Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

I Can't Face The Truth

Alex sat beside Lanie as she laid in the uncomfortable hospital bed. He was sat in a hard plastic chair beside her, gripping her hand. Neither of them spoke, they just sat in silence, waiting for the doctor to come in and tell them the fate of their child.

When they had arrived at the hospital about an hour previously, ultrasounds and tests were performed. Everyone thought that Lanie was going into labor but turns out that was not the case, though Colton could still be in danger. The pain had receded from Lanie's stomach but she still rubbed her hand over it, comforting both her and Colton.

Alex had leaned his head down, resting it on her arm as he ran his thumb over the back of her hand, his eyes fluttering shut but he did not fall asleep, he was too anxious right now.

He shot up when the door opened and in walked Lanie's doctor. He came to the end of the bed and smiled at the couple.

"Good news. Everything seems to be all fine now." Alex and Lanie both let out a breath of relief. "What happened today was a cause of stress. It very well could have led to you going into labor, Lanie. I encourage you to leave tour, go home and rest for the next two months. Distance yourself from all types of stress. It's not good on you or Colton. In fact, if you care about Colton's welfare at all, as well as your own, you will go home."

"Of course she's going to go home." Alex cut in. He and the guys had already talked it out. No matter what the outcome of today, Lanie was going home and everyone knew that wherever Lanie went, Alex went as well so they were ending tour a few days earlier. Some were a little bummed but all understood and agreed.

"Good. We will keep you over night, just for observation, make sure you and Colton really are stable, and then you can leave and head for home in the morning. Alex, you are welcome to stay with her of course."

"Thank you so much." Alex stood and held his hand out to the older man who smiled and shook Alex's hand.

"You two have a nice night." He patted Lanie's foot, receiving a smile in return before he turned and left the room, leaving the couple by themselves.

"Thank God everything is okay." Alex said, sitting back down in his chair, once again taking Lanie's hand.

"I know. I was worried about Colton." Lanie answered, once again resuming the rubbing of her stomach.

"I was too but I was more worried about you. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to you." Alex moved from his seat to sit on the edge of her bed. She smiled up at him and squeezed his hand.

"Well we are both fine." He smiled down at her and nodded.

"And I am grateful for that," He leaned down and kissed her forehead. She scooted over, giving him plenty of room to lay beside her.

"Lay with me, I want to sleep, I'm exhausted." Alex quickly agreed as it had been a long and stressful day for the both of them so he turned off a few of the overhead lights, making it not so bright in the white room, slid off his shoes and jacket before climbing into the small bed beside her, thankful that she wasn't hooked up to any monitors or IV's anymore as that would make cuddling with her very awkward and surely uncomfortable. "Hey, Alex." Lanie spoke quietly after they had settled down. Her head was rested on his chest while he had both arms wrapped around her back, one on the side of her stomach.

"Yes, love?" He answered, staring at the ceiling.

"Can we not tell Bekka and Rick about this? They would just worry too much and Rick would probably try to kill you." Alex chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah, we can keep this a secret." She lifted her head and pecked his lips.

"Thank you." She spoke before resting her head back down.

"You know, I was thinking about something."

"Yeah?" Lanie questioned quietly, close to sleep.

"Yeah. Why don't you just fully move in with me again. I mean... the nursery is there, you basically live there anyway. We will still go to Bekka and Rick's for dinner every few nights and everything. It will just be that much easier when Colton comes." Lanie nodded.

"I would love to move in with you again. I'm sure Bekka won't mind and Rick... well the less he has to see of you, the better, really." Alex chuckled and kissed the top of her head.

"That is true. Now get some sleep, sweetheart." Lanie only nodded before she dozed off into sleep, Alex soon following.

______

The next day after the hospital served Lanie a very bland plate breakfast, they let her leave. As soon as her and Alex walked out of the hospital, she was bombarded with hug after hug from the band and crew.

Alex laughed and tugged her away from his friends, pulling her into the safety of his arms.

"Be gentle. She's still fragile." He warned, tucking her head under his neck, making her laugh and shove him away a little, but smile up at him none the less.

It was decided that for Lanie to get home to relaxation quicker, her and Alex were to fly home today while the rest of the band and crew took the long drive in the van.

They would not tell Bekka and Rick that they were home, instead they would just hide out at Alex's house until the scheduled date that they were supposed to return in 4 days, they would then go to Bekka and Rick's house for dinner, as originally planned. Her foster parents would never have to know about the little mishap they had.

So, the band drove the couple to the airport and said their goodbyes, wishing them both the best of luck and that Lanie better go and lay down as soon as she got home. Jack made her pinky promise to keep Colton safe, at least until Jack was home so he could protect Colton.

The flight was relatively short only an hour or so as the distance it had to cover really was not that far.

By the time they got their luggage, hailed a cab and got home, it was only 3 in the afternoon.

They ventured into Alex's house, being greeted by his dog Baz instantly.

"Why don't you go lay down and I'll make us some lunch." Alex said after he carried their bags in. Lanie leaned over and kissed his lips deeply, giving him a loving smile before she went off into his, or their, bedroom and laid down under the warm, comfortable and familiar blankets.

It was nice to be home again. Now all she had to do was focus on relaxing for the next two months and she knew with Alex by her side, she could do just that. She smiled as she knew that the was so lucky to have such a great boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
So both Lanie and Colton are okay. (:
yay! :D