Sequel: Dare To Have A Doubt

You having fun there Cas?

No Smoke Without Fire

“Think you could lay off the hunting for a little while? Just until you’re in one piece and everything’s not so fucked up” Sunny helped Dean hold the glass of water up to his mouth as he drank slowly, he let out a deep sigh as he dropped back against the pillows “please?”

“Make that water a whiskey and I’ll think about it” he joked, he forced a small smile but when Sunny didn’t smile back it dropped “oh come on, I’ll be good to go hunting again by tomorrow, I can’t just sit on my ass waiting for Zachariah and his goons to find us, I need to keep myself in shape, need to keep myself ready for the battle” he coughed again loudly before Sunny sat her hand across his forehead taking his temperature

“You won’t be fighting in any battles unless you get better soon” she dropped down on the small space between the man and the edge of the bed and wrapped her arm around his neck, he smirked slightly in Sam’s direction and he shuffled closer and let his head rest against her chest.

Spending three weeks straight with someone didn’t give you the chance to feel awkward around them, Sunny had already seen Dean walking around naked twice but she didn’t get the chance to feel embarrassed by it. They had were together constantly, in the motels they stopped at, in the car on the way to different cities (it was the third in just over a week as they ducked under the radar from Zachariah), the only time she ever got a break from him was when he went to the bathroom or when he and Sam went hunting.

“Okay well, on that note we are going for lunch” Sam got to his feet and clapped his hands together, his eyes skated over his brother before dropping to Lilly who was pulling her shoes on “Sunny call me if anything happens, I’d rather not leave you on your own…Dean’s not going to be much help if anything shows up”

“Hey!” Dean growled “I can still aim my gun” Sam scoffed slightly before turning back to Sunny and making a telephone sign with his fingers as he followed Lilly out of the small room. The small woman let out a loud sigh in the quiet motel room, she ran her fingers over the stubble of Dean’s cheek before turning slightly pressing her chest even further against his face

“Can I ask you a question?”

“You can ask me anything you like” Dean smiled lightly from where he resting, he loved it when girls trusted him “I mean, yeah…uh go ahead” he coughed slightly then shifted so he could breath easier

“Do you remember what the other universe was like?” quickly Dean sat himself upright, he grasped the cup of water and took a large sip “I’m going to take that awkward reaction as a yes, Sam said they grant you your biggest wish…what did you get?”

“Uh” he licked his lips softly then looked at her as she sat up to face him “it was…I mean….my mom was there” Sunny’s eyes grew in size but before she got to open her mouth a third presence appeared in the motel, the woman turned quickly and smiled when she spotted Castiel stood in front of the sofa

“Hey Cas!” she got to her feet and rushed towards him, she didn’t stop herself from wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him down for a tight hug. She shivered slightly when he wrapped his arms awkwardly around her waist, she was sure behind her Dean was motioning, telling him what to do but she chose to believe that it was all Castiel’s doing, that he wanted to hug her just as much as she wanted to hug him “what are you doing here?”

“I need to speak with you” his gaze shot to Dean then back to Sunny “privately”

“Oh okay” she looked to Dean “if I give you one whiskey do you promise to stay in your bed while I step out to talk to Cas?” Dean grumbled under his breath “what Dean?”

“Don’t talk to me like I’m a damn child” he winced as he stretched “I’m fine, just go talk to him, I can get my own whiskey” he clutched his side as he shifted towards the edge of the bed only to be stopped by Sunny who was now crouching in front of him “Sunny come on, I can’t stay in bed all day every day, I’m bored”

“I’ll call Lilly and get her to bring you in some pie” she raised an eye brow “is pie and whiskey enough to keep you under the covers?” he paused for a few seconds before nodding and slipping down, Sunny pulled the covers over him then stood to meet Castiel “lets go outside okay?”.

Slowly they stepped outside and Sunny closed the door over behind them, she peered into the window to check Dean was still in bed before she turned to stare at the being next to her, she folded her arms across her chest and leant back against the wall “what can I do for you Cas?”

She had grown to trust Castiel, which was strange considering he’d appeared in her front room from nowhere and he’d kidnapped her but she still found a soft spot for him, perhaps it was his innocence? She was so tired of falling for bad boys like…well like Dean.

“Zachariah has found you again-”

“Again Castiel?” she pushed her hands into her bangs and turned away from him “can’t you just help us? I know it’s all you have been doing since we met…but, I’m so tired of running” she sighed and let her hands drop to her side “isn’t there anyway to just kill him forever?”

“He’s an angel Sunny…he’s already dead” Castiel shrugged slightly, he froze as she threw herself towards him, her body colliding with his as she wrapped her arms around his waist, her head resting against his chest as she cried. Slowly he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, holding onto her tightly.

They remained where they were for a few minutes before Sunny pushed herself away from him, she wiped her eyes then laughed at herself quietly

“I’m sorry Cas, I’m just not used to this life-” her words were cut short as Castiel stepped close to her, his body pushing hers against the wall “Cas?” she questioned, her eyes locked on his lips as one of his hands ran through her hair stopping at the nape of her neck, slowly he leant forward and pressed his lips against hers.

Sunny was frozen for a few seconds until she kissed back, her arms slid around his waist, locking at his back as she held him against her. His fingers tangled in her hair rougher than before as he kissed her passionately. They stood for a few minutes, completely caught up in one another before the clearing of a throat caught their attention. The two jumped apart, turning to face Lilly who was looking at them with wide eyes. “I uh I forgot my phone….” Sunny stepped back to let Lilly into the motel room. She looked up again to see Sam standing there rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

“Well this uh this is awkward” Sunny nodded feeling her cheeks burning. She turned to look at Lilly who had exited the room.

“You know Dean’s walking around in there right?” Sunny sighed and opened the motel room door. The last thing she heard was Lilly saying “ok fine I owe you ten dollars, I honestly thought she was gonna sleep with Dean”

“Dean, you promised you would stay in the bed!”

“You promised you would get me whiskey!” Sunny’s eyebrows crumpled in confusion, Dean was pissed at her and she had no idea why.

“Right what’s biting your ass Winchester?” she asked smirking at him, but her smirk disappeared as he glared at her.

“Nothing” he snapped.

“No your pissed at me, why?” Dean shook his head and gave out an agitated sigh as Castiel appeared in the room next to Sunny.

“Doesn’t matter” she sighed at him, dropping down on the end of the bed. She looked down at her feet, unable to look Dean in the eye. She felt the bed go down as someone sat down next to her. She looked up to see Dean. She gently lay her head on his shoulder and watched as Castiel disappeared.

“What’s wrong Dean? Please tell me” she begged quietly, knowing he could hear her. Dean stayed silent. “Dean?” she lifted her head and looked up at him. She saw the guilty look across his face for a second before he looked away from her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed it
NO ONE COMMENTED ! WHY?!?!
I WANT COMMENTS PEOPLE!
Read, review, subscribe, COMMENT, Love