Don't Say you love me, it's too late

Paris...

So there I was, waiting in station of Borgerhout. I had asked some information on how to get in Paris. It was more difficult then I expected, but I would still go on with it.

My journey was so difficult, so many trains I had to take... at the end I was so tired. I must have been travveling for days... or at least that”s how it felt.
I kinda lost track of the days.

But when I got there I couldn”t believe it. I arrived at Gare du Nord in Paris and for some reason, there was already someone waiting for me.
He hold a little card with my name on it.
I walked over to him. He was a tall man with red hair.
“Are you miss Jane?” He asked me polite, as a real gentlemen he took my hand and led me to a carriage.
I was so happy Richard thought about me.
“So what”s your name?” I asked, he was still a stranger to me.
“Tom Vervoort.”
“O, so your Belgian.” I asked.
“Yes, how else would I have met Richard.” He said smiling.
after a few minutes of silence he began to speak again.
“Do you have an idea where you are going to stay?” he asked.
“I thought Richard had taken care of everything?” I asked.
“No, my wife will not apreciate that.” He said.
what now?

“Can”t you reccomend me something? mind you, I don”t have a lot money.” I said.
He thought for a moment.
“Perhaps Montmartre.” He said, but on a weird tone.
“Okay. I could do that.” I said. For some reason it felt like I have heard of it before.
He gave me some money extra, to make sure I would have enough.

I was scared for some reason, I suddenly missed Belgium.
The thought of being somewhere alone with people I didn”t know was so frightening.
The carriage stopped and we both got out.
“I will give you directions how to get there but I”m not going with you.” He said.
Now I was shivering out of fear. For some reason I was afraid.
“Alone? isn”t that dangerous?” I asked, I could see on his face it was.
“Just don”t talk to anybody, ignore them.” He said.
I will see you tomorrow in rue du faubourg saint-honoré.
He gave me the directions to get there and he got back in the carriage.

When it left I felt so alone. What did I had to expect there?
Suddenly I remembered Montmartre. I had heard some of the women talk about it in the factory. It was a place of sin. Whores.
O God...Where have I landed in?

I arrived at Montmartre and asked for a place to stay. They gave me an adress and after another 5 minutes I was there.
It was not the grand hotel but I had a place to stay.

I couldn”t stop thinking about my mother. Maybe it was wrong from me to leave. I missed her so much now I was gone. But it was too late to change my mind. I was here in Paris and I”m here to stay.

After a few hours I was so bored to stay there at my room, it wasn”t even dark yet and I wanted to see something of Paris or was I going to stay here the rest of my life?
The only thing that stopped was the warning of Tom.
After another hour (it could have been 5 minutes too, I was so bored) I decided to get out.
So I walked out of the door and bumped in to someone... Great one minute out and I couldn”t help doing something stupid.
The person I just bumped in to helped me up.
“Are you okay, miss?” I heard a voice say, I looked and saw a little man, well, he reached my eyes and I”m not tall myself.
“Yes, I”m okay.” I said, I felt so embarressing.
He smiled.
“May I know your name, beautiful?” He said, almost flirting. I felt myself blushing, he was charming, I had to admit that.
“Jane.” I said.
“What a nice name.”