Status: Finished. No sequel.

Living On A Prayer

XLI

Brian rubbed Eloise’s back as she sat on the couch, the contracts coming closer and lasting longer. Hearing the front door open, Brian lifted his head and saw Val walk in carrying Owen on her hip. Val gave him a light smile as she came into the room, placing Owen in the play pin with James.

“How are you doing?” Val asked quietly, not wanting to disturb the mood.

“I’m . . . okay,” Eloise said quietly as she opened her eyes. “Brian, you can go get the car ready and we can go.” Brian nodded as he got up and made his way upstairs to get their bags. “Thank you for doing this Val, I really appreciate it.”

“It’s no problem. When the guys get done in L.A. Matt said he’d come over here and help out. Though James is a pretty even tempered kid.” Val told Eloise while watched her son and her friend’s son interact.

“Oh and we’re starting him on potty training, if he doesn’t tell you it’s alright, we have a diaper on him.” Eloise told her as she stood up.

“Alright El, ready?” Brian asked coming down the stairs. Eloise nodded; making her way over to him and sliding on some flip flops she had by the front door. “Pinkly’s been fed so she’ll be fine the rest of the night.”

“Alright guys. Let us know when the baby is here.”

“Will do,” Brian helped Eloise out of the house and into the Escalade. Once he got her situated he got into the driver’s seat, ready to go. Driving there, Brian kept his arm rested on the center console with Eloise’s fingers intertwined with his. He was happy the birthing center was only ten minutes from their house so they didn’t have to worry about going too far. “Alright babe, we’re here.”

Once inside, Eloise checked them in and they were led down the room they’d been in. Brian sat in the chair they had by the bed and waited for Eloise to change and come sit down. When she did come back, he helped her into the bed and let the nurses hook her up the monitors. He kept going over their birth plan in his head. He thought she was insane for not wanting any pain medication and very little medical, doctor, interaction. Only when necessary. When she had told him that they would be at a birthing center and not Labor and Delivery at the hospital, he was confused. That was until Eloise told them how the hospitals were and that she saw her sister go through it and vowed never to when she had kids.

“Alright I’m going to check you to see how far you’ve progressed.” Their doctor said as she came into the room. Brian frowned, he never liked when Eloise got the exam. Mostly because he felt that he was the only one that should be down there but he also knew that it was uncomfortable for his wife. “Well you defiantly made progress at home. You’re at seven and fully effaced. If your bag of water doesn’t break by nine centimeters then I’ll have to do it, okay?”

“Okay, thank you doctor.” Brian looked over at his wife and held her hand as she closed her eyes and concentrated on her breathing. “Did you tell our parents what was going on?” Eloise asked after the contraction ended.

“Yeah, I sent them a text letting them know. They just said to call when she’s here.” He told her quietly. “Is there anything you need babe? Or want me to do?”

“Actually, can you rub my back?” Eloise asked, rolling herself on to her side. She let out a groan as she felt his hands start to massage the muscles in her back. Brian figured this was probably going to take all night. Hearing Eloise moan out in pain made him cringe and wish he could take her place. “Bri?”

“Yeah, you need something?” He asked as she looked over at him.

“Can you go get me some ice?”

“Sure, be right back.” He kissed her forehead and went to go get the ice. As he came back he saw a nurse in there with bedding. “What’s going on?”

“Water broke, means her labor should progress faster now.” The nurse told him then left the room. Brian sat back down and handed the cup to Eloise.

“I’m gone for a minute and your water breaks?” Brian asked with a chuckle. Eloise just grinned while she brushed hair out of his face. “Did they check you while they were cleaning up?”

“Mhm,” Eloise grabbed his hand letting out a deep breath. Brian rubbed her hand as he watched the monitor that was keeping track of her contractions. “My goodness,” Eloise mumbled. “My contractions with James weren’t this bad.”

“Are you sure you don’t want the epidural?” Brian asked not liking that they hitting her like this.

“I’m sure, I’m almost there.” Eloise told him quietly as she went through another one. “Oh did you call the school and let them know?”

“I sent a text to the principle, he said that they already have a sub lined up they just need to know where your stuff for finales week is.” Brian told her, wishing she’d just relax and worry about this later.

“Okay, um I guess,” She paused taking a deep breath. “Someone can run it to the school Monday morning.” Eloise added once the contraction ended.

“Okay, we’ll worry about that later.”

“Can you help me sit up?” She asked feeling more and more pressure. Brian helped her sit up on her knees letting her rest back on her legs.

“Do I need to go get someone?” He asked not sure what was going on.

“Uh . . . yeah I think I might need to push.” Eloise panted. “Brian, go, now!”

Brian quickly ran out of the room, slipping in the hall as he went around the corner. He found the nurses that had been coming in and out of their room and told them what was going on. They told him to go back to the room and they’d be in there in a minute. Brian made his way back to the room. When he got back in, he saw his wife sitting the same position rubbing her stomach.

The doctor and nurses made their way into the room, pushing Brian back beside Eloise. They had her lay back so they could see what was going on. Brian couldn’t keep track with what was going on until they told him to hold her leg. He glanced down as he felt his wife’s fingers dig into his arm. His eyes widened when he saw the head being pushed out. Even though he wanted to look away, Brian found himself not being able to stop watching as his daughter was born. He saw a nurse place a white towel on Eloise’s stomach and chest. Brian looked over to see the doctor pulling his daughter up and placed her on Eloise’s chest.

“She’s beautiful,” Eloise mumbled as the nurses rubbed his daughter till she started to cry. Brian kissed his wife’s head repeatedly as his eyes blurred with tears. The doctor handed Brian the scissors to cut the cord. Once he did, the nurse picked up the baby to clean her while they cleaned up Eloise.

“They’re going to take her to the nursery to clean her and make sure everything checks out, okay?” The doctor told them as Brian helped Eloise. “They’ll take you to your room so you can shower.”

“Go to the nursery with her, please?” Eloise asked Brian.

“Okay,” Brian watched them take Eloise out and transfer here. He followed the nurses to the nursery. He helped them wash his daughter and watched as they weighed her, measured her, and finished their other tests.

“Alright daddy, here’s your baby girl.” The older nurse motioned for Brian to sit in the rocking chair before handing him the baby. Brian smiled as he stared at his six pound, thirteen ounce baby girl. “They said your wife is asleep so I’m going to ask you what we should put on the birth certificate.” Brian only nodded, not able to keep his eyes off of his daughters face. “Name?”

“Liliana Grace Haner,” He told her as it was the first name that popped into his head from their list. “My sweet angel.”
♠ ♠ ♠
....getting pissed this the third time I've tried to update. WTF Mibba?!
Baby Liliana Grace is here!
I am going to try & update twice while I am out of town this coming week.

thanks to all readers/subs/commenters
love ya!

and don't for get to Subscribe/comment on the two new stories! Found here and here