In Love with the Prince (of Darkness, That Is)

Chapter Seven: Blame It On That Red Dress

"Look, I don't know why you won't just give him a shot."

"Two hours, Gem. Drop it."

"Not until you agree to go out with him!"

"Why?"

"Because you need a boyfriend."

"This coming from the girl who's been single since the eighth grade."

"Ah, but see the difference between us is that I don't need a significant other to be complete."

"And I do?"

"It's not that. It's just that... well, you're the kind of girl that likes to have someone around to share things with. I'm perfectly all right sitting alone in my room and drawing new angles of my desk."

"You're such a freak."

"I know. Pass me the white."

Dreama searched through the bag of nail polish that Gemini had brought with her and tossed the bottle to her friend.

"Why are you so adamant that I do this?"

"I want you to be happy."

"And I am."

"Liar. Please, Dray? We can even go shopping together on Tuesday. And I'll do--"

"My hair and makeup," Dreama finished glumly, knowing that she had lost.

Gemini knew what that tone meant. She squealed and clapped her hands. "Yay! Now give me that bottle. You're messing up your fingernails."

*~*~*

By Monday afternoon, however, Dreama had changed her mind again. She couldn't think of any logical reason not to get involved with Taylor. She just had a bad feeling about it--about him.

Gemini, Rebecca, and Meredith all showed up to wake Dreama at ten o'clock.

"Get up! Get up! Get up!"

"Go away! I didn't get home until five."

"Oh, who needs sleep? Let's go shopping."

"No, seriously, get out."

Gemini chuckled and nodded to the other two. Each girl took a limb and dragged Dreama out of bed. She swore as she got to her feet. "You all really suck."

"And you really smell. Go shower."

*~*~*

Dreama groaned when her friends stopped in front of Design Garage, a store that sold fancy clothes at factory prices.

"I am not going in there."

"Oh yes you are."

"I haven't even told him I'm going. I can't shop for a date I'm not going on."

"But you are going on it."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are. I already told him."

"You did what? When? How? Why?" Dreama screeched, earning stares from the passers-by.

"Well, he came into the club looking for you last night while you were dancing and someone sent him over to me. We introduced ourselves, and I RSVP'd for you."

"RSVP isn't a verb."

"Shut up. The point is that you're going, and it's been requested that you dress up."

"Damn," Dreama moaned as Gemini took her hand and dragged her inside. "Don't make me go!" she whined.

"You're going!" the three of them shouted. "Go stand in the dressing room, and we'll bring you stuff to try on."

"I hate you all," Dreama grumbled, but she allowed herself to be led into a curtained cubicle.

"You'll change your mind after you get laid," Gemini said with a smile. "Kidding!" she cried after seeing the look on Dreama's face.

*~*~*

"I don't know. It's a little... bold, don't you think."

"It's this or the purple one."

"But it's so... green."

Green satin, to be exact. Dreama looked at herself sceptically in the mirror. It was a tube dress, that went to about mid-thigh. She had a thick black belt around her waist with silver buckles, and had strapped silver heels on her feet.

"Are you sure it isn't too... well, easy to take off?" Meredith laughed, mocking Dreama.

"Yeah, maybe we should get you some tights," Rebecca chuckled.

Gemini finished their banter. "Only if they're crotch-less."

The three girls burst into laughter, and Dreama narrowed her eyes at them all. "I will not be having sex with Taylor."

Rebecca and Meredith exchanged glances. "Not tonight!" they laughed.

"Please, just buy the dress," Gemini groaned, pushing her back toward the dressing room.

"But I'm not going!"

"Well, you're going to have a hard time explaining that to him when he comes to pick you up on Thursday at nine."

"He's coming to my place? But I haven't even told the Terrible Triplets!"

"Better get on that then."

"Gemini, sometimes, I swear--"

"You love me. Shut up and change."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit goes to Gord Bamford off his CD Honkytonks and Heartaches. Love that song.

Anyway, I wrote this the other day, so the above is what happens when I get stressed out about math while being drugged on extra-strength cold pills. Hope you guys get as much of a laugh out of it as I do.

Shout outs go to: All Full of Lies and lovedInside. Your comments are great, and totally inspiring. And another one to me, for getting 91% on my English essay, 96% on my IASP essay, 93% on my playing exam, and 100% on my theory exam. (Sorry, I just found all that out yesterday and I'm psyched.)

Courtney, I hate you--I think my feet are still wet. We're taking the bus next time.