You're My Bad Apple

Ch. 14

When Fred finally stopped, we were at a beautiful park that looked like it has never seen snow. Fred laced our fingers together and pulled me under his arm as if we were some happy newlywed couple. I placed my arm around his waist and smiled. When you looked around you could still hear the birds chirping, some older and younger couples walking hand in hand together enjoying this beautiful day.

“You know, I don’t think I ever did get back at you for almost breaking my ribs.” He whispered. I let go and stepped away from him. “and I think revenge is quite sweet so I’ll give you three seconds of a head start to run.”

I bolted off towards the park a few second later Fred was charging after me. I had to dodge several trees, poor children, a squirrel, and I even jumped over a couple having a nice picnic. When I thought I lost him I placed my hands on my knees to catch my breath, and of course just then WHAM! I tumbled to the ground and Fred was nearby laughing so hard his face was red. I crawled over to him and swung my leg over so I was practically straddling him. I placed both of my hands on either side of his head and stared down into his green eyes.

“You’re beautiful.” he said randomly, I smiled and lowered my head closer to his.

“You’re sweet.” I said and pressed my lips against his. Fred immediately began kissing back as if he’s been trying to kiss me for weeks. Which is probably true because this is our second kiss since November.

“HAHA!” Said three voices.

I pulled away slowly staring down at Fred.

“I knew it!” Ginny said.

I rolled off of Fred and groaned.

“Way to ruin it.” I mumbled.

“Well sorry but when I see my brother, my twin brother snogging someone I consider my sister. I’d feel concerned.” said George.

“Seriously.” said Ron.

“We didn’t tell you because obviously someone would tell mom, mom would be mad for not telling her, probably watch us more when we’re together, we wouldn’t be able to spend anytime together alone, things would get awkward, eventually we’d break up, and our friendship would be ruined forever with all that sexual tension!” Fred exclaimed and I just stared at him.

“sexual tension?” I asked.

“It’s where you have feelings for said person but can’t do anything about it because of said reason.”

“we won’t tell.” Ginny said.

“I’m not saying you will but knowing mom she’d over here you talking about us for some reason and then give us that look when she knows something is up.” Fred said.

“I hate that look.” said George and the rest of us nodded in agreement. I stood up and pulled Fred up when I was standing. “So it’s like official?”

“It’s kind of sort of been official since November of the 25th.” Fred said and I smiled.

“Aww you remembered the exact date!” I said

“Well of course, why wouldn’t I?” He said smiling back.

“I don’t know reasons.”

“Okay stop… Gross.” Ron said “Get a room or something, just god.”

I ran over to Ron engulfing him in a hug. “Aww Ronny you’re just jealous because you don’t have a girlfriend, you don’t know what it’s like. You silly silly boy.”

He pushed me off and hid his red face. “Shut up.”

“I know who he likes.” Ginny said.

“Yeah so does the rest of the world except that girl and Ron himself.” said George.

“Oh yeah who?” Ron said.

“HERMIONE!” we all said and Ron’s eyes widened.

“We were right weren’t we?” Fred said nudging Ron.

“We always knew, it’s kind of sad when you’re caught staring.” George said nudging Ron.

For the rest of the way Fred and George were pestering Ron, Ginny and I were talking about her obsession of Harr--- wait.

“Guys where is Harry?” I asked and they all shrugged.

“He abandoned us when we left, I think he went back home.” Ron said.

“He’s taking the dad thing pretty hard” said Ginny and I looked up at Fred who was in a conversation with George.

“Fred took it pretty hard too.” I said.

“What do you mean?”

“He started… crying. In front of me. At first it scared me because I’ve never seen either Fred or George cry, but then I hugged him and he asked me if it’s what it felt like when I found out my parents and family were dead. I knew he was deeply worried and couldn’t contain all his emotions, and I think that’s what makes us so close.” I said admiring Fred messy hair from behind. “I mean, we’re best friends and knowing that he’s comfortable to cry around me is really saying something you know?”

“That’s really sweet.” Ginny said with wide eyes.

“I know.”