Status: Completed.

My Escapade

Make-up bags

The morning of the wedding was beautiful. Emily had always had good luck, and the fact that the chilly fall weather had been replaced by comforting warmth for one day had shown just how much the world loved her.

However, Emily, at the moment, was not too happy with the world.

“Where is my make-up bag?” she screamed, eyes wild, and as Di and Kate, a quiet girl I didn’t know who worked with Em, remained silent, I couldn’t help but wonder if that’s what Emily was like in bed.

I giggled a little, but smothered my laughter before Emily could see.

“Come on, people!” Em yelled. “You traveled with me! Keep up, ya idiots!”

The night before, after the dinner, we all had traveled—oh, jeez, I hadn’t even been paying attention. 5 hours, maybe more, maybe less. I had been too busy going over my plan in my head to pay attention. All I knew was that the sun had been setting when we left, and the night was at its darkest moment when we arrived. We (Em, Ethan, Di, and I) had stayed in the Wallace’s huge mansion in Brighton, a suburb of Rochester. The ceremony was going to be held at a huge church nearby (Ethan’s family was Catholic) and the reception was going to be held in the huge backyard of the mansion.

Di rolled her eyes, fed up with her best friend. “Em. Shut. The hell. Up. And take. A fucking. Chill. Pill.”

Em glared. “Miss maid of honor, you need to shut up before I demote you.”

“To what? Being a regular bridesmaid? Oh, wow, what a demotion!” Diana cried dramatically.

While the two of them argued, I walked over to Emily’s suitcase and unzipped the top part. I dug my hand into it, rummaging around assortments of paper and cloth and tampons before—“Aha!” I yelled, and pulled out Em’s huge make-up case.

“See?” Di shot at Em. “You were just overreact—”

I pushed her out of the room. “Shut up. Don’t antagonize her.”

“Yeah, just let little Kate deal with Bridezilla,” Di muttered darkly.

I dragged her to the bathroom, where our dresses and make-up were waiting. We got ready and were finished long before Kate and Emily were. Diana and I lounged around talked to our partners for the walk down the aisle. I knew David, the best man, from work. He had light chocolate skin, and his hair, usually in an afro, was braided for the occasion. Diana was getting to know the other best man, Blake, and I knew she was reeling him in for the night.

Emily finally emerged from her room (with Kate in tow), looking stunning. The limo was waiting for us all outside to take us to the church. Ethan was already there with his parents. We arrived just on time, and the ceremony went without a hitch. Diana and I bawled our way through the ceremony, thanking God for allowing humans to create water-proof make –up, and hugged each other with joy when they were proclaimed man and wife.

Now, the reception.

As we rode in the same limo back to the house, I wrung my hands together anxiously.

We arrived, and I saw a van parked in the large driveway. I got out of the limo, and as I passed by the van, I saw that it was empty. They must have been setting up. Diana and I made our way to the backyard, where I saw a stage set up for the band. The instruments were set in place, and I saw a few familiar faces by the food. But not the familiar face I was looking for.

“Excuse me,” I heard from behind us, and Diana turned around, pulling me with her. We were faced with the one and only Jaxin Ramirez. He was just as I remembered. Brown hair, not long, not short, styled messily, green eyes, sharp nose, full lips, olive skin… it was like he jumped out of my memories and into real life. Jaxin’s friend, Doug, a boy a faintly remember sitting behind me in Lit my senior year, joined us. He smiled at Di, and I rolled my eyes, hoping that Doug and Blake wouldn’t meet.

Jaxin smiled, teeth glittering, and my heart stopped. “I certainly hope you’re not the bride, ‘cause that would bode very bad for me.”

I smiled and cocked my head. “Oh, really now? What if I was?”

“I’d hate to have to break up a marriage this early in the game.”

I swallowed nervously, and quickly put my smile back on. “Good thing I’m not, then.”

Let the games begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title from Let the Games Begin from Anarbor.

The plot is PICKING UP. FINALLY.

Sorry, it's been a while. NO SCHOOL FOR NOW :D

Thanks,
charluxlie and nicholas joseph; for the comments. :D

--Kat