Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

Tell Me You Want Me To Stay

Lanie rushed into her house, hoping to get into her room without her foster parents seeing her. She didn't think she could face them right now.

"Lanie?" She groaned as she put one foot on the step.

"Yeah?" She called back, hoping she could get away quickly.

"How was Jake's?" Bekka's voice was getting closer and closer to the teen. Lanie did her best to put on a straight and calm face as her foster mother approached her, a wide happy smile on her face. "His mom sure is a lovely woman."

"It was fun. Got homework though so I'm going to go on and do that so I can just relax tomorrow, ya know?" Bekka nodded, smiling even more at her 'daughter' before allowing her to rush up the stairs, disappearing into her sanctuary of her bedroom.

She threw down her bag, hung up her jacket in her closet before going over to her bedroom window and crawling out to the roof. Instead of staying on her ledge like normal, she jumped the gap and knocked on Matt's window rapidly, hoping he was actually in there.

Soon enough he appeared at the window, looking as if he had just woken up and as he was wearing nothing but black pajama pants and no shirt, Lanie guessed that he had been sleeping.

"What's wrong?" Matt was instantly awake as he caught site of her distressed face and the tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

"I'm pregnant." She instantly just blurted out. "I've had the suspicion of it for days but this morning I had morning sickness at Alex's house so he and I went to Jake's mom and she confirmed that I am two months pregnant." Matt stared at her, his mouth hanging open and his eyes wide.

"What.... what did Alex say about all this?" Matt crawled out of the window and sat beside her, taking her hand comfortingly as a few tears slid down her cheeks, meaning Alex's reaction must not have been the best.

"He didn't really say anything. I mean, he held my hand the whole time but didn't talk at all. When I dropped him off at his house, he kissed me but it was just a quick little peck, not a full on kiss like he usually gives me."

"He's just in shock. In time he'll come around and call you." Lanie nodded and wiped at her cheeks with her free hand.

"What am I going to do? What am I going to tell everyone? Bekka and Rick? They can't know it's Alex's, they will have him arrested for sure." Matt bit at his lip.

"Now.. this is just an idea... but... you can tell people, if they ask, that it's mine. I mean... Bekka and Rick already think we are going out... people at school think so too, I'm sure they would assume that anyway."

"Yeah... I could do that... I just... I don't want to have a baby, Matt." He sighed, let go of her hand and put his arm around her shoulders, pulling her close.

"I know, baby, but everything is going to be okay. You have me, and Bekka and Rick will support you, I'm sure. Jake and his mom are here for you, Kara I'm sure will be all up to help you, and Alex will come around, I know he will." She nodded.

"When should I tell Bekka and Rick?"

"The sooner the better because you know they will get more mad if you hide this from them for long." She nodded and wiped the rest of the tears from her cheeks.

"Will you come tell them with me?"

"Now? You want to tell them now?" He meant soon, but not this soon.

"They are going to notice something is wrong anyway." She answered, shrugging.

"Okay, yeah, I will come and tell them with you. Meet me in front of your house in 2 minutes." She smiled at him before leaning over to press her forehead to his, letting her eyes fall shut as his breath blew over her face.

"Thank you so much, Matty. I don't know what I would do without you." He smiled and let his own eyes shut.

"Of course, babe. You know I'll always be here for you." Lanie lifted her head up, both of them opening their eyes as she smiled at him softly.

"So, you get dressed, I'll be on the porch." He nodded and leaned forward, pressing his lips to her soft cheek, leaving his lips there for a few seconds before pulling back to smile at her.

"See you soon." She stood up and walked to the gap. "Be careful." She turned and rolled her eyes at him before jumping it easily, disappearing into her own bedroom. She smiled at him once more before shutting the window and disappearing from sight. Matt sighed before going into his own bedroom, throwing on a t-shirt and some jeans, messed his long hair up to look a little better and then ventured out of his room.

His foster parents were away for the weekend, going on some camping trip with a few friends, making the house eerily quiet as he went downstairs and to the front door.

When he went across his yard and into his neighbors, he saw Lanie sitting on the swing on their front porch, staring at the ground, her hand on her stomach, and as he got closer, he saw that she was biting at her lip like she always did when she was nervous.

"Ready, baby girl?" He asked as he walked up the steps. She looked up at him, her blue eyes filled with worry.

"What if they get mad at me?" He sighed and sat down beside her, pulling her into his lap.

"They won't. They love you so very much, they will accept this." She just sat in his arms silently for a few minutes, clutching at his shirt in her fists. "We need to go tell them." He said quietly, making her lift her head and nod.

"Yeah, okay." She stood up and ran a hand through her brunette hair before holding her hand out to him after he stood up. He took her hand tightly in his own before leading the way to her front door, going inside as if it were his own house.

"Oh, hello, Matt. Nice to see you." Rick greeted, smiling at the teen happily from his place on the couch beside Bekka. Lanie bit at her lip, looking down at her converse clad toes.

"Mr and Mrs Michaels, Lanie and I have something we need to talk to you guys about." Matt started, looking over at Lanie who just kept her eyes planted on her feet, clutching at his hand tightly as her parents eyes filled with confusion.

"What is it?" Bekka asked. "Is everything okay? Are you two in trouble?"

"We might be..." Lanie said quietly before sighing. "I'm....." She sighed again. "pregnant." She spoke the word quietly, looking anywhere but at her foster parents who were silent. Matt too looked at the ground, biting at his lip.

"Wow...." Bekka finally spoke breathlessly.

"Can't say I'm really shocked. I know you two go from roof to roof to the others room, I figured you two were up to something." Rick spoke.

"Are you guys mad?" Lanie questioned, finally bringing her head up to look at her foster mother and father. Rick had a calm expression on his face and Bekka's eyes were wide and her mouth a little a gap, which turned into a frown when Lanie asked this.

"Oh sweetheart, no! We aren't the happiest, but we get it. You are teenagers, we would have to be idiots to think you two don't get up to that. Getting mad won't change this. We just have to handle it like adults."

"Exactly. First thing, you need to start eating healthier, get into the doctor, and get all those prenatal things pregnant women take." Rick commented, Bekka nodding with him.

"I already have gone to a doctor. Jake's mom, this morning."

"Oh, well that is wonderful to have a wonderful doctor so close at hand and especially one you know well." Lanie just nodded.

"Thank you guys so much for being so understanding." Matt said, smiling at them before looking over at Lanie who no longer looked so nervous but had a small smile on her face none the less.

"Of course." Lanie exchanged a smile with Bekka.

"Do you mind if we go upstairs?" She asked as she tugged at Matt's hand, leading them towards the stairs.

"No, dear. It's not like anything more can happen, you're already pregnant." Rick said, chuckling, making everyone else smile before the two teens went up the stairs and into her room.

"So, what now?" Matt asked as he fell back onto Lanie's bed. She sat down in the window seat and shrugged.

"No idea." Right as she said this, her phone began to ring. Alex's name flashed across her screen. "Hello?" She said when she answered.

"Hey, sweetheart." He greeted, sounding quite happy.

"Hey. Why do you sound so happy?"

"Oh. Just had band practice. It was nice hanging with the guys, just having fun." Lanie couldn't help but smile as she heard Jack yelling about something in the background.

"Did you tell them?" She wondered.

"Yeah, I did. Is that okay?"

"Of course. Me and Matt just told Bekka and Rick."

"Matt? Why did Matt have to tell them?" Anger began to seep into Alex's voice, making Lanie sigh.

"I needed him for moral support."

"And they think it's his, right?" Alex was down right angry now, making Lanie angry as well.

"Yes, they do. It's not like I can tell them who the real father is, can I? They will probably have you arrested."

"This is my child, Lanie. If they think Matt's the father, they will want him there when it's born and have him around all the time. When will I get to see my baby?" He questioned angrily.

"Do you want to get arrested or something?" She yelled back just as angrily.

"No, but I'm willing to talk to them about it. If we just talk to them like adults, convince them. They won't."

"Alex, I just can't do that right now. Maybe in a few months, but for now, can we just not? It was hard enough talking to them about the baby in the first place. I just want to relax and not stress for awhile." He sighed and Lanie could picture him running his hand through his hair.

"Fine. I have to go. The guys want to go get some lunch. I'll see you on Monday." With that Alex hung up. As Lanie put her phone down, she felt tears well up in her eyes.

"What did he say?" Matt questioned, sitting up on the bed to look at her. When he saw she was crying, he went over to her, putting his arm around her again.

"He's mad that I don't want to tell Bekka and Rick about him. He said he'll see me on Monday. I thought I was going to go see him tonight and tomorrow, but I guess not now."

"I say you go over there anyway." Lanie shook her head and wiped at her tears.

"That would just make him even more angry."

"I don't care. You are going over there later, I don't care if I have to drag you." Lanie rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. Come on, I want to take a nap." She stood up and pulled him over to her bed where they both laid down. "Thanks again for everything, Matty." She kissed his cheek before laying her head on his chest before she fell asleep, her breathing evening out.

"I love you, Lanie.... so much." He whispered running his hand gently through her hair. "You will be mine, I don't care what I have to do to get you, I will."
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooo. what is matt gonna do?
will alex be mad she came over?
hmmmm.
comment.