Status: Going to do a rewritten of this! I feel that I'm at a Writer's Block with this one, so I'm starting over.

Darkest Secret

Fun Times at the Burrow

Hermione was already awake and down stairs when I woke up the next morning. Getting out of bed, I quickly got dressed and hurried downstairs to get something to eat. When I got downstairs Hermione was the only one at the table. I heard shouting and laughing coming from outside. I grabbed a biscuit off the table and pulled on a coat.

I opened the door and before I could take a step, something cold and wet hit me in the face. “Who did that?” I yelled at the seemingly empty yard. I heard yelling coming from the trees and suddenly Fred stumbled into the middle of the yard. He froze.

“Don’t hurt me,” he begged throwing up his hands. I just rolled my eyes at the cute redhead and lowered my sparking wand.

When he saw that I wasn’t going to maim him, he grinned and lowered his hands. That’s when another snowball hit me from the side. I turned towards the laughing and saw George running away. When I turned back around, Fred was gone.

“Those freaking twins,” I mumbled under my breath, turning around and hurrying back inside.

Walking into the kitchen, I found Ron and Hermione sitting at the table eating. Or trying to eat I should say. They kept sneaking looks at each other when the other wasn’t looking. “Hey, lovebirds.” They looked up at me attempting to look confused at my words. I just smirked at them knowingly.

“Anyways, wanna help me get back at Fred and George?”

Hermione wasn’t sure.

“Come on,” Ron tried to convince her. “It’ll be fun.”

“Well, I suppose…”

The door slammed open. “Fine, but we get Harry,” Fred said, grabbing him as he walked in right on queue. Harry just looked confused.

And so began the most epic snowball fight of all time.

~*~

The fight ended when guess who fell and sprained their ankle? After, helping Ron to the couch, we all crowded around the fireplace. “It hurts!” Ron said from the living room, which caused Mrs. Weasley to come bustling into the room saying something that sounded suspiciously like “Ronnie-poo.”

Hermione and I looked at each other, and burst out in hysterical laughter, which caused everyone else in the room to laugh also. That is until Mrs. Weasley glared at us. Everyone migrated to different parts of the house. Fred and I ended up by ourselves in the kitchen. I suddenly felt nervous and was very conscious of my messy, wet hair.

“Wanna help us prank Ron,” he asked almost shyly. I laughed.

“Don’t you think he’s been through enough today?”

“Not even close,” he replied, with a sly smirk that made my heart skip a beat.

“Sounds fun,” I replied, sounding much more confident than I felt.

~*~

Fred sent me to scout ahead while he got the necessary supplies. I snuck up to Ron’s room as quietly as I could. I put my ear up to the door and heard Harry and Ginny’s voices on the other side. I knew they were probably just talking, but I also knew how much Fred would overreact. I opened the door and quickly explained the situation. They both paled and practically trampled me to get to the door. Well, the room was empty. Mission accomplished. I ran to Fred’s room and told him the coast was clear. He grinned wickedly and we tiptoed back to Ron’s room.

First, Fred set up a bucket of some sort of liquid above the door. When I asked him what was in it, he said I didn’t want to know. When everything was set, Fred gave me a high-five and we hurried back to his room. When we walked in, we saw George sitting at his desk working on some sort of device. Who knows what it does. We explained the situation to him and he agreed to distract their mom so she wouldn’t be involved. Just as we finished up, Mrs. Weasley called us down for lunch.

~*~

After lunch, Ron announced he was going up to his room. George distracted him while Fred and I ran upstairs and got into position with a camera. Everyone else just pretended not to see anything.

I heard footsteps on the stairs. I peeked around the corner and saw Ron coming. We jumped out when we heard Ron turn the doorknob. The camera flashed just as the bucket fell on Ron’s head. We both laughed and Fred showed me the picture. “This one’s a keeper,” he said between laughter. We both turned and ran down the stairs, with Ron not far behind. We sat down at the kitchen table, trying to look innocent, just as Mrs. Weasley came back into the room. Her eyes widened when she saw the state Ron was in.

“Ron, you really should take a bath,” I said trying to keep a straight face. He just glared at me and trudged back upstairs.

“What was all that about?” Hermione asked.

“Nothing, nothing at all,” I replied with a smirk etched on my lips as I glanced over at Fred, who was trying to suppress a smile.

I loved pulling pranks with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
AWWWWWWWW!<3

Comment and subscribe if you haven't already done so!<3