Status: Complete

The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

Chapter 16

I looked at the clock on the wall in the daycare and saw that is was 4pm, only half an hour till my shift ends. Jon was signing autographs at the Chicago Chevy Auto Show from 4-6, and I was gonna surprise him when he got home. My shift ended, I said goodbye to my coworkers and the children that were still there. I hopped in my car and drove home. I got home took off my coat and shoes and started to get stuff ready. I went into the bathroom reapplied my makeup and let my hair down. I then got out of my clothes and put on my black lace bra and thong and sprayed some of my perfume. I went over to the closet and pulled out one of Jon’s dress shirts, I put it on leaving the buttons undone. I heard the door open, “Chels, babe I’m home,” Jon said. I walked out of the bedroom and leaned against the wall of the hallway entering the kitchen and the living room. I heard footsteps coming closer around the corner. I expected to see Jon but instead I saw Kaner, Sharpie and Seabrook. “Wow, don’t you look hot Chelsey!” said Kaner with a smirk on his face. “Oh my god!” I exclaimed wrapping Jon’s shirt around me and running back into the bedroom shutting the door behind me. The door opened a few moments later. “Chels, the guys said you had something to show me,” Jon said walking over to me. I turned around letting go of his shirt that I had wrapped around me. “Wow,” Jon said as his eyes scanned my body. “Yeah I had planned to surprise you when you got home. I was leaning up against the wall in the hallway, when I heard footsteps and I thought it was you coming around the corner but turned out it was Kaner, Sharp and Seabs,” I said embarrassed looking down and the floor. “Well we can tell them to go home,” Jon said lifting my chin up and giving me a warm kiss. “No we don’t have to do that, I’ll just put on some clothes,” I said walking over to the closet. “Oh no if anything the clothes will be coming off,” Jon said as he grabbed my arm, pulling me close and kissing me. “Well if you’re sure,” I said pulling away smiling. “Oh I’m sure,” he said walking to the door. Jon came back a few minutes later. “Okay they’re gone, so where were we?” Jon smirked leaning down to kiss me.

It was Friday afternoon, I had just finished work and Jon and I were going to the airport to pick up our brothers David and Shane. They were coming to spend the weekend with us since they had a week off from University because it was reading week, which is like spring break. I was excited I hadn’t seen my brother since Christmas and I hadn’t seen David since the summer. We got to the airport and waited for their flight to arrive. “I see them,” Jon said, “David, Shane over here.” “Where I don’t see them,” I said standing on my tippy toes to try and get a better look around all the people that were at the baggage claim. Jon laughed. It was times like this where I hated being short, but I finally spotted them. “Hey,” I said giving my brother and David both hugs. “Hey,” they replied. “So you excited,” Jon asked as we waited for their bags. “A whole weekend with no parents, hell yeah!” David said. “Alright then,” I said as they grabbed their bags and we headed back to the truck. “So we were thinking we’d just go to the rink now since I have to be there anyway and then we can do something after. How does that sound?” Jon asked. “Sound good to me,” Shane replied. “Yup that’s fine,” David agreed. We got to the rink and Jon showed Shane and David the locker room. “Ok well I have to get ready so I’ll see you after the game,” Jon said. “Alright good luck babe,” I said giving him a warm kiss. “Ugh gross, I really hope we don’t have to see that all week,” David exclaimed. “You wouldn’t think it was gross if it was you and your girlfriend,” Jon said. “Your just gonna have to get used to it brother-in-law,” I said giving David a little shove. “I’m not your brother-in-law yet,” David laughed as we walked out of the locker room and went to go find our seats. In the first period the Blue Jackets got a breakaway and scored. A few minutes later Sharp had a breakaway and scored. Sharp scored again with assists from Jon and Pat making the score at the end 2-1 for the Hawks. In the second the Jackets scored 3 goals making the score 4-2.. In the third Kaner scored and Jon got an assist. The Hawks had lots of chances but just couldn’t get the puck in the net, leaving the final score 4-3 for the Blue Jackets.

After the game we went back to our place. A few of the guys were coming over, we were just gonna order pizza and hang out. I heard a knock on the door and went to go answer it. Kaner, Sharpie, Duncan and Brent came in holding pizza boxes and beer. Jenn, Robyn and Sarah followed. I introduced Shane and David to everyone. I grabbed a piece of pizza and a beer and went into the living room where everyone was sitting and took a seat on Jonathan’s lap. “Hey you guys can’t have beer you’re underage,” Jon said looking over at David and Shane. “We’re legal in Canada,” Shane replied. “And it’s not like we’re going anywhere,” David said. “Alright fine,” Jon said giving in and wrapping his arms around me pulling me close. “So David, Shane how awkward is it seeing these too kissing all the time,” Sharpie said motioning over to me and Jon. “Hey we haven’t done anything that bad,” I exclaimed. “Yeah...yet,” Kaner replied. “No there was one time last summer at the lake, when I caught you too making out in the kitchen,” David shuddered remember the incident. “No way really!” Kaner exclaimed. “That was one time!” Jon defended. “It was still gross,” David said. “Well make sure you have ear plugs, in case anything happens tonight. Chelsey can get a little loud,” Kaner smirked. “KANER!” I yelled, throwing a pillow at him. We talked for a little while longer till everyone left. Then we all went to bed.

I was in the kitchen the next morning in my pyjama shorts and a t-shirt making breakfast. “Mmmm it sure smells good in here,” Jon said coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around me. “Thanks, I worked really hard,” I said sarcastically. “I wasn’t talking about the food,” he whispered in my ear. “Oh,” I smiled spinning around to face him; he was just in a pair of black shorts. He leaned down for a kiss and I wrapped my arms around his chest. “Ahem!” Jon and I pulled away to see Shane and David standing there. “Sorry,” I said blushing, and went back to making breakfast. “How did you guys sleep?” I asked as I put breakfast in front of them and sat down next to Jon. “Alright I guess, the ear plugs didn’t help much though,” Shane said looking over at me. “Yeah we could still hear you, ‘Oh Jon yes right there ah!’ It was sickening,” David said as he and Shane started laughing. My face turned red, “Hey it’s not my fault!” I said looking at Jon. “Hey what did I do?” “Oh you know exactly what you did.” “Well you sure didn’t have a problem with it last night,” Jon smirked. “Ugh gross! Next time just turn the shower on or something so it can drown out the noise,” David said. “Alright fine, so what do you want to do today?” Jon asked. “I don’t know what’s there to do?” Shane asked. “There’s lots, we could go to Millennium Park, Navy Pier, the museum, the Sears Tower, or just go wonder around Michigan Ave” Jon said. “How about we go to Navy Pier,” Shane said. “Alright sounds good.” We finished breakfast and then went to go get ready.