Status: feedback people? comments, messages anything..just tell me what you think! I'm not sure if I should finish it up or add some more drama! So please, comment or something... Thx Ciiica

Love Between Lines

Chapter 17 - James Martin

It was 10 days since the New Year’s Eve party and 9 days since you and Draco returned to Hogwarts. You and Draco hadn’t talked since the party. You wanted to be friends with him or at least be decent with him but you had no luck. Actually you had no other choice. It was hard for you to watch him with all those girls all over him.
It was weird but the person who helped you the most was G’s cousin James. He was with you when you felt alone and was always there to distract you when you saw Draco with someone else...
It was Friday afternoon and you and James sat in the common room. Rachel was outside with Blaise, G was surprisingly doing her homework and Draco. Well you didn’t know were he was but you could easily guess. He was somewhere with some girl making out or having sex.
“How can you say Wood is a good player? He was Gryffindor!” James argued.
“Come on, he’s hot! And you can’t deny he’s a good Quidditch player...”
“He is quite good but there are better players,” James said not giving up.
“Who?” you shot back.
“What about Krum?” James suggested.
“He’s a seeker and he’s not English!”
“Alright, alright, I give up,” James said laughing. You laughed too.
“You better,” I said giving him one-arm hug. He put his arms around your waist and then began tickling you. Soon you were squirming on the couch with James ontop of you, laughing.
“Stop,” you managed to say between laughs. He kept on tickling you.
“James! Enough!” he finally stopped tickling you but didn’t get off. You stared into each other’s eyes for a moment before he crashed his lips against yours. You didn’t kiss back, you just couldn’t. When he kissed you, you thought about Draco and how his kisses felt. They felt so much better than James’s did.
You put your hands on his shoulders and pushed him away.
Immediately you regretted doing it.
James looked at you with hurt eyes.
“I guess you’re still not over him, huh K?” he asked getting off you and sitting next to you. You sat up as well and looked down.
“I don’t know. I mean I’d like to forget about him but I just can’t do it in a few days...” you trailed off.
“I know. I’m sorry,” he said looking down too.
“No, don’t be. It’s just...”
James hugged you and held you close. You pulled yourself even closer to him by wrapping your arms around his neck. After a while you pulled away.
“It’s probably not the best time to ask you that but do you think, if we’re going to take it slow, you would like to be my girlfriend?” he asked, nervous.
You thought for a moment and decided it was time for right decision.
“I’d love to,” you said leaning close to him and pecking his lips.
“That’s great,” he replied pulling you close. You smiled and looked at your watch.
“Oh gosh, I got to go, I have prefect duties,” you said pecking him once again and leaving the common room.
You patrolled your assigned corridors. It was getting late but you didn’t feel like going to your room. While walking through the halls you at least had time to think...
Your quiet time was disturbed by none other than Draco Malfoy.
“How can you date such a pathetic git like Martin?” he asked.
“James is a great guy. I’ve dated a pathetic git just once and it was this Christmas...”
“I wasn’t a pathetic git, you were a cheating bit*ch!”
“I don’t know who slept with someone just after we broke up!”
“You kissed your best friend’s boyfriend!” he accused.
“We were both drunk!” you said taking a step closer to him.
“And you still owe me,” Draco said smirking.
“For what?” you replied sharply.
“For not telling Rachel” he said obviously very proud on what he had just said.
“I’m not going to discuss this with you!” you said turning around and heading back to the common room.
“One day you’ll have to,” Draco called after you.

You laid down on your bed and turned around so you weren’t facing the door. You didn’t want to see Draco when he came back.
However you couldn’t fall asleep. You were turning around in your bed for hours and then you saw Draco walk in. You quickly shut your eyes and pretended to be asleep waiting for him to go to bed.
But he didn’t. You thought your heart was going to burst when you felt him sit down on the bed next to you.
You flinched when you felt him move your hair out of your face.
“Why are you so beautiful, huh?” he said stroking your hair.
“Do you even know you hurt me? How could you kiss my best friend?” he continued.
You were shaking from head to toes. Suddenly you knew you didn’t make a good decision when you agreed to date James. You still had feelings for Draco and now you kind of hoped he returned them.
You felt Draco kiss your cheek and shivered.
“You’re not that good actress, Kat,” he said putting his hand on your cheek.
“You knew I was awake?” you asked angrily.
“Well not at first but long enough,” he said smirking. You grimaced and glared at him.
“Friends?” he asked.
“Friends,” you replied wrapping your arms around him.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a very new chapter...;)