Status: Complete

The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

Chapter 27

Jon’s POV:

I just finished tying my shoes when Hank the security guard came running in. “Jon you need to come to the main floor quickly,” Hank said out of breath. “What? Why?” I asked. “It’s Chelsey,” that’s all Hank had to say, I ran out of the locker room and up to the main floor. There I saw four girls being pulled off of someone lying on the ground by security guards. As I got closer I realized that the person lying on the ground was Chelsey. I ran over to her and bent down and scooped her up in my arms. Her eyes were closed; I could feel her heart beating so that was a good sign. “Chelsey wake up! Baby please wake up!” I yelled fighting back tears. “The paramedics are on their way Jon,” Hank said kneeling down beside me. I just nodded unable to speak. A million thoughts were running through my brain, ‘How could this happen? Who would do this? Why did they do this? Is she going to be okay? What if I lose her?’ I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt Chelsey shift in my arms. I looked down to see her eyes slowly open. “Oh thank God,” I said as I hugged her, placing a kiss on her lips and all over her checks. “What, what happened?” she asked groggily. “Do you remember anything?” I asked. “I remember talking to these four girls, but that’s it.” “Well they started punching and kicking you until you blacked out,” Hank replied, “The paramedics are on their way so they’ll take a look at you.” A few minutes later the paramedics arrived and checked Chelsey out to make sure she was alright. “You’ll be fine, just a few cuts and scrapes, you’ll probably get some bruises too,” one paramedic said. “Thank you,” I said, Chelsey and I then went home for a while before we had to come back for the game.

We got home and Chelsey went to sit on the couch. I sat down beside her and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her onto my lap. “Baby, are you sure you’re okay?” “Yeah I’m just a little sore.” “Is there anything I can do?” I asked. “No I think I’m just going to go take a bath,” she replied. “Alright well I’m gonna go for my pregame nap. You sure you’re gonna be okay?” “Yeah I’ll be fine,” she replied giving me a light kiss before getting up and going into the bathroom. I went into the bedroom and laid down. I woke up about 2 hours later and went to go take a shower to get ready for the game. Once I was done getting ready I walked out into the living room and saw Chelsey sitting on the couch in a pair of skinny jeans, a grey v-neck t-shirt and a red cardigan. “You look nice,” I said bending down to kiss her. “Thanks so do you,” she replied. “Ready to go?” I asked. “Yup,” she replied getting up off the couch.

We got to the rink and walked down the hallway towards to locker room. I wrapped my arm around Chelsey’s waist and pulled her close to me, I could tell she was nervous about being here. We got to the doors and saw Jenn, Robyn and Sarah waiting for her. I pulled Chelsey off to the side. “Hey baby, you’re gonna be fine. You have nothing to worry about. You have Jenn, Sarah and Robyn with you and Hank said he’s gonna be in the same section as you, if anything happens,” I said cupping her face in my hands. “Yeah okay,” she said nervously. “Hey I’m not gonna let anything happen to you,” I said bending down to kiss her. “I love you,” I whispered giving her a hug. “I love you too,” she whispered back. “You’re gonna be fine,” I said giving her one last kiss before heading into the dressing room.

Chelsey’s POV:

I walked with Jenn, Robyn and Sarah to our seats. We were just about at our row when I saw the four girls who had jumped me earlier. They were sitting a few rows behind us. “Hey it’s gonna be fine,” Jenn said putting her arm around me for support. We took our seats behind the Blackhawks bench and the warm ups were just starting. I spotted Jon and he locked eyes with me and smiled. I smiled back. I tried to focus on the game but I just had this bad feeling that something was going to happen.

After the game the girls and I were walking down towards the dressing room when the four girls came up to me. “So you decided to show your face here after what happened this morning. How stupid are you?” The brown hair girl spat. “Leave me alone,” I said trying to get around her but she stopped me. “You’re not gonna get away this time,” she said grabbing my wrist tightly and pinning me to the wall. I was so scared; I could feel tears start to well up in my eyes. “Oh look she’s gonna cry,” teased another girl. The brown haired girl brought her right hand up and slapped me hard across the face. I couldn’t stop the tears from coming as I started to cry. She brought her hand up once again. “Hey what the hell do you think you’re doing?” I heard Jon yell. The girls immediately let go of me and started to run away, as I dropped to the floor. They didn’t get very far as Hank and the other security guards got a hold of them and took them away. Jon came and sat down beside me pulling me into his chest. “Shhh, baby it’s okay. I’m here now, they can’t hurt you,” he whispered in my ear, stroking my hair as I cried. Once I stopped crying we got up and went home. When we got home I went straight into the bedroom, changed out of my clothes and curled up under the covers. I felt Jon slid into bed beside me. I rolled over and cuddled into his chest as he wrapped his arms tightly around me and I slowly drifted off to sleep.