Status: In Progress. Comment? :D

Sunflowers and Tulips

Chapter Thirteen: Part Four

A/N: Okay, guys. This is in...-drumroll- Daniel's POV!!! :D Yay! Now I know it's different, but you'll understand why when you read the chapter. Just promise you won't get mad at me. Get mad at Melissa, she gave me the idea. >.<

Daniel's POV

Honestly, I was scared shitless; not only was my son in the hospital, but the love of his life AND best friend it out somewhere alone. Life honestly sucks right now, but you know what? I gotta man up. Just because my life is basically crumbling into pieces doesn’t mean I am allowed to cry…wait. Fuck…it does! I can cry whenever I want to and I have the right to do it, too!

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when a doctor opened the door, appearing in the doorway. He actually looked pretty hot, to be honest. He appeared to be in his early thirties (just like I was) and had shaggy brown hair and big blue eyes. His body just radiated confidence and sexiness as he strutted walked over to me, his lips pursed into a thin line. That stopped me from checking the rest of him out; the way his eyes were lifeless just unnerved me for some reason.

“Mr…uh…Clark?” his deep voice mumbled, addressing me.

Even though there was a sick feeling in my stomach, I forced a smile, and said, “Please, call me Daniel. And who might you be?”

He nodded, then realizing I asked him a question, coughed nervously. “Right. Well, I’m Dr. Byrd, the new doctor. But you can just call me Alexander.”

“How about Alex?” I questioned. Okay, yes. I was flirting just a little bit, and ONLY a little bit.

Alexander’s eyes went wide, and he started to cough again, messing around with his red neck-tie. “Uhm…sure, I guess,” he mumbled again, looking down at his shiny shoes.

I clapped my hands together and exclaimed, “Great!”, shocking both Alex and Braedon. Both of them jumped, one literally. “Aw, come on, don’t be such pansies.” I joked, lightly slapping Alex on the shoulder.

“Daniel,” Alex started, gripping my shoulder. “We need to talk…privately.”

Suddenly everything got serious and I was scared again. What would he tell me? Would Brae be able to walk again? What about James and his leg? There’s just so many possibilities. Even though I was terrified, I sucked it up and nodded, saying, “Okay…let’s go in the hallway.” He eagerly walked out of the room with me following closely behind. When we were out of the room, I shut the door, turning to Alex. “So…what’s up?”

The sexy man in front of me proceeded to rub his eyes with his hand, obviously debating in his head on how he should tell me the big news. “It’s okay…just tell me,” I encouraged.

“Daniel…your son is involved with actions that deal with self-harm. Mainly cutting himself on his abdominal region. I’m so sorry. Here’s my personal number if you need to talk about anything, okay?”

The words barely left his mouth before my world came crashing down. Braedon cutting? Why didn’t I see it before? The more I thought about it, the more I realized that there were subtle signs. The wincing when he moved, the random blood stains on his shirt…it was all because of him self-harming, not football like he told me. It was all a lie…It’s a beautiful lie…I barely nodded my head and turned away, rejecting Alex’s suggestion of comfort—I needed to think about what I could do. Thankfully, he understood and walked off, but not before slipping his number in the pocket of my jeans.

Echoing footsteps slowly faded away and all that was left was the beeping of different monitors and coughs of people. That’s when I broke down, crying in the hallway and falling to the ground.

How am I going to fix this?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys. I'm seriously forcing this chapter out here because I haven't really been in a writing mood. Hopefully it'll come back soon or else I'm just going to die. I guess it's just cause there's a mixture of work, school, and relationship stuff I need to worry about right now. I'm alright though, thanks for caring. (not. :P)

ANYWAYS. Dedication goes to my dearest cousin Mary because she threatened to kill me if I didn't update tonight, hence the forced chapter. But I'm kind of happy because if she didn't, I'd be too lazy to write so you'd be without a chapter for longer. -sadness-

So I guess that's it. Be expecting a chapter soon (because Mary will kill me if I don't update constantly). Oh. And comment/subscribe? Pretty please? :D