Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

We've Had Our Ups and Downs.

Tour is hard on any person, the constant moving around, the work, the noise, but on a pregnant woman, it was harder than any one had expected. Especially someone so far along into their pregnancy as Lanie was.

"You okay, baby?" Alex asked her as they climbed out of the van they were traveling in. It was very cramped and uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Lanie answered, stretching her cramped limbs. Alex stood beside her, wrapped his left arm around her waist, his hand resting on her hip, and leaned over to kiss her temple before turning to the guys and Kara, who stood in a similar position with Rian.

"Alright guys," Matt, their tour manager began, looking down at the clipboard he had in his hands. "You guys go on in three hours. Lanie and Kara, make sure you are with Vinny at the merch table as soon as the doors open." The two girls nodded. "Guys..." He stared at the four band members, all of which were barely even paying attention to him. Zack was lost in his phone, Alex was nuzzling Lanie's neck with his nose, Rian was staring at the ground, kicking at a rock, and Jack was looking up at the sky, a wide grin on his face. "Just do whatever until show time, make sure you're at side stage at 8:45, I don't care what you do until then."

"I'm hungry, let's go find food." Alex said to Lanie, who nodded.

"I could go for food." She agreed so the couple said goodbye to their friends before turning and walking across the parking lot they were stopped in. They walked around a little until they spotted a Subway across the street and agreed to go there.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Alex questioned her as they sat down at a table with their sandwiches.

Alex had been doing this every day since they started tour a week and a half ago. He constantly questioned if she was okay, how she was feeling, if Colton was kicking or doing anything. She knew he just worried about her but she was fine and it was getting a little much for him to ask her every five minutes, once every day would be fine.

"I am fine, Alex. Stop worrying so much." She said, rolling her eyes, making him sigh.

"Well you are 30 weeks pregnant, Lanie, you are due in less than two months or earlier. I'm just worried." Lanie sighed and reached across the table to take his hand in hers.

"I am fine, Alex. If I start to feel weird or anything out of the normal, I will tell you first thing, okay?" Alex nodded and squeezed her hand.

"I just love you and Colton both so much, so I worry." She smiled at him and got out of her seat to stand in front of him.

"And we love you too but just hold off on asking if I'm okay every five minutes." He smiled and nodded, allowing her to peck his lips before going back to her seat and eating her sandwich.

_____

"Savannah, Georgia!" Alex yelled into the microphone, making all the teens in front of them scream. They were playing in some club, the number of people in attendance was about 250, which was pretty great for All Time Low as they had been used to shows with just about 80 people back at home, if even that. This tour though has helped them spread their music all over. "How the fuck are ya?" They were onto their 5th song or so, having about 2 more left, all of them were covered in sweat but having the time of their lives.

Alex could easily see the Merch table from his place on stage where it was at in the back of the venue, getting customer after customer.

"We have two more songs for you, and then we shall leave you motherfuckers. What you all need to do before the night is up, is go back to the merch table, buy our shit and say hello to my beautiful girlfriend Lanie. Lanie, wave so everyone can know who you are." Alex saw Lanie laugh and shake her head before she raised her hand up high and waved all around while the whole crowd turned to look at her.

"She's pregnant with my baby." Jack said into the microphone. People gasped while Alex's jaw dropped open and he went over to smack his best friend on the back of the head.

"No, Jack. You have it wrong, it is my baby. She would never fuck you."

"That's what you think." Jack muttered into his mic, making Alex shake his head.

"She told me that you are a big fat fuck, she would never go near you." Jack pouted and looked across the crowd at Lanie who sat laughing with Kara and Vinny.

"Lanie!" Jack whined. "Did you really say that?" Lanie just laughed more, making Jack's pout grow. "Fine. Fuck you both." With that Jack turned his back on the crowd, making Alex laugh.

"Alright, let's get back to the music." They quickly jumped into their next song, going through it easily and getting a great reaction from the crowd. "This is our last song, after this, be sure to go buy shit. I need money, I'm a fucking teacher for god sakes, I make shit for money, how am I supposed to raise a baby on a teachers salary? So go give me your money!" Alex took one look over at the merch table and knew something was wrong instantly.

He couldn't see Lanie at all but he could see Kara and Vinny leaning over something, both of them worried. There were people in the crowd beginning to crowd around the table, all of them bringing their hands up to their mouths.

"Fuck!" Alex yelled and threw down his guitar and jumped off the stage, pushing and shoving his way through the crowd until he got to the table where Lanie was on the ground, her face distorted in pain and her hand on her stomach. "Lanie! What's wrong?" Alex questioned as he kneeled down beside her, taking her hand and brushing some hair out of her face. "What happened?!" He screamed at Kara and Vinny.

"She was talking with a fan, apparently they got in an argument, something about you and the baby and then suddenly she doubled over in pain, her hand on her stomach." Kara explained as Matt came up to them, kneeling beside the couple.

"An ambulance is on its way. It will be out back. Let's get her backstage, away from all these people. Security will start clearing the place out." They then heard Jack go on over his microphone to say that they would be ending a song early and if everyone could please leave.

Alex put one arm behind Lanie's knees and the other behind her shoulders while her arms wrapped around his neck and her face buried into the long hair around his neck.

"It hurts, Alex." She whimpered as he carried her through the parting crowd, all of them watching with concerned eyes.

"I know it does, baby." He spoke to her, turning his head to kiss her temple. They got backstage where he laid her on a couch and sat beside her, taking her hand once more and put his other hand on her stomach, rubbing gentle circles on the bulged tummy. They just sat staring at each other, both thinking the same things. What if something happened Colton, what if he didn't make it? Though Alex was also thinking what if Lanie didn't make it.

Finally the ambulance came. They asked Lanie if she could walk to the ambulance. She decided that she would try it but the pain was too much and so Alex ended up carrying her out and into the ambulance, where he sat down beside her and took her hand once more as they zoomed off to the hospital. The paramedics worked over her quickly, hooking her up to all sorts of machines and doing this to her and that to her, it was all one big blur around Alex. He just stared into Lanie's worried and pained face, gripping her hand tightly, determined to not let her or his son go.

This was his family, he would fight for them. He would not lose either of them tonight. Not a chance in hell he would let that happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
ooooo. what's going on??
sorry its been a few days. Been writing this for a few days. I'm at my bros house in Missouri now, all settled in and such so I should be able to update more from now on. (:
comment. (: