Status: Going to do a rewritten of this! I feel that I'm at a Writer's Block with this one, so I'm starting over.

Darkest Secret

Rematch

I was about to walk into my last class of the day when I heard someone say my name. I turned around to see Hermione running towards me with Harry and Ron not far behind.

“Did you finish your assignment for Potions class?” she asked, gasping for breath.

Before I could answer, Ron interrupted me. “What assignment?”

Hermione looked at him like he’d just admitted to committing murder.

“What?” he asked

“Ron! You have to start paying attention. If you don’t do more than just pass your classes you’re never going to amount to anything in life. Sometimes I just want to throw something at you!” she said, finishing her tirade.

I glanced over at Harry and saw I wasn’t the only one trying to stifle laughter. We weren’t succeeding. When I looked back at Hermione, she was glaring at us. I just shrugged and walked into class. I walked over to the only empty table. Looks like I didn’t have a partner. I sat down and pulled out my favorite book –Mortal Instruments.

I was halfway through the first chapter when the door slammed. I jumped and dropped my book. I heard some of the Slytherins snickering, so I turned and glared at them. I turned around in time to see Snape come sweeping into the room, his robe billowing behind him.

“Miss Delacorte, is there a problem?” I froze. I may not be scared of much, but Professor Snape creeps me out.

I swallowed nervously. “No sir.” He looked at me for a moment, before turning to the rest of the class. I darted out of my chair and grabbed my book off the floor. As I sat back in my seat, Snape began to take up last night’s homework. I glanced over at Ron and saw that he looked terrified. Snape got to his desk and loomed over him menacingly. Ron shrunk back in his chair.

“Mr. Weasley. This is the second time this week you haven’t turned in an assignment. You’ll have to make it up in detention.” Ron just nodded, apparently scared speechless. Hermione just shook her head and Harry rolled his eyes. Ron was spared more humiliation when the door opened. I looked up to see Malfoy walk in… with a bruise still covering his face. Snape turned to him and Ron sighed in relief. Malfoy handed Snape a note and went to sit in the only available seat. At my table.

“Now,” Snape said. “If there are no further interruptions, we will begin today’s assignment.”

After, he announced the assignment we were doing - a partner project - which meant that I would be paired up with none other than Draco Malfoy. I glanced over at him. It seemed he was as happy with this pairing as I was.

Keeping my thoughts to myself, I got to work with the project. Today, we were making bruise removal paste. I bet Malfoy could use some of this, I thought to myself. I couldn’t help but laugh at that.

“What are you laughing at, Delacorte?” He sneered
.
“Nothing. Just thought of something funny.”

“Why were you looking at me when you laughed?”

“No reason, Malfoy.”

“You have to have some reason.”

“I told you Malfoy, no reason. Now, if you don’t mind, I would love to get this project over with so I don’t have to spend another second with you.” I spat at him as I added some ingredients into the brewing pot in front of me.

Feeling his glare radiating off the side of my head, he replied, “I’m not so happy with this pairing either. I’d rather be paired with Granger over there than you.

“You hate me that much, Draco?” I asked, pulling off mock hurt.

He glared at me as I started stirring the contents together to make a thick yellow paste like substance. “You know it’s not polite to stare, Malfoy. I know I’m gorgeous, but you don’t have to stare so much.” Looking over, I saw Malfoy’s pale cheeks turn red from embarrassment.

“Did I just embarrass the notorious Draco Malfoy, again?” I asked, a smirk played across my lips.

“No,” He said, turning a brighter shade of red. I giggled some more. Draco’s not that good at masking feelings is he, I thought, smiling to myself mischievously.

“Draco, thinks I’m pretty!” I sang in a high pitched melodious voice, which made Malfoy’s face turn even brighter than before.

“Shut it, Delacorte.”

“Who’s going to make me? You?”

“I’ll make you alright.”

“I’d like too see that, Ferret Boy.”

He glared at me with red eyes and gritted teeth. “Delacorte, I’ll jinx you so hard you won’t even be able laugh or even speak,” Draco sneered at me.

“Once again, Malfoy I’d like too see that.”

We just stood there staring each other down for awhile. From the corner of my eye, I could seen Harry, Ron and Hermione staring at us. Hermione looked worried, Ron and Harry looked like they wanted to help me out with Draco.

“I’ll show you. Meet me after class and we’ll duel this out.” Draco sneered as Snape came slithering by pounding a fist on our table and making me jump, yet again.

“Malfoy, I don’t think that’ll be happening today.” Snape droned. “Now, get to work and stop bickering with Delacorte, here. I expect more from you.” He glared at me and I swallowed hard, getting back to work immediately as so did Malfoy.

After, Snape slithered off, Malfoy seethed in my ear, “Mark my words, Delacorte. I’m going to make your first year here at Hogwarts a living nightmare, I promise that.” He sneered at me before getting back to work on the potion, which was about done.

“Draco, honey, I think you might need some of this.” I smiled a sugarcoated smile at him as I spooned some of the thick yellow substance out of the pot, which was steaming. I held it up to his face, smirking now as he glared back anger ignited in his gray eyes.

Smacking the spoon away from his face, he earned some stares from the class. “Wouldn’t need it if someone hadn’t punched me in the face earlier,” Draco spat at me, crossing his arms.

“Well, that someone was being blocked from going to class and making her late as ever, which cost her points.” I replied, getting up in his face. We were nose to nose, now.

“Well, she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time,” he replied, now getting the attention of the whole entire class, Snape also.

“Malfoy, Delacorte, what is the meaning of all this raucous?” the Potions Master asked, walking up to our table once again with annoyance in his dark marble eyes.

“I just told Draco, here that he need some of this potion for his bruised nose and he just snaps at me for no apparent reason, sir.” I replied, surprised that my voice wasn’t trembling at the very presents of Snape.

“She did this, Snape.” Draco accused, pointing a finger at his nose.

“No, I’d never do such a thing, Draco, honey.”

“Yes, you did. Tell him how you punched me in the nose earlier in the corridor to Transfigurations.”

“Draco- I was interrupted by an annoyed, Snape.

“Shut it, you two imbeciles. I’m tired of hearing you two bickering on and on. I don’t care who did what to who. Now, I’ve told you both to get back to work once and I don’t like repeating myself. Both of you will be joining Weasle, here for detention the rest of the week.”

“Nice going, Delacorte.” murmured Draco as the class got back to work.