Sequel: Dare To Have A Doubt

You having fun there Cas?

Uncharted

Dean’s POV

Dean woke, turning in his bed, only to jump back as Sunny was laying next to him, asleep. Dean slowly climbed out of the bed. He looked around staring at the unfamiliar room. His gaze stopped on a picture of him and Sunny. They were both cuddling and he had held the camera up to take the picture. He was confused he didn’t remember taking that. “Dean?” he spun round to face Sunny who was sitting up rubbing her eyes “What are you doing up?”

“I uh just wanted a glass of water, I’ll be back in a minute” she nodded and lay back done, pulling the covers over her tiny figure. Dean sighed in relief quietly and pulled open the door of the room. He then faced an unfamiliar hallway. He quickly walked down the hall and walked into the living room. He saw a letter on the table. He dropped it quickly when he saw that it was addressed to him. He was now freaking out he didn’t have an address, he lived on the road.

“Honey?” he looked round to see Sunny standing in the doorway wearing tiny shorts and a tank top “I forgot to tell you Sam and Lilly are coming over for dinner tomorrow they‘re bringing the twins, is that ok?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t it be?” she looked at him suspiciously but nodded her head.

“Uh, never mind, if your going to get a glass of water, wouldn’t that be easier if you were in the kitchen?”

“Uh yeah right, uh stupid me” he walked into another room, hoping that this was the kitchen. He sighed in relief and grabbed a glass of the counter. He filled it with water and drank it. Once he’d finished he placed the glass on the counter. He looked up at Sunny who was smiling at him in the doorway “What?”

“Nothing” she walked over to him, taking one of his hands in hers. Dean looked down at their hands and saw the engagement ring on Sunny’s finger. He froze ‘Sunny was engaged?’. “Dean are you okay? You’re acting weird today and it’s starting to scare me just a little” he looked at Sunny with wide eyes. He was the one acting strange?

“Uh sorry, I just…I uh, I had a nightmare, it’s just stuck my head…I’ll be fine” he forced a small grin but she simply shook her head in disbelief “what?” his eyes dipped to look at her ring again then back up to her eyes, she smiled softly at him then leant forward and pressed her lips against his. He didn’t react but he let her kiss him, he didn’t understand what was going on but if Sunny wanted to kiss him she was going to get to kiss him

“Lets go back to bed” her body pressed against his softly as she pressed small kisses along his jaw ‘can’t have my fiancé freaking out three weeks before the wedding, it’s never a good sign” she laughed quietly then lay her head against his chest, she wrapped her free arm around his waist slipping the fingers under his shirt to run along the skin of his lower back

“Fiancé?” Dean choked making Sunny stand up right with a hurt expression “we’re getting married? I thought we were just getting it on while your guy was out of town or something” the hurt expression across Sunny’s face deepened “I need to call Sam”

“You think Sam’s going to want to talk to you?” she snapped “did you lose your mind yesterday Dean?” she held up a finger “one: We’ve been engaged for a year, at least now I know why you keep putting the date off” she held up a second finger “two: you and Sam haven’t spoken in five years, the only reason he and Lilly are coming over tomorrow is because your mom asked to have a family meal-”

“My mom?“ he cut her off as he shook his head “my mom is dead, she died in a fire when Sam was just a baby”

“What’s wrong with you? Your mom is alive and well in her house Dean. Is that what you dreamt about? Your mom dying?” her face softened and she cupped his jaw with one hand pulling him down to be eye level with her “baby that was just a dream, your mom is alive, she’s okay”

“What about my dad? Is my dad okay too?”

“Do I need to call a doctor? I think you bumped your head a little harder than I thought last night” she ran her free hand through his hair and pressed a light kiss against his lips “your dad had a heart attack last year, a year ago tomorrow. That’s why your mom wants everyone together” she kissed him again before he got the chance to speak.

Dean’s mind was racing as Sunny linked her fingers with his and tugged him along behind her, his eyes raced to take in the photographs that lined the walls. There were plenty of he and Sunny, running from his teenage years up to the age he was at currently, there was a few of people he didn’t know but who he assumed were family friends, then he spotted the one with his parents. He stopped so suddenly that Sunny nearly fell to the floor, his green eyes ran across the picture watering slightly as he realised it had to have been recent because he was older, he had stubble and Sunny was in the picture flashing her engagement ring.

He didn’t understand, it didn’t matter what scenarios he put together in his head none of them made any sense or made clear out of the mess his brain was. He was brought out of his thoughts by Sunny’s arms wrapping around his, she leant against him and pressed a kiss against his shoulder “come on Dean” she sighed “it’s only five am, lets go back to bed okay?” he nodded dumbly before letting her lead him towards the bedroom again.

His eyes raced around the room, trying to take in every detail he could about the life he didn’t know anything about “I’ll tell Sam not to be a douche when he comes over, you obviously aren’t okay” he looked to Sunny as she slipped under the sheets next to him “he was worried about you, y’know” he shivered as she drew small shapes into the t-shirt covering his chest “he can deny it all he wants but I saw it in his eyes” she yawned quietly then pressed another kiss against his neck “I’ll see you in the morning, try and get some sleep okay?”.

&&

The tension was thick around the room apart from the quiet chattering of Sam and Lilly’s four year old twins. Both Lilly and Sunny quietly chattered as well, as they dished out the dinner to everyone in the room. Dean was sitting uncomfortably across from Sam.

“Dean” said Sam nodding his head.

“Sam, Sammy” Dean tried to brake the tension between himself and Sam.

“Sammy? You haven’t called me that since we were ten” Dean laughed awkwardly and watched as Lilly elbowed Sam in the stomach softly. Dean looked up to his mother who was still smiling even throughout the tension.

“Dean, how have you been?”

“I’ve uh I’ve been good how bout you?”

“I’ve been good” Sunny sat down next to Dean, running her hand across his shoulder. Dean tensed up automatically.

“Uh, I think Dean might have hit his head pretty hard last night, he was acting really weird” said Sunny, putting her hand on his leg. Tensing up Deans knee hit off the table. Sunny just ignored him and continued to look over at Dean and Sam’s mom.

“You sure he hit his head Sunny it could just be him being a dick?” Sam said making Lilly elbow him harder.

“Sam!” both girls scolded him. He held his hands up in a surrendering motion.

Once they’d finished dinner Sunny had stood up to help the twins off their seats so they could run around. Once she’d done that she and Lilly picked up all the plates and went into the kitchen. Dean cleared his throat beginning to feel slightly awkward in the silence surrounding them. Dean looked up at his mother, still unable to believe that she was really here. “You know mom I’m really glad to see you”

“You saw me last week?”

“Yeah I know” Dean replied awkwardly “I know, I’m just glad to see you is all” he smiled when she grinned and sat her hand on his, across from them Sam let out a loud and obvious sigh as he rolled his eyes, Dean furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at him “I’ve put up with your sarcky remarks all night man” when Sam scoffed Dean slammed his palms down on the table pushing himself onto his feet “if you’ve got a problem man up and say it to my face you son of a bitch”

Suddenly both of their partners appeared in the door way, Lilly’s twins ran towards her and clutched onto her legs tightly. With another aggravated sigh Sam pushed his own 6 ft 3 frame upwards, he leant forward resting on his fists as he glared at his brother “well?”

“As a matter of fact I do have a problem with you” they didn’t look downwards as their mother got to her feet, she grabbed an arm on each of them trying to push them away from the table “I don’t know what the hell is wrong with you tonight, I don’t believe this nice guy act you’ve got going on. You’ve never once been that guy Dean, that guy who treats his girlfriend right, treats his mom right, you’re even attempting to talk to me. You’ve never put family first Dean, ever. It’s always about you!”

“Mom do you think you could take the twins into the living room?” Lilly was the first to speak as she pushed the twins towards their grandmother “we can handle it here, we’ve done it often enough” she forced a small smile as her mother-in-law sat her hands at the nape of the little girls necks and pushed them softly along side her, her eyes glancing back at her sons before she left the room.

“It’s always about me?!” Dean roared, his eyes seemed to flash sending a warning towards Sam before they dipped to stare at the small hand sat across his chest “Let go of me Sunshine” her fingers tightened around the white, button up shirt she’d forced him into then she began tugging at him softly “Sunny, I’m serious, let go of me” he glanced up quickly to find Lilly had already pulled Sam away from the table, she was holding onto his neck and forcing him to keep his eyes on hers.

“Dean come on, he’s not going to give you what you want” his body relaxed and he let Sunny tug him into the kitchen where she let go of him and slammed the door closed, she leant back against a counter, drumming her fingers across the surface. She was pissed.

“I’m sorry?” he raised his eyebrows as he shrugged “what do you want me to say Sunny? That son of a bitch has been trying me all night, I’d had enough”

“That son of a bitch is your little brother, if I don’t get to see my nieces for another year you’ll be sleeping on the sofa Dean Winchester every day of that year” she crossed her arms over her chest, resting her head in her hand “apologise to Sam and we’ll send everyone home, I’m in no mood to entertain anymore”

“You can’t send my mom home-”

“Then you go home with her Dean, I don’t really care to see your face right now” quickly she pulled the kitchen door open again and stepped outside leaving Dean alone with his troubled mind.

&&

His mother’s sofa was uncomfortable, his legs hung off the end and the blanket she’d given him could only cover one half of his body. He tugged it up to his chin, groaning as the bottom half of his body was exposed to the cool air of the living room. He’d gone home with his mom, desperate to spend more time with her, they had gone through photo albums and despite her questioning looks she’d filled him in on a lot of the stuff he didn’t know.

His dad had been a softball coach, his mom had been a nursery teacher, Sam had gone to law school and was some rich ass lawyer who lived in California with Lilly and they’re two kids. She’d tried to be nice about it but in the simplest of terms she’d told him he was a douche bag, apparently he was lucky for Sunny to still be so loyal and in love with him after the way he treated her.

He finally gave up trying to sleep and grabbed the TV remote, he switched it on and shifted trying to get into a comfortable position where he could see it. His face crumpled as the reporter started talking about the memory of a plane crash, a plane crash that he was sure he’d stopped. He knew he’d stopped the plane crash.

He pushed himself upright as he listened intently before getting to his feet and grabbing his car keys, he needed to go home. The streets had been empty as he raced home, he passed through red lights not bothering to stop.

The blue light of the TV was flicking in the living room as he pulled into the driveway, he slipped from the car and raced inside mumbling a quick hello to Sunny as he passed her in search of his laptop. He locked himself in the bedroom as he began researching, looking up the names of every person he could remember saving and suddenly it hit him. This wasn’t a dream, this was another universe.

He unlocked the door in a rush only to stop when he came face to face with Sunny, she sat her hands on his chest then ran them up to lock at the back of his neck. He took a deep breath before she stood on her tiptoes and kissed him, they stood in the hallway for a few minutes before Dean remembered what he needed to do and pushed her away. She called after him as he raced to the kitchen in search of a silver knife, it was the only thing he knew that could kill a Jinn.

That’s what he was dealing with, somewhere that son of a bitch was slowly drinking his blood, slowly killing him. It all made sense now, Jinn’s let people live their biggest wish until he killed them, his biggest wish must have been tied between his mom being alive and having Sunny love him.

&&

The factory was dank and falling apart as he slowly made his way deeper inside, the knife was out in front of him as he made his way towards a quiet noise. He entered a clearing, stopping suddenly when he spotted his nieces stood in front of him

“Hailey, Poppy, what are you guys doing here? It’s dangerous!” he hissed moving towards them with an out stretched arm “do your mom and dad know you guys are here?”

“Why are you going to kill us Uncle Dean?” they asked simultaneously, they held hands as they looked up at him with large, watery brown eyes “please don’t kill us Uncle Dean, we love you”

“What?” he whispered, taking a step back. He looked up as more people stepped out of the shadows, his brother, Lilly, Sunny and finally his mom “what the hell?”

“Please don’t do this Dean, aren’t you happy here?” Lilly asked quietly as she sat her hands on the shoulders of her daughters

“Please Dean, I love you” Sunny stepped forward with open arms “we can get married and we can have our own children, isn’t that what you want?”

“You aren’t real!” Dean snapped angrily taking a step back “none of this is real” he looked to his mom as her eyes watered, she seemed so real and he was so happy she was alive but…but then he thought of all the people who had to die just so he could be happy and he knew he’d never be happy again if he stayed where he was “I’m sorry” he mumbled before plunging the knife into his stomach.


“DEAN! DEAN CAN YOU HEAR ME?!” his eyes rolled slightly towards the loud voice and took in the blurred frame of Sam stood directly in front of him “there’s a faint pulse, we need to get him out of here!” he felt the needles being ripped from his skin and he fell forward into Sam’s open arms.

“Oh my god” his eyes moved again towards the feminine voice next to his brother “oh my god Dean, Dean can you hear me? It’s Sunny” she cried, he could feel her hands on his face as they made their way out of the building “Sam is he going to die?”

“No, no he’s not!” Dean’s gaze moved again when another dark haired woman appeared in his point of view “Lilly open the door!” Sam snapped as he raced towards the front door “we need to leave this Jinn, we need to save Dean. We’ll come back for it later”.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment guys i won't post any more chapters until i get at least four more comments
The next chapter is really special ok so i need the comments to post it

Read review subscribe comment love