Status: In Progress. Comment? :D

Sunflowers and Tulips

Chapter Three

James' POV

I nervously walked to the car, the tears still wet and sticky on my face. My hands were shaking, and I still couldn’t get over the feeling of devastation while he was so cold to me. It was like…he wasn’t mad for walking in on me, per say, but he was mad at what I could have seen when I walked in. He was hiding something, I knew it, but I didn’t want to rush him because what kind of a best friend would I be if I just pushed him to say something he didn't want to say.

We opened the doors and climbed into my truck, which was basically Margherita’s ride to anywhere because I was his “chauffeur”. Not that I minded; I didn’t, but it’s times like these (when he’s pissed at me) that I didn’t want to drive him around.

“Drive,” he said, looking down.

I pulled out of the “driveway” (if you could call it that), and went down the road, trying not to let my tears blur my vision. Out of the corner of my eye I saw his hand trace the hem of his shirt, shaking a little. I sighed, which caused him to jump. “Look,” I said, looking over to him briefly, “I’m sorry for barging in on you. If I-“

“No!” he exclaimed, shaking his head. “No…It’s all my fault. I lashed out at you because I thought you saw something I didn’t want you to see. Yea, I was mad at you for a second. But I realized that I could never stay mad at you. I lo-…like you too much.”

My eyes widened. Did he just almost say what I think he almost said? “Uhm…what do you mean you thought I saw something? What did I see? I only saw your back.” And your gorgeous ass….

I turned a corner and headed down the highway.

He sighed in relief, then shook his head. I could tell he was having an internal debate.

“You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. I’m here for you, and only you, man. You’re my best friend, as stupid as it sounds, and I don’t want to push you to say anything you don’t wanna say.”

Margherita nodded, his shoulders slumping down and relaxing. “Thanks…I’ll tell you when I…when I feel like it’s time.” I grunted in agreement, too lazy to talk.

“So, uh…have fun with my dad?” he asked, leaning towards me a little bit more. I swear my heart skipped a beat.

“Yea! We talked about…interesting things.”

A car cut me off while I was trying to change lanes. I honked the horn.

His head cocked to the side, clearly curious about what I talked about with Daniel. “Oh? Like what?”

Sweat started to form on my brow, and I nervously laughed, trying to make it the best situation possible. Both he and I knew that I couldn’t lie to him; we were best friends, and I honor that, as cheesy as it sounds. “Well…uh…we talked about…uh…remember that time on your tenth birthday? We were sitting at that park?”

“Yea…” he said slowly, trying to see where this was going.

I pulled off of the highway and onto the access road, hitting a stoplight.

“Well, remember that…kiss?”

His eyes widened, either in recognition or in surprise. Maybe both. “Uhm…yea…” I mentally sighed in relief. “I thought that we were never going to speak of it again…”

The light turned green, and I moved the truck forward.

“Well…-”

“LOOK OUT!” He screamed.

I looked towards him just in time to see a garbage truck ram into the side of my vehicle…then my world went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a really short chapter because I wrote this at, like, two in the morning. Anyways, I still kept my promise! I know the past two chapters are kind of bad, but just be patient with me, please?

Please comment and give me your feedback/ideas. I would love advice on how to improve this story. :))