Status: Going to do a rewritten of this! I feel that I'm at a Writer's Block with this one, so I'm starting over.

Darkest Secret

Confusion

I was walking down the hall of my family’s manor when I heard two voices coming from my father’s study. That was odd because I knew for a fact my father and I were the only two people in the house. Against my better judgment I decided to see if I could overhear what was being said. Pressing myself to the wall and feeling a bit cliché, I inched closer to his door. I peered inside and got a glimpse of my father kneeling near the fireplace.

“I’ve seen her, my Lord. She was at Diagon Alley with the Weasleys,” Father said, almost fearfully.

“That sounds like her. Always seeking out the filth,” a whispery, yet somehow sarcastic, voice replied.

“Do you want me to retrieve her, my Lord?”

“Not yet. I have plans for my daughter. We are done here.”

“Yes, my Lord.”

My father rose and moved to his desk just in time for me to catch a glimpse of the man in the fire. He had the eyes of a snake. Dark and cold. And slits instead of a nose. His skin was pale and almost gray. I knew instantly who he was. Fear engulfed me. That was Lord Voldemort,and he was after Anissa.

~*~

Later that night, I had an epiphany. Why did I care if Anissa was in trouble? I hated her. Didn’t I? Yes, of course I did. Her and her mudblood friends. I mean, she’s not even my type. Wait, where did that thought come from?

I fell back on my bed, trying to clear my head. It wasn’t working. When I finally fell asleep, I switched between two different dreams. Kissing Anissa and Anissa being dead.

~*~

I was in the girl’s dorm unpacking my things. We had just arrived back at Hogwarts an hour ago. I put the last of my things away and headed towards the common room. The common room was empty. Or so I thought. When I stepped off the last step a pair of hands covered my eyes.

“Guess who?” a familiar voice said.

I decided to be mean, “George?”

Fred spun me around and glared at me. “Oh! Fred, it’s you!”

He wasn’t amused. He cocked an eyebrow, but started smiling.

“I can’t stay mad at you.”

I blushed and tried to turn away before he saw. I don’t think it worked.

“So, what are you doing here?”

“I wanted to ask you something,” he said, looking a bit nervous.

“Ask away,” I said, curious.

“Well…IwaswonderingifyouwantedtogotoHogsmeadewithmethisweekendyouknowasadateorsomething.”

I just stared at him with my mouth hanging open.

He took a deep breath. “I was wondering if you might, possibly, want to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend, maybe,” he said, ears turning a darker shade than his hair.

“Oh, Fred! I would love to!” I said, throwing my arms around him. He stumbled and fell on the couch with me on top of him. Ron chose that moment to open the door.

“Hey, have you seen Fred….?” He froze with a horrified expression on his face. He shook his head and backed out the door. I looked up at Fred and we started laughing.

~*~

We were walking to the great hall, when Fred leaned over and whispered in my ear.

“Hey, wanna mess with Ron?”

I agreed and we spent the rest of the walk plotting.

We both sat down. Ron was already at the table. He turned red, which bode well for our plan. We sat down and Fred threw his arm around my shoulders. Ron turned even redder. When Fred leaned in like he was going to kiss me Ron fell out of his chair. Harry and Hermione chose that moment to walk in and they stared at us like we had suddenly grown a few extra heads. When we started laughing, they seemed to realize it was a joke and went to help Ron to his feet. He glared at us from across the table, but we just smiled innocently. Hermione was still looking at us oddly and we realized Fred still had his arm around me. We both blushed and he quickly withdrew his arm.

Now, it was everyone else's turn to laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please<3