Status: Completed

Ever After Never Came

You Sound Guilty 'Cuz You're Stutterin'

“Seriously, Abby, can you stop moping around?” Jack snapped.

I was sitting at the merch booth a few hours before All Time Low’s first show in Phoenix. Jack had been avoiding me all morning and only now had given me the time of day. He sat next me in the hard folding chair that Vinny had occupied only minutes before.

I ignored him and said nothing, opting instead to re-fold the t-shirts I’d taken out. Zack and Rian had been hanging out with me as much as possible just so that I wouldn’t think about the fact that we were in Phoenix and that Jack may or may not be meeting someone later. But they could only babysit me for so long, and so now I was faced not only with my thoughts, but also with the very reason for my thoughts.

“So now you’re not going to talk to me?” Jack asked, annoyed.

I swallowed and stared at the t-shirt in my hands. It was similar to the one Jack had given me when they first started selling merchandise. Vintage All Time Low, if you will. I smiled slightly at the memory.

“Abigail, you’re being childish,” Jack muttered.

“You’re the one who avoided me all day,” I replied, taking another shirt.

“Yeah, well I didn’t feel like dealing with your PMS,” Jack snapped back.

“My PMS? Are you fricken kidding me?” I threw the shirt at him. “I’m not PMSing. I’m pissed off at you because you’ve been acting shady.”

Jack stifled a laugh. “Shady? You really say that?”

I glared at him. Now was not the time for jokes.

“Fine, sorry. But I’m not trying to act shady,” Jack said. “You don’t trust me do you?”

“Honestly? No. You’ve been acting so different, Jack. The late night phone calls, your refusal to tell me who you’re talking to, the constant texting, they all make me feel like you’ve got someone else,” I paused. “And it scares me because I love you. It hurts to think you don’t love me enough.”

Jack sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. “Abby, I’m not cheating on you.”

“Then why don’t I believe you?” I asked sadly.

“What would make you believe me, huh?” Jack asked desperately. “You know what? Forget it.” He stomped off, his phone on the chair he’d been sitting in. I wasn’t usually nosey, and didn’t really think I should ever look through my boyfriend’s phone, so I immediately went to call Jack back when I had a bit of an epiphany. I grabbed his phone and pulled his phone under the table, afraid someone would see me and how low I was stooping.

I scrolled through his messages, not being particularly nosey and simply reading the contacts name; Mayday, Sexy Lexy, Zack Attack, Rian, Kara D, Lexy’s Main Squeeze, and My Lover. I smiled at the names he’d put into his contacts, especially mine. Then my breath caught in my throat as his phone vibrated in my hand.

One New Message from: Hannah A

I shut my eyes, contemplating between either confronting him or reading what the message said. Of course, my finger hit the read button and the message popped up.

Don’t forget. 2nite @ Windemere. :).

“Wow,” I muttered. I texted Vinny and asked him to cover the booth as soon as possible for me. I waited impatiently, drumming my fingers against the table. Vinny soon appeared, apologetic for making me wait. I nodded and walked off, not in the mood to chit chat. Of course, as I was making my way to Jack, I ran into a girl and fell flat on my ass.

“I’m so sorry,” I apologized, grabbing Jack’s phone and helping the girl up. “Are you okay?”

She nodded, dusting off her pants. “Yeah I’m fine.” She looked up at me, a look of recognition passing her face. “You’re Abigail Stone.”

I tried to smile as I nodded. “Yes, I am. What’s your name?”

“I’m Neda,” she replied. “Can I have a picture with you?”

“Nice to meet you, and sure.” I smiled as she handed me the camera seeing as my arms where longer than hers. We both stood close to each other and posed for the camera. It flashed momentarily blinding me and I handed it back to Neda.

“Thanks.” She stood there for a moment, almost like she had something more to say. “Is it true you’re from New Mexico, because you don’t look Mexican?”

I couldn’t help but laugh. “Uh, no I’m from Maryland, not from New Mexico, but what does that have to do with being Mexican?”

“Well because it’s New Mexico…” Neda trailed off. “Wait, where is New Mexico?”

I bit my lip to keep from laughing harder. “In the United States.”

Neda’s face flushed red, and she smiled sheepishly. “Oops, I always do that.”

“It’s okay, I probably would’ve done the same thing,” I assured her. “I have to get going, so enjoy the show later and have fun. Visit me at the merch booth later.”

Neda waved as I walked into the Mesa Amphitheater to the lobby leading to the rooms that All Time Low had turned into their dressing room.

I found Jack and Alex messing around, throwing water bottles at each other. Rian was staring at his phone, probably texting Kara, and Zack was doing pushups on one side of the room. I pulled Jack’s phone from my back pocket as I walked to Jack.

“Here, Jack. Hannah texted you about meeting her tonight,” I spat. Jack looked at me in mild shock before he took his phone.

“W-what?”

“Hannah texted you,” I reiterated. “Thanks for being a good boyfriend. Glad to know that you’re meeting sluts on the side.” I turned on my heel and all but ran to the busses.

“Abby, wait,” Jack called after me. I heard his footsteps behind me, getting closer thanks to those long legs of his.

“No, get away from me!” I yelled. I almost made it to the bus door when arms wrapped around my waist and picked me up from behind. “No, stop it, get away damn it!”

I tried to fight him off, but he held me closer. I burst into tears from the frustration. Jack hugged m, pulling me to the floor, trying to calm me down. “Abby, please let me explain.”

I pushed him away from me. “No, there’s nothing to explain. Just go do your thing and go meet up with Hannah.”

I ran up the bus steps and flung myself into the shared bunk, pulling the curtain shut.

“Abby, please,” Jack said through the curtain.

“Just leave me alone, Jack. I don’t want to talk to you right now,” I snapped. I heard Jack sigh and his footsteps growing softer as he walked away. I curled up in the sheets, hoping to cry myself to sleep. Of course, my mind wasn’t kind enough to shut down.

~*~*~*~*~

Jack:

I sighed as I walked away from the bunks. I could hear Abby crying and honestly, it was breaking my heart. I looked at the text message Hannah. I closed my eyes, regretting ever having messed around with Hannah Addams.

It was after a show one night a few months ago. Hannah had scored a backstage pass and was at our meet and greet. I recognized her from my visits to the college. After the meet and greet, the boys and I went out to drink and low and behold there was Hannah. I ignored her for the most part, until about my seventh drink. Things started getting hazy and I let my guard down. Before I knew it, we were dancing and drinking even more. Those were the pictures Abby saw.

After that I couldn’t remember what happened, but I woke up the next morning hung over, naked and in bed with Hannah. I freaked out and when Hannah woke up, I payed her to stay quiet.

But apparently, that wasn’t enough. She got a hold of my cell number and called or texted constantly. I ignored her until she started sending pictures. Not just pictures, but racy pictures. The kind that I’m ashamed to say I stared at for awhile before deleting them. I should’ve known that Abby would find out about it, but I’d hoped and prayed she wouldn’t. Other than the one night, I never slept with her or met up with her again. Tonight would be the exception. But it wasn’t for what you’d think. She’d finally gotten the point and decided to make a deal.

I’d have to pay her even more money to keep her quiet. So tonight I was going to cut all ties with her and hopefully get her off my back. I was pretty sure she wanted more, but I’d screwed up enough already.

Then Abby had to find out. I hated myself for hurting her, but what else was I supposed to do? If I’d told her, she’d have left me. I love her, so much. But I screwed up, and now everything was spiraling out of control.

I pulled a piece of paper and a pen as I sat in the small table of the bus. I managed to scribble out a note for Abby before Alex came looking for me.

“Hey man, uh it’s time for sound check,” he said awkwardly.

“I’ll be out in a minute,” I nodded. I folded the piece of paper, walked to our bunk and opened the curtain a little. Abby’s blue eyes stared up at me, glossy and red ringed from crying.

“I- I wrote you something. I know it’s not enough, but I swear it’s the truth. I’m so sorry,” I told her, holding the note to her.

She didn’t say anything or make any move to grab the paper so I laid it next to her. “I have to go to sound check; I’ll tell Vinny you’re not feeling well.”

She ignored me again, turning over so her back was to me. I sighed and kissed the back of her head, whispering, “I love you,” before I left.

I really did love her.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Abby:

It broke my heart to hear him whisper those three little words. I waited until his footsteps faded away before turning back over and staring at the piece of paper sloppily folded. I sniffled and reached for it, curiosity taking its toll.

Abs, I seriously want to explain everything to you. I love you more than anything else. I’m so sorry. Please just let me explain. It was such a stupid mistake. Please, just give me a chance to tell you the truth. I love you.
-Jack


I crumpled the note before turning over and trying to sleep again. What the hell was I going to do now?
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to one devoted, amazing person: Neda!

I want to thank everyone for all the lovely comments. You are the bomb!

So what'd you guys think? Also, no awesome new banner because my photoshop is not installed, but just you wait I have some awesome ones in the works once I get the program. So for now... this will have to do.

Comments = Love. Please, please, please with a cherry on top!