You're My Bad Apple

Ch. 22

It has been exactly a year now. In a couple days people will be going down to Harry’s to pick him up and bring him to the burrow safely. I of course was trying to have Fred stay here, I didn’t want him to get hurt. Many times I’ve tried but he says he promised to go and people really shouldn’t break promises. So on the day they were going Ginny and I went dress shopping so we didn’t have to worry about them leaving tonight. The reason we were dress shopping is because Bill, the eldest Weasley brother, is marrying the one and only Fleur Delacore. I walked into the shop and pulled off a few tester dresses. Ginny pretty much dragged off an entire rack and brought it into her dressing room to try on.
Little by little the hours passed and we finally found our shoes and dresses. I then treated us to lunch then headed up just before they were about to leave. I ran up to Fred and pulled him into a longing kiss, you know, just in case he doesn’t make it. I pulled away and hugged him.

“Please be safe.” I whispered.

“You know I will.” He said before winking and walking out the door to get his broom. I grabbed Georges arm and pulled him into a hug also.

“You be safe too.”

He smiled down at me and kissed the top of my head. “You worry to much.”

George and everyone else then left leaving me, Ginny, and Mrs. Weasley to wait. Only to see of our loved ones would come back alive.
An hour had passed before I heard the slightest noise coming from outside. I jumped up to see a very soggy Harry and Hagrid walking in, I sighed and smiled happy that they were okay. Ginny ran from the stairs and into Harry’s arms smiling as wide as I’ve seen her in a while. A crack broke the silence and the looked out the window to see a Harry turning into a twin with blood coming out of his ear. I squeaked and I ran up to him, George. I pulled him inside and laid him down on the couch. It broke my heart to see one of my best friends bleeding from his missing ear. I pointed my wand at it and whispered “Curare”. His ear grew back quickly and he was still bleeding. Also there was still a chance he was still deaf but at least he was proportional. He looked at me and smiled.

“I guess I got too cocky and forgot the safe part.”

I rolled my eyes and sat next to him. A few more snaps later I heard Fred and Mr. Weasley on there way in.

“Where is George?” He asked, when nobody responded he ran inside to his brother bleeding out the ear half conscience and half unconscious. He leaned down at his side and touched his face closed to his ear. “How’re you feeling Georgie?”

“Saint like.” He mumbled.

“come again?”

“Saint like. I’m holy. I’m holy Fred. Do you geddit?”

“Pathetic.” Fred said with humor in his voice. “Pathetic! The whole wide world of ear related humor and you go for ‘I’m holy’”

George chuckled. “Reckon I’m still better looking than you though.”

“Doubt that.” Fred said standing up and looking down at me with a smile. I jumped up and wrapped my arms around his neck. “Told you I’d be safe.”

“Yeah but after seeing George like that, I thought something worse had happened to you.”

“Never.” he said kissing my cheek then walking up to his mom. I turned to George and checked on his ear.

“Tomorrow I’ll check if you have any hearing left in it, if not I’ll take a trip to St. Mungo’s and get you some ear drops to fix it.”

“Nah, don’t.” He said and I just stared at him, “I want a battle scar, if you fix it I won’t have anything to remind me that Harry is going to kick you -know-who’s ass!”

“George!” Yelled mrs. Weasley.

“What? It’s true!” he said and started to laugh. Same old George. After a couple minutes I walked back up to my room awaiting tomorrow. The wedding.