pulled away.

“You made me chase you around the house to cheer Kellen up didn’t you?” I asked softly.
“Yeah and to cheer you up too.” He said in the same soft tone.

A smile pulled at my lips before I leant down again.

“Thank you.” I whispered against his lips.
“You’re welcome.” He breathed.

I pulled away and sat up also moving so my legs were either side of his hips. Soft padding footsteps caught my attention. I turned looking at the doorway as Kellen gently walked into the room. He smiled at us also rolling his eyes at our position and sat down on the couch, still holding his cup of water.

I looked down at Brayden seeing him smirking. I was just about to ask what he was smirking about when he shuffled his hips and wiggled his eyebrows at me. I snorted and hit his chest lightly climbing off of him as he laughed. I could help but bite back a smile though.

I scrabbled up onto the couch next to my uncle and reached out to grab Brayden’s out stretched hands, helping him to sit up.

“Well that was interesting, chocolate and a show.” Kellen laughed resting his head on my shoulder.
“Where is the chocolate anyway?” I asked.

Kellen placed the bar in my lap. I picked it up and snapped a couple of pieces off for me. I threw one piece at Brayden and winked. He laughed shaking his head. I smirked and placed my head on top of Kellen’s.

“Feeling a bit better now?”
“Yeah, now that I’ve been moving I don’t feel as sore now. Still feel tired though-“

The sound of the house phone ringing made us all jump in shock. I gasped lightly and placed my hand over my chest. With the house being so quiet for so long, even with me and Brayden running around like idiots it was almost deafening for a moment. Brayden scrambled up from the floor and grabbed the phone quickly.

I watched as he placed it to his ear and said a quick hello. Kellen lifted his head from my shoulder.

“Sure, here he is.” Brayden muttered handing the phone to Kellen.
“Hello?” Kellen asked confused.

I saw his eyes widen before he stood up and walked into the kitchen. Brayden moved to sit in my lap looking worried and curious bitting down on his lip. I really started really worrying when he didn’t say anything. Who was on the phone? Did something bad happen?

We waited silently for Kellen to walk back into the room, eventually he did looking taken back and flopped onto the couch. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair after placing the phone on the arm rest of the couch.

“That was the hospital.” He mumbled making my eyes widen.
“And?” I pressed when he said nothing else.
“My blood tests were clear, which is a good thing. They realised that I need to change my medication.” He rolled his eyes annoyed. “And they want me to see the specialist up in Perth as soon as I can.”

I nodded taking all the information in. At least we know a little bit more and that the doctors finally got their act together and know that the medication that he’s on doesn’t work. I swear that the doctors are getting worse.

“When can you get into to see the specialist?” Brayden asked.
“I already have an appointment booked; I booked it a couple of weeks ago. The earliest I could get is in two months.”
“What?” I exclaimed making them both jump shocked.

The earliest he could get was in two months? And he booked it a couple of weeks ago? That’s bullshit!

“Apparently I’m not “serious” enough.” He rolled his eyes making the quote marks with his fingers.
“So they call over three months of mild to bad fits, nonstop hospital visits and test, putting you on meds that don’t help and splitting your head open multiple times not fucking serious?”

Kellen nodded angrily and I fell back into the couch. I ran my hand down my face letting out a deep breath. Brayden was tense sitting on my lap.

To say I was pissed off about that was an understatement. He wasn’t serious enough and has to wait two months just to see a doctor in Perth? What does it take for him to be bloody serious enough? He can’t drive anymore, he stays at home almost the whole time, he had to quit his job, we’ve call the ambulance for him so many times, he’s split that back of his head open multiple times.

Does he actually have to have a fit with a knife in his hand and stab himself for it to be serious? I can understand a one month wait, but two months I can’t. I shook my head angrily. Brayden grabbed my hand and I could tell from his grip he was angry as me about it.

“Hopefully nothing happens in those two months.” Kellen said lightly voice almost unsure.

I hope not either and I hope we can last with two more full months of this with no idea what exactly is going on still.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I hope that turned out alright and that the end didn't seem rushed :/
I really wanted to get this out and I've been working on it for the last few days when I could get myself to write. Plus I also got the new Kingdom Hearts game and I've been playing that alot, so yeah ^^'
Hope you liked it :)

Comment and Subscribe? :D
I don't know where all the new subscrbers suddenly came from, but thank you <3