Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

I'm Not In Love.

It seemed that time flew by, it was unreal how it was now mid-November when it felt like it was just the first day of school.

For Lanie and Jake, the work load was close to unbearable. They had so much homework nightly that it was almost impossible to keep up with but they managed to at least get by. The easiest class Lanie found was Anatomy. Mr. Gaskarth was a very nice guy, and was so close to most of the class's age that he could relate to most of the students and knew how to connect to them and not bore them.

"Dissecting! Who's excited?" Mr. Gaskarth clapped his hands together excitedly, grinning at the class while half of them, mostly the girls, groaned.

"What are we dissecting, Mr. G?" One of the guys near the back called out, making people nod, also curious.

"Just a frog." Lanie laughed at Jake as he grimaced. He hated dissecting things. "I know, we're in anatomy and should study the human body but there are a ton of extra frogs left over from biology's dissection so I thought we could have some fun instead of doing work from the book. So, I will bring you your frog. Lanie, would you mind passing out the tools?" Mr. Gaskarth was always calling on Lanie to help him. She always passes out papers and has even helped him grade some work before.

Lanie passes it off as because she's sitting in front but Jake is adamant on his whole 'Mr. Gaskarth likes you.' thought.

"He never asks me to do anything." At this Lanie would roll her eyes at Jake.

"It's because you suck." And the conversation would end there.

"Do we have to do this, Mr. Gaskarth?" A preppy cheerleader named Alissa pleaded from her table in the back as Mr. Gaskarth put the frog her and her partner, another cheerleader named Carissa, were to dissect.

"Yes, if you want a grade, you will." He answered her, moving on to give another table their specimen.

"This is so gross, Mr. Gaskarth." Jake whimpered as Lanie took her seat beside him after finishing up passing the tools to the tables.

"It's not that bad, Jake. Be a man." Lanie spoke, shoving him lightly while emitting a small laugh. Mr. Gaskarth resumed his place in front of the class, smiling at Jake and Lanie.

"There are instructions on the board of what you are supposed to do. It's simple enough. Get started." There was a rustling as people got started, opening their tool kits.

"I so do not want to do this." Jake whined. Lanie rolled her eyes and got started on the frog. It wasn't the most fun thing to do, but it wasn't all that bad. It would have been better if Jake would help a little.

"Jake, will you just like hold it open for a second, please? I need to pin it down, I can't do it myself." Jake shook his head, his chair turned away from her, his hand over his mouth and nose, blocking out the smell of the dead frog.

"I am not touching that thing at all." Lanie groaned and reached for the pins while holding down the sides of the frog she had just cut, finding that it was not an easy task.

"Need some help?" Lanie looked up to see Mr. Gaskarth standing in front of her desk, smiling down at her.

"Yes, please. This is where having a gay lab partner show's its downfalls." Mr. Gaskarth laughed and took the pins from the tool kit and pinned down the sides of the skin like Lanie had been trying to do. "Thank you."

"Of course, it's the least I could do, with all the help you do for me." Lanie blushed and shrugged.

"It's not that much." Mr. Gaskarth smiled and looked down at the now wide open frog.

For the next few minutes the two of them looked around the inside of the frog, poking at things and just having some fun while Jake continued to lean away from them, staring at them in pure disgust.

"How could you just touch it as if it was nothing? That's so gross." Lanie laughed as her and Jake ventured down the crowded halls, being jostled to and fro by passing students in a rush to get to their next class.

"It was just a dead frog, pansy. Grow some balls."

"Hello, gay guy here. I don't need balls when I have a-"

"Don't care!" Lanie cut him off, making them both break into laughter as they reached their next class, band.

"Oh, you know you love my sex stories." Lanie fake gagged. "So that grosses you out but a dead cut open frog doesn't?! It's because you and Mr. Gaskarth were dissecting it together, right? You liiike him." He sang, smirking at her, getting an eye roll in return.

"You're a dork."

"At least I don't have a crush on a teacher." Lanie stared at him. "Okay... I do.. but... whatever."