Status: feedback people? comments, messages anything..just tell me what you think! I'm not sure if I should finish it up or add some more drama! So please, comment or something... Thx Ciiica

Love Between Lines

Chapter 15 - Christmas Party

It had been a few days since Alex returned home from the hospital so you spent most of the time admiring little William. Draco was annoyed most of the time because you didn’t spend much time with him. Soon your mother became aware of you not spending time with Draco and forced you to do so. You and Draco were outside walking around a lake on your grounds.
“I got a letter from Rachel this morning,” you said slowly.
Rachel was staying along with Blaise and Adrian at G’s place and everyone was expecting her and Blaise to get together any minute. She wrote to you, telling you that nothing has happened. She and G hang out while the boys go outside, play Quidditch or a Muggle sport that Tom has taught them, hockey.
“What does it say?” Draco asked looking uninterested.
“Nothing much. She wrote she really looked forward to your mom’s party, that she and G hang out while the boys play some Muggle sports...”
“Blaise is idiot,” Draco remarked. You stopped and looked at him.
“What do you mean?” you asked. Being the curious girl you were, you wanted to find out everything Draco knew. You were sure that Blaise had feelings for Rachel. You only wanted Draco to confirm your suspicions.
“Secret information, Jacobs,” Draco said when he saw how you were eager to know something about Blaise’s feelings.
“Come on, Malfoy. Tell me,” you said taking few steps towards him so you were within his arm reach.
“It’s gonna cost you, Jacobs,” he said pulling you into him. You frowned and looked up at him.
“And what exactly do you want from me, Malfoy?” you whispered into his ear. He ran his hand up and down your back. You shivered at his touch.
“I think you can guess,” Draco replied before pressing his lips against yours in a passionate and rough kiss. You pulled away just few centimeters away from his lips.
“Now tell me, Draco,” you whispered. Draco put his hand on your cheek.
“He likes her,” he said bending down again to give you another kiss. You pulled away.
“And?” you asked. You wanted to know everything. Once you did, it was safe to talk to Rachel or Blaise.
“He wanted to get together with her...” Draco said before he began kissing your neck.
“...at the Christmas ball at Hogwarts,” he finished. You stood on your tip toes and kissed him again. You pulled away, turned on your heel and ran toward your house.
“Jacobs! Wait! Where do you think you’re going?!” Draco yelled after you but you didn’t turn back. You ran into the house, to your room and immediately wrote letter to G and Rachel to tell them to come to your house so you could get ready.

Right before lunch both Rachel and G came over. Your parents were glad to have some company. Alex and Charles left for their own house and your parents were a bit lonely, because you spent most of your time with Draco. You all sat in a dining room having lunch. Your father sat in the front, your mother on his right, you in Alex’s place on his left, Draco in Charles’s place next to you and Rachel and G next to your mother. So no one could see that once Draco finished his soup he placed his hand on your thigh and began to stroke it, up and down. You glared at him, took his hand in your and put it on his lap. Draco looked at you one eyebrow raised and smirked. You stuck out your tongue at him.
“Catherine!” your father warned you, but he was smiling.
“Sorry, dad,” you said giving him a bright smile. The house-elves served another course after which you excused yourself and went up to your room. Rachel and G joined you and soon you were all lying on your bed painting your nails.
“So Draco’s staying at your place this Christmas?” G asked indifferently. You and Rachel knew better. G used to like Draco, but Draco didn’t like her back and never really found out. He noticed that she was a little weird when she was with him but that was very much it.
“Yeah, his mother is busy with preparing the ball,” you said being a bit uncomfortable. During all those times you and Draco fooled around you never remembered G. You were afraid that if she ever found out, she’d stop talking to you or at least be mad at you.
“Rachel, I have to tell you something,” you said trying to get you all in a better mood.
“What?” she asked.
“I talked to Malfoy this morning and he told me something you might be interested in,” you trailed off and winked at G.
“Well, what is it, Kate? Tell me,” Rachel said finally looking up from her toe nails.
“Blaise is interested in this girl...” Rachel looked around your room and tried her best not to show disappointment.
“And I’m interested because?” she asked trying to make it sound as though it was a normal conversation.
“You know her,” you teased. Rachel however didn’t seem to like your game.
“Who is it, Katie?” she asked.
“Well, you,” you replied smiling at her. G laughed.
“You’re such a tease,” she said laughing. Rachel started to laugh as well, but it was a bit more hysterical...
“So, are going to ask him out tonight?” G asked Rachel.
“Me? Of course not, I’ll wait for him to ask me...”
“That could take forever,” G pointed out.
“Well, if he likes me, I’m willing to wait,” Rachel said smiling as you laughed.
“We better get ready, girls. We have two hours left.”
Two hours later you, your friends and parents apparated to the Malfoy Mannor. Narcissa and Draco greeted you at the front door.
“Catherine, you’ve grown so much since I last saw you!” Narcissa squealed hugging you.
“You look beautiful,” she added once she let go.
“So do you, Narcissa,” you said smiling. You never really liked her but didn’t have a reason to dislike her.
“Your dress, it’s so beautiful. It’s Valentino, isn’t it?” she said looking you up and down.
“Yes, it is. Actually, it’s an early Christmas present from Draco,” you said smirking at him.
“Oh, really? Draco does have very good fashion sense, doesn’t he? Well, hope you have fun tonight,” she said and continued talking with your mother. Draco offered you his arm and you gratefully took it. You never really got used to walking in heels.
“I love the way she always doesn’t notice us,” G remarked. You laughed.
“Well at least you aren’t under the careful watch of her and your mothers,” you replied.
“That dress actually looks quite good on you,” Draco finally joined the conversation.
“Of course it looks good on me, Malfoy. Everything looks good on me!”
“And you tell me I have a big ego...” Draco mumbled.
“Malfoy!” you warned.
“What?” he asked innocently.
“Nothing.” Draco pulled you to the dance floor as a new piece began playing, waltz. Draco could dance perfectly and you weren’t too bad yourself because your mother paid you lessons and forced you to attend them. But in the end you were quite grateful; at least you didn’t have to sit at formal parties like this one. After few more song you pulled Draco to the bar and ordered a drink. When you got your drinks you went to find an empty table. You walked through the whole ball room and never found more then one chair free. You sighed. Your heels were killing you, after all you and Draco danced for almost an hour.
“Come on,” Draco said grabbing your hand and leading you out. He led you to one of the salons and opened the door which led outside.
“You’re not really serious, are you Draco?” you asked. Looking at the snow outside and on your satin heels.
“Why the not?” he asked absolutely not caring about your clothes and shoes.
“My shoes and dress!” you said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. You got your dream Valentino dress and Draco was now expecting you to ruin them in the snow...
“I’ll buy you another one,” Draco said carelessly and tugged on your hand. You glared at him.
“Malfoy, I wanted this dress every since I saw them on the fashion show. I want another dress but I’m definitely not ruining this one! I adore them! I’ll get married in them!” That got Draco’s attention. He looked at you and began laughing.
“What?” you asked angrily.
“Nothing,” he managed to say before he burst out laughing again.
“Malfoy, if you don’t stop-“
“Alright, but that was the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard you say and believe me, I’ve heard a lot from you!”
“What do you mean? This dress is perfect!”
“Well whatever, you look good in them but it’s just dress.”
Your eyes widened.
“Just dress? They could have heard you!” you said hugging your arms around your body.
“Where do you wanna go anyway?” you asked not wanting him to laugh at you again even though you yourself had to admit you acted like an idiot.
“I want to show you something,” he said. You could see you were unsure. You wanted to go with Draco but you weren’t really sure if it was worth destroying your dress.
“Oh come on, Jacobs. I’ll carry you if I have to...”
“For the first time in my life I must admit you sometimes have good ideas,” you said winking at him. Draco put his glass on a table and bent down.
“Hop on,” he said preparing to catch you.
“That’s not gonna work, Malfoy, my dress are too tight.” He sighed and scooped you up into his arms. You held tightly onto his neck. He carried you through the rose garden, around the mermaid fountain to a small white-marble arbor. He sat you down and sat down next to you.
“What did you bring me here for?” you asked looking at him.
“That,” he said pointing behind you. You slipped out of your heels, put your legs on the bench you were sitting on and turned around. You saw a small lake in the middle of the park; the stars above it were shinning brightly and reflected on the surface of the lake.
“Wow,” you said looking at all the beauty around you.
“How come you never took me here when we were little?” you asked him after a while.
“We weren’t allowed to leave the garden, remember?” Draco asked. That was true. Everytime you were at the Malfoy Mannor there was only a part of the house and the garden to which you could go. The Malfoy Mannor and its ground were enormous so two kids like you and Draco could get lost in there.
“True, I almost forgot about all those days spent here...” you said leaning against Draco. Draco didn’t reply. He was quiet and you understood why. There were many days of pure happiness back there but also sad memories, especially that one when your parents made you leave. As it was quiet you thought about many things and also realized you were cold. More like freezing. You began shaking.
“Let’s go back,” Draco suggested and lifted you up again. He didn’t day a word during your way back; he didn’t even look at you. Thinking about your youth wasn’t probably the best idea. You began to understand that Draco never got over it.
Once he brought you back to the salon, Draco left without saying a word. After a minute you decided to go after him. He wasn’t in the ball room, not in his room, kitchen or anywhere. After half an hour you gave up. You were really sad about what happened between you and Draco. You never wanted to hurt him and you guessed that bringing old memories up actually really hurt him. You went over to the bar and got yourself a drink. Tonight wasn’t the best night of your life as you assumed it would me.
“Vodka with Martini,” you heard a familiar voice say. You spun around. Draco stood behind you. He looked unsure. For a moment he looked like he was going to turn around and walk away but then he just smirked and stayed.
“I want to talk to you,” you said grabbing his hand. He looked down at you. There was something in his eyes, something you didn’t understand.
“Let’s dance,” Draco said grabbing your hand and putting his other hand on your waist. It was blues so you and Draco slowly moved across the dance floor. Sometimes he spun you around and most of the time he just held you.
“I’m sorry, I brought it up,” you said softly.
“It doesn’t matter,” Draco said spinning you around twice. “I should have forgotten about it,” he added as he held you close once more. You didn’t know what to say, so you just let him lead you.
“The year after you left was terrible,” Draco said slowly. “I was so happy to go to Hogwarts because I knew you’d be there too. But then when I saw you, it hurt me so much. You didn’t even notice me standing there.”
“Oh, Draco,” you whispered and he pulled you closer. Then he smirked. You raised your eyebrow at him.
“Sudden change of mind?” you asked.
“Nope. I just remembered, when I saw you at the Yule Ball with Bletchley, I was so jealous. I wished it was me you made out with, with who you went upstairs...”
“Do you even know how long I wanted you? How long I wanted to have you again? To kiss you? To fu*ck you?”
“Dream on, Malfoy,” you said when you saw the expression on his face as he said the word fu*ck. He spun you around and pulled you into him so your bodies were touching.
“Somehow, Jacobs,” he said spinning you around once more.
“Dreaming isn’t enough,” he ended as he pressed his lips forcefully against yours.

Before you knew it you were in Draco’s room. He held you tightly and didn’t let your lips leave his for more then few seconds. He let his hand wonder down your body in search of the zipper of your dress.
“Draco,” you whispered as you undid his tie and moved your hand to his shirt. He moved his lips to your neck and sucked on it. It tickled and you couldn’t help but smile. You played with his belt buckle and eventually slid his pants off. He played with your dress and then let them fall. He looked at your uncovered body smirking.
“Like what you see?” you asked winking.
“Damn, I do!” he said and pushed you down onto his bed.
“So eager, Malfoy?” you asked as he kissed down your neck and moved to your breasts. You moaned and pulled him up to you.
There was nothing that could make you let each other go anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it...