Status: Complete

The Best Thing That's Ever Been Mine

Chapter 28

It was Monday morning, I had booked the week off work and I was waiting for Jon to finish practice and then I’d be going with the team to Montreal, for the game on Tuesday. I was excited, it meant I got to spend more time with Jon and to see his parents and mom’s side of the family, who lived just outside of Quebec City, and were coming to Montreal to watch the game. Jon came out of the locker room with Viktor, Troy and Kaner. “So Chelsey, you’re coming to Montreal with us?” Troy asked. “Yes I am, I’m so excited,” I replied. “Me too,” Jon said wrapping an arm around my waist and placing a kiss on my temple. “You’re just happy cause that means you’ll be getting some,” Seabs said walking up. “Oh!” Kaner laughed. “What are you laughing at Kaner, we’re roommates remember,” Jon said, causing Kaner to stop laughing and a disgusted look to appear on his face. Now it was everyone else’s turn to laugh. “Don’t worry Kaner, we’ll try to keep it under control,” I laughed. We then made our way out to the parking lot and headed to the airport.

A few hours later we arrived in Montreal and were at our hotel. Jon and I got to the hotel room before Kaner and put our bags down. “The bed is so comfy,” I said as I lay down in the middle of it. “Really?” Jon asked as he crawled over top of me. “Yeah,” I replied looking up at Jon. He then proceeded to lie on top of me. “Jonathan!” I squealed. “You’re right this bed is comfy. I especially like this part,” he said referring to his head laying on my chest. “Of course you do,” I grinned. “Come here,” I grinned pulling him up for a kiss. Jon smiled deepening the kiss. Just as it was getting pretty heated Kaner walked in. “Seriously guys! You’re going to do that now!” Kaner exclaimed. “Not anymore I guess,” Jon groaned, rolling off me and put his shirt back on, while I fixed my top. “We should probably get ready, my parents said too meet them at the restaurant at 6,” Jon said getting up and going into the bathroom. After I had my shower I changed into dark wash skinny jeans, a navy blue and white striped henley racerback tank with a grey ruffle shrug cardigan. I paired it with my brown leather ankle boots. I did my hair in lose curls and put on a bit of makeup. Jon wore dark wash jeans and a light blue and white striped button up shirt with the sleeves rolled up. “Hey you look good,” I said to Jon. “Thanks, so do you,” Jon replied as we headed out the door.

We got to the restaurant and saw Jon’s parents, grandparents and some of his aunts, uncles and cousins already at a table. We went to go join them. “Hey,” Jon said as we approached them. “Jonathan, Chelsey,” Andree said standing up and giving both of us hugs. Jonathan got hugs from his grandparents and aunts and uncles. We then sat down, Jon sat beside his dad and I sat beside Jon. “So how’s hockey going?” Jon’s uncle asked. “It’s good. We’ve got to fight to keep our playoff spot so it’s pretty intense right now. I’m pretty focused on hockey at the moment.” “So Chelsey’s what’s it like to live with Jon right now?” Asked Jon’s aunt. I laughed, “Well right now it’s kinda intense, which is understandable. He’s been in ‘serious mode’ for about the past month or so, so I’m kinda used to it by now.” I said looking at Jon, who just rolled his eyes. “Okay, enough about hockey how’s the wedding coming?” Jon’s grandma asked. “You’ll have to ask Chelsey about that, I haven’t really been paying attention,” Jon laughed. “It’s good we’ve got pretty much everything finalized we’re just working on the small details now,” I replied. We continued to make small talk throughout the meal. Jon and I said our goodbyes, saying that we’ll see them at the game tomorrow and then left to go back to the hotel.

I woke up to the sound of the alarm going off and Jon shuffling around. “Don’t get up yet,” I said rolling over wrapping my arms around Jon’s waist. “Babe I have to, I’ve got practice.” “Oh ok,” I sighed letting go of him. Jon placed a kiss on my forehead before crawling out of bed and going into the bathroom. I rolled over to see Kaner still asleep in his bed. “Kaner get up!” I yelled throwing a pillow at him. “What,” he groaned. “Get up you have practice in about an hour.” He just laid there his eyes still closed until he heard the bathroom door open. Kaner then got up and went to go take a shower. Once they were both ready to leave I gave Jon a quick kiss and said goodbye. I then went to go take a nice long shower. I got dressed in skinny jeans, a purple v-neck and a black, white and grey plaid scarf. The boys practice ended around 11 and I was going to meet them for lunch in the hotel restaurant. I made my way down to the restaurant and saw that they guys were already there. “Hey,” I said as I sat down beside Jon and Crawford. “Hi,” Jon said giving me a quick kiss on the check. “We ordered already, hope that was okay.” “Oh yeah that’s fine.” Once we were done lunch, they guys went through their normal game day routine and soon it was time to go to the rink.

We got off the bus and headed down to the locker rooms. “Hey make sure everyone stays till the end so I can say goodbye,” Jon said. “Don’t worry they will,” I replied. “Good luck,” I smiled leaning up to give him a kiss on the mouth before leaving to go find my seat with Jon’s parents and relatives. The game was pretty intense the first period neither team scored. In the second Montreal scored first and then Kaner scored tying the game. It stayed tied in the third causing the game to go into overtime. A few minutes in Jon got a tripping penalty and Montreal ended up scoring. I knew Jon would be pissed that they lost. I waited with Jon’s family for Jon to come out of the locker room. About an hour later Jon came out looking frustrated, disappointed and tired. “Hey,” I said wrapping my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me close and rested his head on my shoulder sighing heavily. “It’s alright Jon, you’ve got 3 more games to play, you can still hold on to that playoff spot,” Andree said as Jon went to go say goodbye to everyone. “Thanks mom,” Jon said giving her a hug. We said goodbye to everyone and then headed on the bus to go to the airport.

We got on the plane and took our seats. About an hour into the flight I came and sat down on Jon’s lap. I could tell he was still down about the game and I wanted to cheer him up. “Hey baby don’t worry about, what’s done is done. Just focus on the game tomorrow,” I whispered in his ear, wrapping my arms around his neck. I slowly placed soft kisses from is ear down his neck. “Chels, what are doing?” Jon asked. “Trying to cheer you up. I hate seeing you like this,” I replied kissing him on the lips. Jon kissed me back, putting his hands on my waist pulling me closer. I ran my hands down Jon’s chest to the waistband of his dress pants. Jon let out a small moan, in which I smiled at. “Hey can you guys at least wait till you get home,” Sharpie laughed, causing Jon and I to pull apart. I laughed quietly as I took my seat beside Jon. He grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers together as I rested my head on his shoulder and slowly drifted off to sleep.