Status: Complete

The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

Chapter 11

I woke up the next morning to the sound of my phone vibrating on the night stand beside the bed. I rolled over to grab my phone and looked to see that I had a text from Jenn, ‘Hey we’re going for breakfast at 9. Are you guys gonna come?’ “Who is it?” Jon asked sleepily while rolling over closer to me. “Jenn, wanting to know if we want to go for breakfast with them at 9.” “What time is it?” “Seven,” I answered. “Ok sure we can go,” Jon said closing his eyes. I replied to Jenn’s text and set my phone back on the night stand. I started to get up out of bed when Jon pulled me back down. “It’s too early, just lay here a little bit longer,” he said wrapping his arms around me. “Jon if we’re gonna make it to breakfast on time, I need to get up. You can stay here and sleep, I’ll wake you when I’m done my shower,” I said getting out of his grasp and placing a kiss on his check. “Oh ok,” he sighed rolling over and falling asleep. I got out of the shower, dried myself off and slipped on my black bra with lace detailing and panties to match. I opened the bathroom door and walked over to the side of the bed where I saw Jonathan asleep. He looked so cute. I ran my fingers through his hair and placed a kiss on his check. “Jon, baby time to get up,” I whispered. Jon rolled over and slowly opened his eyes; a smile appeared on his face when he saw me. “Oh okay,” Jon said getting up out of bed and heading to the bathroom to take a shower. I went to my suitcase and pulled out faded blue skinny jeans, a navy blue lace tank top and a light grey cardigan. I put on my make-up and did my hair in lose wavy curls. Jon came out of the bathroom in faded blue jeans and grey v-neck t-shirt that was low enough to show off just a little bit of his toned chest. “Ready to go?” Jon asked. “Yup,” I said grabbing my purse as we headed out the door and down to the restaurant to have breakfast.

We finished breakfast and went back to our rooms to relax before heading over to the rink for the red carpet and the skills competition. Jon and I were getting ready for the red carpet. I reapplied my make-up, left my hair in loose wavy curls and put on my dress. It was a strapless silky purple dress, with a black band under the bust and black lace detailing on the bottom half of the dress. I put on my black flats and grabbed my black clutch to match. Jon came out of the bathroom wearing his fitted black Hugo Boss suit with a light purple shirt and a dark purple tie. I couldn’t stop staring at how good he looked. “Hey sexy,” Jon said wrapping his arms around me and giving me a kiss. “Right back at you,” I smiled running my hands up and down his chest, pulling on his tie for another kiss. We left our hotel room and headed down to get on the bus. “Looking good you two,” Sarah said as we got down to the hotel lobby. “Thanks,” Jon and I replied stepping onto the bus.

We arrived at the RBC Centre and started down the red carpet. The guys stopping to sign autographs along the way. We then stopped for an interview with Jeremy Roenick and Kevin Weekes. “We’re here with the 4 members of the Chicago Blackhawks and their girlfriends,” J.R. said. “Why don’t you introduce your dates,” Kevin said. Sharpie, Duncan and Kaner introduced Sarah, Robyn and Jenn. Then it came to Jonathan. “And Jonathan who’s this lovely lady beside you,” Kevin asked. “This is my fiancé, Chelsey,” Jon said putting his arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him. They asked the guys a few more questions and then let us continue our way down the red carpet. We entered the rink, they guys went to go get ready and us girls went to go take our seats.

The skills competition began with the fastest skater. Then it was onto the breakaway challenge and then the accuracy shooting. Jonathan was in the accuracy shooting against Sharpie and Jon won. Next it was the skills challenge relay. Jon was also in that doing the target shooting again. He hit all 4 targets in 5 shots giving their team a time of 2:09, which lead them to win that competition. Next it was the hardest shot and finally ended with the elimination shoot out. Team Staal ended up winning over Team Lidstrom 33-22. Jon came out of the dressing room in good spirits. “Hey babe, nice shooting,” I said giving him a hug. “Thanks,” he replied giving me a kiss. We boarded the bus and went back to the hotel.

We got into our hotel room and closed the door. “Hey come here,” Jon said grabbing my hand and spinning me around to face him. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me close bending down to kiss me with passion. I grabbed a hold of his tie and pulled him closer to me, our tongues dancing with each other. I took off Jon’s suit jacket and his tie. I felt his hands grip me tighter around my waist. I unbuttoned his shirt and slid it off letting it fall to the floor. Jon’s hand moved up my back to the zipper of my dress and slowly undid it allowing my dress to also fall to the floor. I then unbuckled his belt and took off his pants. Jon then picked me up and carried me to the bed. He unhooked my bra and threw it across the room. He kissed his way from my lips down my chest and stomach and took off my panties. I then took off his boxers and moaned with pleasure as he entered inside me. I collapsed on the pillow beside Jon, both of us breathing heavily from the passionate sex we just had. “That was amazing,” Jon exclaimed moving closer to me. “Hmm it sure was,” I replied resting my head on his chest as we both drifted off to sleep.