Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

Sing, The Last Thing On Your Mind

"Here, baby, eat up." Lanie smiled gratefully up at her boyfriend as he placed a plate of pancakes in front of her. She dug in hungrily, giving a sound of satisfaction from deep in her throat, making Alex laugh as he sat beside her with his own pancakes.

Many weeks passed and it is now the middle of August. Lanie is 36 weeks pregnant, due in about a month on September 16th. Colton is all healthy right now, just growing bigger and bigger as the days pass. He doesn't kick as much, which Lanie's doctor tells her because he is so big now that there really isn't that much room for him to move and kick, hes wrapped up in one big ball, ready to pop out and join the real world.

Kara threw the couple a baby shower about a month previous. It all went well, they got cute baby clothes, boxes of diapers and all the other things that they had been needing. The nursery was all set up and ready for the new baby. Now it was just time for the wait. Lanie and Alex couldn't wait for him to be here already. They just wanted to hold their baby in their arms. Kiss him, love him, teach him, watch him grow. They wanted to be parents already.

They heard the front door opened and knew who just it was. Matt and Jake. Today was their first day back at school and promised to come see them in the morning before they ventured off to start their senior year. Lanie was going to be left at home alone as Alex too of course had to return to work. Her and Kara made plans though to hang out and go shopping. Lanie didn't need anything more but now that Kara and Rian had broken up, it happened two weeks previously, Kara wanted a new wardrobe for when she went out to find a new guy.

"I smell food!" They heard Matt yell. Alex rolled his eyes but kept his mouth shut as he chewed his food. Matt and Alex still didn't get along much. Matt had gotten very touchy feely with Lanie and her stomach.

"Lex made pancakes." Lanie called back right before the two teens walked into the kitchen. Jake went straight to the food while Matt came over and kissed Lanie on the top of the head and patted her stomach. Alex glared over at him, earning a smirk in response. Lanie who had been taking another bite at the time didn't see this. The two boys sat down across from the couple at the table and began to eat.

Alex finished his a few seconds before Lanie took the last bite of her own.

"Finished, baby?" Alex asked as he stood up. She nodded and patted her stomach. He leaned over and pressed his lips to hers, earning a giggle in response as he slid his tongue into her mouth, getting the taste of pancakes and maple syrup from her mouth. She giggled again and pulled away from him. He smiled at her and pecked her lips quickly before taking both his plate and hers over to the sink.

"I'll do the dishes later, you need to go finish getting ready to go." Lanie said as Alex rinsed off the plates. He looked down at his pajama shirt and t-shirt.

"I thought I'd go like this." Lanie laughed and stood up, wobbling her way over to him. She reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck, her bulbous stomach pressing into his own, making him reach down and place his hands on her hips.

"I don't think you can do that, Lex. Go get dressed." He pouted and pecked her lips a few times before nodding.

"Fine." She smiled and moved away from him, allowing him to move past him and leave the room.

"You two sure seem happy." Jake commented as he finished his food. Lanie came over and took his plate, adding it in the sink with her and Alex's.

"We are. Very much so."

"Remember one year ago on the first day of school everyone was freaking out about the new hot teacher and you were the only girl in the whole school who didn't care about him."

"Yeah, I remember. Then I walked in his classroom though and it was like love at first site." Lanie said, making both her and Jake laugh while Matt sat there, staring intently at his plate.

"I always gave you shit that Mr. Gaskarth had a crush on you and would just roll your eyes. Who knew a year from then you'd be about to pop with his baby." Lanie laughed and nodded, rubbing her stomach again. It was a habit for her to do that. Either she was always rubbing it, or Alex was. That's how she fell asleep every night, him rubbing her tummy. Though lately it was becoming harder and harder for her to sleep with her large tummy. Alex would do everything he could to make her fall asleep, he even sang her to sleep sometimes.

"Do either of you guys have him this year?" Jake's smile fell and he pouted, shaking his head.

"Nope. Not once."

"Lucky. I have him twice. I have to retake anatomy cause I failed and he's also my homeroom teacher."

"I'm not that bad, Jake." Alex spoke as he walked back in the room. He was now dressed in grey skinny jeans, Nike's, and a plain black t-shirt. Lanie had to admit that he looked hot. She couldn't help but stare at him. It was just like the first day of school last year all over again though this time instead of just smiling at her like Alex had done last time, Alex came over and kissed her lips.

"I kind of wish I was still in school just so I could go and stare at you all day. And have lunch with you." She spoke, barely pulling away from his lips.

"I'll be all alone at lunch, going to be so boring." Lanie smiled and pecked his lips before turning around to grab the bag of lunch she had made him earlier and handed it to him.

"I'm sorry." He smiled and pecked her lips, it seems that is something they did a lot.

"I should get going. I'll call you at lunch, okay?" Lanie nodded and wrapped him in a hug. "Have fun with Kara." He squeezed her tightly and kissed her on top of the head before letting her go to kneel down in front of her stomach and kiss it. "Bye Colton." He then stood up straight and leaned forward to kiss Lanie's forehead. "I love you." She grinned up at him.

"I love you, too." He smiled before turning to the teens still sitting at the table. One of them was smiling widely, the other glaring. He smiled at them both.

"See you in class, Matt. See you later, Jake." He waved at them both before he left the room. They heard the front door a few seconds later, signaling that he left.

"Are you two going to get married?" Lanie laughed at the randomness of Jake's question and went back to sitting down across from them.

"Maybe one day, for now we are just focusing on our son. We haven't even talked about marriage, as I am still underage."

"Only like five more months though until you turn 18!" Jake pointed out, bouncing in his seat.

"I am aware of that, Jakey. Now, shouldn't you two get going so you aren't late?"

"I'm thinking about skipping homeroom." Matt mumbled. Lanie sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Go." She pointed behind her in the general direction of the front door. He sighed and stood up, stretching.

"Fine, but I won't like it." He came over to her and kissed her cheek, patted her stomach before leaving the room.

"Make sure he actually goes to homeroom, will you?" Jake laughed and nodded, getting up too and coming over to Lanie to hug her.

"I'll see you later, sweety." With that he too left, leaving the teen in the house alone. She sighed and sat there for a few seconds, listening to the quiet press in around her before she got up and grabbed Matt's forgotten plate and went over to the sink, starting on the dishes...
♠ ♠ ♠
just a boring filler.
I haven't put Matt and Jake in it recently, felt that I should.
So it's close to time for her to have the baby.
Yay! (:
give me comments, they made me smile. I am 1 away from having 200 comments. that has never happened to me before. you guys are the BEST. <3