You're My Bad Apple

Ch. 23

The next morning was hectic. I forced myself to stay in bed until 2 in the afternoon so I wouldn’t be bothered. Everyone was helping to set up but I decided to shower and get ready. I ran back to the room hoping nobody would see my in only a towel and pulled on my dress. It was a skinny strapped dress with a black bow as the upper part and was a peachy orange for the bottom. When done I curled my hair and pulled on my black strapped heels. It was now around 4 and the wedding started in about two hours. I walked down the steps and saw George in the kitchen drinking tea. I walked in all the way, he looked at me and choked on the tea. I covered my mouth and walked up to him. He put down the cup coughing.

“Are you alright?” I asked trying not to laugh.

“Yeah.” he said clearing his throat and then smiling.

“Your such a dork.”

“Well you caught me by surprise, no offense but I have never seen you this beautiful.”

“I’ll take that as a complement.”

“You should. By the way if you made me choke on my tea you just might make my brother faint.”

“Cross your fingers.” I said with sarcasm. Just then Fred walked in and went right past me. I raised my eye brows and nudged George.

“Ahem. Fred?”

“Yes?” He said turning around to him, his mouth opened slightly obviously seeing me. “Bloody Hell.”

Fred walked up to me and checked me out head to toe. I giggled as he grabbed my hand and spun me around.

“What the hell happened to my girlfriend?”

I shrugged and he didn’t look away.

“You look….” he said trailing off.

“Nice? Pretty? Hideous? Brilliant?”

“Hot.”

I covered my mouth to stop me from cracking up. I sucked in a deep breath and smiled.

“Thank you.”

Fred nodded still staring.

“Alright you pervert, you’re creeping me out. Go do whatever you were going to go.” I said and pushed Fred slightly in the opposite direction. He took a step back and then turned to go up the stairs. George groaned and crossed his arms like a two year old. “What?”

“He didn’t faint.”

Yet again I rolled my eyes and walked out of the house. Hermione and Ginny were already in there dresses looking as beautiful as ever. They were pointing and giggling like fan girls at the guys trying to pitch up the tent where the after party would be held. Fred and George ran out to help. I looked over at Ron, he had gotten taller and really grew up. He was actually really attractive. Hermione was ogling him from the distance, Ginny was staring at Harry but his backside was showing so it was obvious she was staring at his butt. When everything was set up and the cooking was done, everyone gathered around and waited for the ceremony to start.
Finally after the ceremony was over and Bill and Fleur were married we all headed over to the tent and turned up the music to start dancing. Bill and Fleur were doing this weird thing where they--- well I don’t know how to describe it. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were doing the robot. Hermione was chatting it up with Viktor Krum, Ron didn’t look too happy about that. Ginny and Harry were having a serious conversation. George was in the far back whispering things into Angelina’s ear, she was giggling and doing the same to him. I was getting some punch trying to find Fred. I poured some into the cup then took a long drink of it. Off into the distance out of the tent I saw Fred pacing and talking to himself. I took off my heels, placed them under a table and made my way over to him.

“… just do it you idiot.” He said right before he looked up seeing me. “Oh, hi!”

“Do what?”

“Pardon?”

“What do you have to do? You idiot?” I said and Fred’s face flushed.

“Nothing.”

“Really because in my book talking to yourself isn’t normal.”

“Its… uh. Complicated.” he said and I crossed my arms.

“Fine alright, you don’t want me to know.”

Fred nodded and slid his hand through his hair. I walked up closer to him and got up onto the tips of my toes and pecked his lips. His mouth formed into a smile as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“I love you.” He said against my lips.

“I love you too.” I said back sliding my hands down his backside to his butt pocket. He grabbed my hand and moved it. “What’re you hiding Fred?”

“N-nothing.” he stuttered.

I didn’t say anything, when he removed his grip on my hand I grabbed the object out of his back pocket and ran for it. I went into the house and opened the little box to see a ring inside, it was silver with several diamonds on the ring and a larger one in the middle. I stopped in my tracks and looked down at it.

“You ruin everything you know that right?” said Fred walking in breathing heavily. He took the box out of my hand and looked down at me. “The way I was going to ask you was planned out perfectly, and it wasn’t going to be as awkward.”

“Ask me what?” I asked him stupidly.

“What? You don’t know what ring this is?”

I didn’t say anything.

“It’s an engagement ring Summer. I was going to ask you to marry me.”

“Was?”

“Well. You’ve ruined the surprise, I can’t possibly buy a new ring to surprise you.”

“I hate surprises.”

“What do you want me to do then? Not ask you to marry me? I can’t do that.”

“Ask me now.”

“What?”

“Ask me now.” I repeated. Fred shrugged, got down on one knee and opened the box. The ring glistened from the lights surrounding us.

He took in deep breath and looked me in the eye. “Summer Elizabeth Willow.”

“Yes?” I said now smiling.

“Will you marry me?”

“No.”

“What?!” he said standing up. “You told me to do it now and you tell me no?”

“That was the WORST proposal I’ve seen in the history of ever! You don’t even sound like you want to marry me, do it again with more love in your voice. Make it sound like you’re going to pass out if I deny you my hand in marriage.”

“You’re the absolute most craziest person I have ever met.” he said.

“See that’s a great start.”

Fred sighed got down on one knee again and thought for a moment on what to say. “Summer.”

“Yes?” I said again.

“You are the most fantastic, crazy, funniest, beautiful person I have ever met. You’re my best friend. I honestly can’t imagine being with anyone else in the world except for you. I want to be committed to you for the rest of my life, you are the only person I want to see right beside me when I wake up in the morning. Summer you are the only person in the world I want to be with. Nobody else is as amazing as you are and when I’m with you I feel like I’m in heaven. So please. Will you marry me?” he finished and I was now in tears and nodding like an idiot. He put the ring on my finger and stood up. I wrapped my arms around him and placed my lips on his. I pulled away finally hearing the world around us, people were clapping. I looked behind Fred’s head to see almost everyone in the living room looking up at us smiling.

I cleared my throat “Uh. How much of that did you see?”

“We all came running in after Fred after running after you.” Mrs. Weasley said. “I saw the ring box in your hand and made everyone come in.”

“Oh uh. Thanks mom.” Fred said who was now red.