Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

We Could Leave This World.

"Babe, just hand it to me before I fall." The teen let out a small giggle before reaching up to place the strand of multi-colored lights into her boyfriends hand. "Thank you." Alex smiled down at Lanie before hanging the lights up on the nails he had previously hung up.

"I want cookies. We should go make the cookies now." Lanie spoke as Alex folded up the ladder he had been standing on and leaned it up against the house before taking Lanie's cold fingers in his own, pulling her into the house.

"Yeah, we can start the cookies now."

"Yay!" And now it was Lanie pulling Alex by the hand as they made their way into the kitchen.

Lanie eagerly pulled out the needed ingredients to make some sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies.

"I think you're excited." Alex said as he turned on the oven.

"I am. Making cookies has always been one of my favorite parts of the holidays. My mom used to spend hours and hours making every kind of treat you can imagine. The house always smelled so good." She spoke softly, a small smile on her lips as she thought of her deceased mother.

Alex, not wanting her to cry, puled her to him and kissed her lips. He felt her smile against his lips, wrapping her arms around his neck, pressing every inch of her that she could against his body. He slid his hands down from her back to her waist, creeping lower still.

Their lips slid together as their tongues got involved, engaging them both in a heated battle that was making their breaths get heavier as the seconds passed.

He took a few steps forward, making her stumble back a little but their lips never detaching from one another as he pressed her up against the counter, the cookies being long forgotten.

His lips left hers, but they just attached to her cheek, moving down her jaw and to the soft skin of he neck. She was in pure ecstasy from the feeling of his lips working against her neck. Neither of them thought about the fact that he was leaving a mark, they were just so lost in each other, nothing else mattered.

"Alex." Lanie whispered, turning her head, giving him more access to her soft skin. Her hands went up to get lost in his dark brown hair, her eyes sliding shut.

"Fuck, Lanie. I love you." he said, pulling back from her neck to look into her eyes as they slowly opened them back up. Sh moved her hand from his hair to his stubble covered cheek and smiled.

"I love you too." He grinned at her and reconnected their lips again.

"Hey now! Not in the kitchen!" The couple jumped away from each other and turned to see Rian and Kara standing in the doorway. They heard more voices in the living room, Zack and Jack, arguing over who had control of the remote.

Alex sighed angrily and leaned against the counter beside Lanie, wrapping his arm around her waist, pulling her against him.

"Do you guys not have a house of your own to go to? Me and Lanie were in the middle of something." Rian smirked and looked at the table where the forgotten cookie ingredients lay.

"Yeah, we noticed. Doesn't look like you got too much done though so we can help now!" Alex began to answer but Lanie cut him off.

"That would be great!" Alex groaned and let go of her waist as she went back to the table. "Let's bake!" Just a little while later, there was two large plates of cookies placed on the table.

"These are so good!" Jack exclaimed as he bit into a cookie. He and Zack had ventured into the kitchen a little while before, investigating the delicious scent.

"They were my mom's recipe." Lanie spoke softly, smiling around at everyone in the room. It it her then that even though she would be spending the holidays with people she loved, it still just didn't feel right, like something was missing. "Excuse me." She left the room with her head down, hoping that no one saw the tears welling up in her eyes.

"I'll be right back." Alex spoke, rushing after her. He followed her down the hall and into his bedroom. "Babe," She fell onto the bed and buried her face into his pillow and began to fully cry and sob. "Come on, baby. Don't cry." He sat down beside where she was laying, pulling her up and into his chest.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to cry so much, It's just..." She broke off in a hiccup.

"The holidays are hard, especially the first one without them." She nodded into his shoulder, clutching his shirt in her fists, pulling him close to her. "I'm always here for you, baby, no matter what. Even when you go to a new family, I will forever be just a phone call away or a car ride away. I don't care if its 3 in the morning, if you find yourself waking up in tears, or something like that, I want you to call me or come here. You aren't alone." She lifted her head and gave him a soft watery smile.

"Thank you." He smiled back and leaned forward to kiss her forehead gently.

"Do you want me to make everyone leave?" He asked her after a few moments of silence, the two of them just staring into the others face.

"I think I want to take a nap. You go and hang out with them, I'll be up in a while, and then we can all decorate the tree and everything," He nodded and kissed her lips softly.

"Okay, come on out when you're ready."

"Okay." She settled back on the pillows as he stood up from the bed and made his way towards the door. "Alex?" She called softly, making him turn, his hand on the doorknob.

"Yes, babe?"

"Thank you, for everything." He stared at her blankly for a few seconds before breaking into a grin.

"Of course baby, now sleep." They exchanged another smile before he left the room, leaving her to fall asleep in his soft and warm bed, his scent wrapped around her, comforting her.

"How is she?" Kara asked when he walked into the living room where they were all sitting.

"She's fine. She's going to take a nap and then come out here and we can all decorate the tree." Alex tried to smile but now that he didn't have to pretend to be strong in front of Lanie, it was harder to smile. Seeing Lanie so broken like this was so hard on him.

"We should give you two some time alone." Zack said, standing up from the couch.

"Yeah, you two need to just be together and relax." Kara spoke, making Rian nod.

"Call me later, bro." Jack said as he walked past Alex on his way to the door.

"Bye." Kara said as they all left, shutting the front door after them, leaving the house in silence. Alex stood in the middle of his living room, alone, for a few seconds before making his way back to his bedroom.

When he walked in, Lanie was fast asleep under the blankets. He made his way as quietly as he could to the bed. He kicked off his shoes and pulled back the blanket, laying down beside her.

She groaned just a little and opened her eyes, turning her head to look at Alex confusedly.

"Where did everyone go?" She asked, snuggling into Alex's chest as he pulled her close.

"They all went home to give us some time to be alone." He explained, closing his eyes as her breathing evened out, meaning that she had fallen back asleep. He smiled and kissed the top of her head before he too fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its been so long. Ive been writing this out in my notebook at school and only just finished it on wednesday. I was going to type it out then, but just didnt get the chance and then yesterday I was at a concert and had NO free time but I found time today. (:

so, comment.
and if you could, check out two of my new stories.
You Said We'd Last Forever.
and
Just Leave Me.

it would be sooo appreciated it you read those, and commented. (:
thank you!