Status: Finished!

Always and Forever

Chapter Four

It had been three months since we moved back to Finchley. Everything was going great, better than great really. Susan and I were closer than ever. Even Peter and I had yet to get into a fight, and getting along great as well. Though I did notice he was still as bossy as ever, especially toward Edmund. The only bad thing was the bombings have started here. It seemed that Mom and Helen were always alert and ready for anything at any moment. They had Peter, Edmund, and Michael make the shelter, while Susan, Lydia, and I gathered all the supplies including: food, blankets, etc. to put in the shelter. The shelter was finally finished including three rooms: two bedrooms and a kitchen type thing/dining room/ living room in the middle.
We just had dinner and Susan and I put Lucy and Courtney to bed. Our moms were in the kitchen talking while drinking tea. I had no idea where Lydia and Edmund were, so Susan and I joined Peter and Mike in the living room.

“They asleep?” Michael asked when we walked into the room. I nodded and said, “Yup”. Susan sat next to Michael which left me to sit next to Peter on the small couch, when I mean small, I mean it, it’s more like a really big seat to me. Anyway, I glared at her slightly but, couldn’t help but blush slightly. Susan merely shrugged but smirked when she saw my blush. We talked for hours, or at least that’s what it felt like. Susan eventually started reading, which left me to stare at the fire when Michael and Peter started talking sports. Eventually my eyes started to close, I tried to fight it but soon gave up letting sleep take over me.

Peter’s POV:

Michael and I were talking sports when I felt something slump against my shoulder. I turn my head to see Sarah asleep on my shoulder. I shifted my position into something more comfortable for her. I continue to look at her for another minute. Her eyelids blocking everything from her piercing blue eyes. Her long eyelashes brushing against her pale skin, and her lips were parted slightly, ‘she looks so peaceful in her sleep...' I thought to myself while tucking a peice of her crly golden blonde hair behind her ear. I hear someone starting to laugh, and I snap my head in that direction only to see Michael laughing, and Susan chuckling at me slightly.

“Oh shut it!” I said while throwing a pillow at them, trying not to wake Sarah. “You’ll wake her up” i snapped.

"Dude, you totally fancy my sister don't you?!" Michael asked laughliy, but there was still the over protective brother look in his eyes.

"I don't-" I started but was cut off by a loud siren screaking through the house.

Sarah’s POV:

I heard a loud noise go off. My eyes flew open recognizing it, and quickly got up from my comfortable position, and bolted up the stairs with Susan hot on my heels. “Children!” I heard Helen yell frantically, “go to the shelter!!!” she continued. I grabbed a crying Courtney and cradled her into my body. I followed Susan who was carrying Lucy. When I got down stairs Mom took Courtney from me and followed me out the door. I sprint into the shelter and turn around to see that everyone is safe and in the shelter. I let out the breathe I was holding in until, Edmund says, “Dad!” suddenly and sprints out of the shelter.

“Edmund!” Peter yells after him and runs after him as well.

“Peter!” I call after him, I try to run after him but I feel strong arms wrap around my waist. I turn to see Michael holding me back with a sad look on his face. Not long after I hear a bomb go off not far from us or the house. I could feel my heart stop in my chest and my stomach drop.

“Get off!” I scream at Michael, and squirmed out of his grip. I heared my name being called by multiple people but I ignored them and sprinted toward the house. I look around with tears in my eyes that threatened to spill. “Peter! Peter!” I yelled with pure panic in my voice. “Peter!” I scream again losing hope. I hear coughing up ahead of me and to my right. I run towards where I heard the coughing to see Peter and Edmund running out of the house dirty and cut up.

“Peter! Edmund!” I yell in relief. I run towards them and tackle Peter in a tight hug. Peter hugs me back, but says, “Come on! We need to get to the shelter! It’s not safe out here!”I nodded and felt Peter grab my hand, I felt sparks fly threw my hand but ignore it, and grab Edmund, making sure he couldn't take a run for it again. I ran after Peter who still was holding my hand, Peter pushed Edmund and I in before him, he locked the door and spun around glaring at Edmund.

“Why can’t you care about anyone but yourself? You could have gotten us killed or even Sarah killed!” Peter yelled.

“What do you care? You’re not my Dad!” Edmund yelled back at his face. I knew Peter was taking his father’s leaving hard. Harder then Edmund he just wasn’t showing it as much as Edmund, he was tryign to stay strong fo his family.

Edmund stomped out of the room, with Lydia following him. Susan followed them while snapping a, “Good job!” sarcastically to Peter. Mom, Helen, Lucy and Courtney all left to go to sleep, which left Peter and I by ourselves. Peter continued to stare in front of him with a blank expression on his face.

“Peter?” I asked worriedly while walking up to him. When Peter didn’t answer I asked again,

“Peter?” Peter looked at me but looked away quickly not being able to keep eye contact with me. “Hey, look at me….” I said soothingly. I put my hand on his check and turned his head to look at me. “You did a brave thing. Edmund probably wouldn’t be here if you didn’t go out and get him” I continued. Peter nodded, but still showed no emotion. I hugged him while putting my head on his chest, and felt Peter hug back and bury his head in my hair. It felt so right being in Peter’s arms, I wanted to stay like this forever. I have never felt so safe in my life, then being in Peter’s arms. I knew I could trust him with my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I told you id put alot of Peter in this post! haha hope you enjoyed
Thanks
Sam
**banners, messages, comments and subscriptions a must!