Status: feedback people? comments, messages anything..just tell me what you think! I'm not sure if I should finish it up or add some more drama! So please, comment or something... Thx Ciiica

Love Between Lines

Chapter 13 - The Ball

Early in the afternoon you kicked Draco out of your room. Your room was the girl’s room know. You all took a shower and washed your hair. Then you did each other’s hair and make-ups.
“Tell me again, Katie. Why are you wearing that dress?” G asked.
“Because Malfoy bought me the dress I wanted. Imagine, I have to survive just one night in this dress and then I’ll have the perfect dress for the Christmas party!”
“And she wanted to make a deal with Draco, to talk to Draco etc,” Rachel said spinning around in front of a mirror.
“Shut it, Rachel,” you said trying to pull your dress a bit lower so it would at lest cover your upper thigh.
“It isn’t helping, K,” Rachel remarked. You looked into the mirror and saw that she was right. If you pulled it down so it would cover your upper thigh it revealed most of your chest.
“I’m doing this for the dress,” you repeated to yourself and checked yourself in the mirror.
“And for me,” a voice came from the doorway. You turned around and looked at Draco. He looked quite handsome but he wasn’t fully dressed yet.
“It looks good, Jacobs,” he said looking you up and down.
“What are you even doing here, Malfoy? I said that you can’t come here before the ball,” you said glaring at him through the mirror.
“I need help with something,” he said moving to the closet.
“With what?” you asked turning around.
“This,” he said showing you a tie. You chuckled.
“Don’t tell me, Malfoy, that you don’t know how to tie it up.”
“Well, I tried and it sort of doesn’t work the way I hoped,” he said looking at you smirking.
“Come here,” you said motioning for him to come to you. You stood behind him. But immediately realized you had a problem.
“Um Malfoy,” you said.
“What?” he asked looking behind his shoulder.
“I can’t reach you,” you said. Draco looked down at you and smirked.
“Well jump up then,” he said.
“What?”
“Just do it, Jacobs. Don’t forger who’s paying for your dress.”
“Fine,” you said grabbed him around the neck and wrapping your legs around his waist. He immediately grabbed you so you could tie his tie.
“What the hell are you doing?” Rachel asked closing the bathroom door behind her.
“The tie,” you said through gritted teeth.
“Oh I see,” G said coming out as well. They were both smirking.
“Oh shut it,” you said hoping off Draco’s back and landing safely on the floor. You put your heels on and smoothed down your dress.
“Let’s go,” you announced heading for the door.
“Where are you meeting James?” Rachel asked.
“In the Great Hall,” you said descending the stairs.
“Well Adrian and Blaise are waiting for us in the common room...”
“Doesn’t matter,” you said sort of disappointed. “I’ll go alone.”
“After all,” G said. “You have Draco to accompany you to the Great Hall. I don’t think he’ll mind,” she said winking at you and running to the common room before you. Draco who followed close behind offered you his arm and you took it. Everyone in the common room gasped when they saw you.
“I thought you were kidding when you said you were going Parkinson style,” Blaise said into the silence. Draco gripped your hand.
“Thanks, Blaise. That really helped,” you said not stopping and heading towards the exit of the common room.
“No, you look good, I just didn’t expect you to wear such a short dress,” Blaise defended himself.
“Well, Draco chose it for me, so...” you said smirking at Draco and dragging him out of the common room.
You and Draco stopped in the Entrance hall.
“How do I look?” you asked Draco.
“Terrible,” he replied and you glared.
“Thanks, Malfoy,” you said letting of his hand and walking towards James who stood with his back turned to you. You tapped his shoulder and he spun around.
“Hey,” you said smiling at him.
“You look really beautiful,” he said kissing your cheek.
“Thanks,” you said taking the arm which he offered. “You don’t look so bad yourself.”
You two entered the Great Hall drawing all the attention to you. James led you to the table where G, Rachel, Adrian, Blaise, Draco and Pansy sat.
“Hey guys,” you said sitting next to James. You looked around the Great hall, the music was playing nobody was dancing.
“I thought this should have been a dance,” you said.
“It is a dance. Just no one’s dancing,” Adrian said looking around as well.
“We’ll have to change that, won’t we?” you said standing up bringing James up with you as well.
“Come on, guys. Let’s show the mudbloods how to dance.”
Four Slytherin pairs came into the center of the dance floor as the band began playing a new piece, jive. You all began dancing. You danced better then James but you still had fun.
“Don’t you dance at your parents parties?” you asked as you exchanged places.
“You caught me,” he said smiling. He was really good-looking and when he smiled he looked even better. After let’s say the Slytherin solo you went to sat down. Other couples occupied the dance floor now.
“I’ll get you something to drink,” James said disappearing in the crowd.
“Care to dance?” Draco asked after a while extending his hand.
“Well since my date disappeared,” you said taking his hand. He led you towards the middle of the dance floor. The music started playing another piece, waltz. Draco took your right hand in his and put his other hand around your waist pulling you closer to him. You two began dancing. You let Draco lead you through the dance floor. He was very good dancer and you weren’t so bad yourself. You two attracted attention of the entire Great Hall. You felt like you were dreaming. Of course you danced with Draco before but you never tried to enjoy yourself. But after a few encounters with Draco and after the change of heart dancing with Draco was bliss.
“You know, I danced with you a few times, Jacobs,” Draco said pulling you even closer to him. “But you’re finally not trying to get away from me and I must say,” he stopped just to dip you back and bringing you back up. “You dance quite well,” he said almost touching your ear while saying this.
After few more dances you and Draco went back to your table. G and Adrian were probably asked by somebody to dance because Rachel and Blaise sat at the table in silence, both looking in different directions.
“Why aren’t you two dancing?” Draco asked as you came back. You widened your eyes.
‘Why did he have to ask that?!’ You had to do something.
“I think I’ll go get some drink. Are you coming, Rachel?” you asked linking arms with her and leaving two confused boys behind you.
“I thought he would ask me to dance, when we were there alone. But he just sat there doing nothing,” Rachel said as soon as you got out of earshot.
“I know, I thought so too,” you admitted.
“What should I do?” she asked looking desperate.
“I don’t know. Maybe move on?” said slowly afraid of her reaction.
“Don’t you think I tried, K?” she asked looking quite upset.
“Then I guess we’ll have to do something about, huh?”
“You have an idea?” Rachel asked her eyes brightening.
“Well, I do have an idea how to at least make Blaise dance with you,” you said.
“It’s not Imperius curse, is it?” Rachel asked a bit worried.
“No, it’s not, but now that you mention it, it is a possibility as well,” you said smirking.
“C’mon, I have to tell Draco,” you said and went back to the Great Hall. You found Draco surrounded by at least five girls.
“Malfoy,” you said load enough for all of them to hear.
“Jacobs,” he said turning around wrapping an arm around your waist.
“I need your help with something,” you whispered into his ear.
“Oh really? It’s gonna cost you, Jacobs,” Draco said smirking
“Cost me? I guess you already have something on your mind...”
“Yeah, I want a kiss. Right now, right here and then I’ll do whatever you want me to do.”
“I might just go and ask James instead,” you said turning around. However Draco put a hand on your shoulder, stopping you.
“Alright. What is it?” he asked.

You two approached Blaise and Rachel again just sitting there not talking.
“Do it, Malfoy,” you urged him as you sat down.
“Wanna dance?” Draco asked Rachel who simply nodded and let him take her hand. After a moment you let out a sigh, Blaise wasn’t definitely making this easier for you.
“So Blaise?” you began. “You’re gonna sit here all night or are you going to ask someone to dance?”
“I don’t know. Who do you think I should ask?” he said looking somewhere behind your shoulder. You followed his gaze and found out he was watching Rachel and Draco.
“Well, since we are the only ones left, I guess you could ask me,” you said.
“Why not,” he said standing up offering you his hand and you took it.
“Great,” you said afraid it won’t go according to plan; after all it was Malfoy on whom it depended on now. But Draco didn’t turn out to be very good actor. In middle of next dance he slowly approached you.
“May I cut in?” he asked still holding Rachel’s hand. Blaise just nodded and stepped away from you. Draco pushed Rachel’s hand towards him. To your relief Blaise took it and began dancing with, Rachel.
“Well done,” you whispered.
“I know,” Draco said.
“I was talking about myself not you, but I guess it wouldn’t work without you...”
Draco glared at you.
“Have you seen James?” you asked him.
“No, why?” he asked looking innocently.
“I just haven’t seen him since we danced, that’s all,” you said walking back to your table, Draco following close behind.
“Where’s Pansy anyway?” you asked. Draco didn’t reply until you looked at him.
“I don’t know. Last time I saw her she was with Goyle...”
“Goyle?” you asked disgusted.
“Yeah,” Draco said with a twinkle in his eye.
“What did you do, Malfoy?” you asked smiling.
“Nothing.”
“I’m not gonna believe that. But anyway, I’m going to my room,” you said standing up.
“You mean our room?” Draco asked.
“No, my room,” you said turning around and walking out of the Great Hall.
However in the Entrance Hall somebody stopped you.
"You're already leaving?" James asked taking your hand.
"Yeah, I'm going to my room," you said. "I'm tired," you added.
"I'll go with you," he offered and you smiled.
"If you don't mind," you said walking with him to the Slytherin common room.

You wanted to say good-bye as soon as you entered the common room. However James had other plans. He leaned in pressing his lips against yours. You put a hand on his chest to push him away. But he probably took it as a gesture of your approval and wrapped one arm around your waist. You pushed him a bit. But he held onto you and just moved towards the coach sitting you down on his lap. When he moved to your neck you could finally speak.
“Don’t! Stop!” you said trying to push him away but he ignored it and pressed his lips against yours again. He grabbed your hand and pinned them above your head and moved his other hand under you dress.
“Stop it!” you said finally in the manor which he understood. He immediately let go off you but it was too late. You looked around and found very angry looking Draco standing by the entrance to the common room. He charged at James.
“Leave her alone,” Draco said angrily.
“No, Draco! Stop it! He just...”
“Kissed you when you didn’t want him to kiss you...”
“That’s not really true,” you said standing between them.
“You wanted him to kiss you?” Draco asked sounding even angrier then before.
“No, but-“
“See,” Draco trying to get a clear shot at James. You grabbed Draco’s shoulders and pushed towards the stairs to your room.
“Calm down, Malfoy!” you ordered as you entered your room.
“Don’t boss me around, Jacobs. I was trying to help you, if you haven’t noticed.”
“Well thanks, but I didn’t need your help,” you spat back at him. This hurt Draco a lot.
“It didn’t look like you were enjoying yourself either,” taking few steps towards you.
“Just shut up, Malfoy,” you spat back at him.
“Why don’t you make me,” he said standing just inched away from you and before you knew it you pressed your lips against his in a passionate kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Long...very long...
I NEED HELP...HOW CAN I ADD PICTURES TO THE STORIES? I have chosen dresses and outfits for every chapter but I can't put them in here :(