Status: In Progress. Comment? :D

Sunflowers and Tulips

Chapter Eighteen

James' POV

The words barely left Braedon’s mouth before I wrapped him in my strong arms and held him there. There was no way I could say anything right then; I was too hurt to even comprehend half the shit he was saying. But honestly, I didn’t care. I was disappointed, yeah, but he probably already knew that and I didn’t want to make things worse for him. He needed me and I was there to hold him and kiss his head and whisper in his ear that everything would be alright.

“I’m…s-so sorry,” he sobbed, curling up against my chest. (His paralysis wore off fairly quickly and he was now able to move).

It broke my heart to see my love crying. To be honest, it almost made me cry, but for the first time in my life, I held myself together. And it was all for Braedon. He had to know that he is more important than my own feelings, my own opinions, my own morals. He just had to know that above all else, I loved him.

All I did was lightly place my lips on the side of his head, hoping that he’ll get the message that I still loved him. Because I really did. I was just upset that he didn’t tell me about his problems. But for some reason, I couldn’t help but feel as if it was my fault. He needed someone and I wasn’t there. It made me feel like shit.

“Babe…” I whispered, nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck. “No matter what, I will still be here for you and love you. We’ll work through this together, okay?”

He simply whimpered and nodded his head, his body convulsing in sobs.

I knew he didn’t believe me. I knew that he thought I was lying to him and wasn’t comforted at all; he was too tense. So, I sat both of us up and started massaging his shoulders, singing a soft lullaby in his ear. I knew that everything would be fine sooner or later. I just knew it…
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/subscribe. Do whatever you want. It's not like I care.

Expect something from me by next Friday. Maybe earlier. I'm going to Sea World for a few days so I won't be able to update, maybe.

Honestly I just spat this chapter out here because I knew you guys wanted something and Morgan/Mary/Arael/Melissa would kill me if I didn't update. But whatever. Expect something soon.