Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

I Feel Found When You Stand Near.

Alex Gaskarth stood in front of his class, all of them staring up at him. He felt his nerves wash through him. He wasn't half as nervous as he was last year but still nervous none the less. His eyes scanned out across the students, finding Matt sitting in the same seat he had sat in last year, though this year in front of him instead of Lanie was some quiet chick with long brown hair and horn rimmed glasses, staring down intently at her hands.

"So, did everyone have a good summer?" He asked, propping himself up against his desk and stuffing his hands in his pockets. He got nods in response and a few sounds of happiness. "That's good. I had a great summer. Me and my girlfriend are expecting a baby so we've been doing everything for that." Almost every girl in the class aww'd. Matt rolled his eyes and glared up at his teacher.

"When's she due?" A senior in the back of the room asked. Alex recognized her as Becky, he'd had her last year too.

"September 16th, so very soon. It's a boy. We're naming him Colton." Alex couldn't keep the smile off his face. "Alright, let's get down to business." And with that he started on his actual teaching duties for the day and before he knew it, it was lunchtime.

As he sat at his desk, he couldn't help but feel some sort of hope that Lanie would come in and join him but he knew that wouldn't happen so he sat at his desk alone, nibbling on his sandwich. He jumped a little when his cell phone began ringing. He dug it out of his pocket to see Lanie's name flashing across the screen.

"Well hey, baby." He greeted, getting a giggle in response.

"Hey, sweety. So guess what!" She answered back, a smile evident in her voice.

"What?" He questioned, frowning a little but still a smile on his face anyway. He'd missed her, even though it had only been about five hours since he had last seen her.

"I'm outside. Me and Kara got bored and so we decided to come meet you here. I can't come in obviously, I'd draw way too much attention with my belly but you should come outside and we can go somewhere real quick for lunch." Alex quickly stood up and threw the rest of his lunch away.

"That sounds great!" He responded, making his way towards the door. "I'll be out in a second."

"Alright, see you soon." With that they both hung up while he made his way out of the school and into the teachers parking lot where sure enough he found Kara's car parked beside his with Lanie leaning up against the back beside Kara herself.

"Hey, you!" He said to her before pulling her into his arms and kissing her lips. "Kara." He and Kara shared a brief hug before he turned back to his girlfriend.

"So how is your first day?" Lanie questioned as she smiled up at him.

"Great. I didn't realize just how many kids I failed last year until now. I have a lot of them again." Lanie laughed.

"They most likely failed just so they could have you again. I thought about doing it just so I had to be in your class again." Alex smiled and shook his head but leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"So, where we going for lunch?" He asked them both.

"Lanie is having a craving for a subway sandwich so I guess subway." Kara spoke, making Alex nod.

"Subway sounds good." So the three of them piled into Kara's car and made their way to the nearest Subway. After a quick lunch there, they drove back to the school and dropped Alex off right as the bell rang. "I'll see you in a few hours." He said, leaning into the passenger side window where Lanie sat. She smiled up at him and nodded before he leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. "I love you."

"I love you too, now go. Don't want to be late." He smiled and nodded before stepping away from the car and waved at them before making his way back into the school.

The next few hours passed by quickly enough and soon it was time for Alex to gather his things and head on home to his gorgeous girlfriend.

"Hey, Alex." Alex turned to see Matt walking towards him down the hall. "Jake left me, I have no way home. Mind if I come hang at your place for a little bit? I wanna spend some time with Lanie before she has the baby." Alex wanted nothing more than to say that yes, he did mind and refuse to drive him but he knew Lanie would want to hang out with him so he agreed.

"Yeah, that's fine." Alex answered.

"Great, thanks." So the two of them made their way down the hall and out of the school, over to Alex's car. The car ride home was silent and very awkward. Alex was grateful that he didn't really live that far away from the school so soon enough the ride was over and they arrived at the house.

"Lanie?" Alex called as soon as he was in the house. He didn't receive an answer, which made him frown. He looked at Matt who frowned and shrugged before the two of them ventured off in search of the pregnant teen.

"Lanie?" Alex had searched the whole house, finding her no where, the last place was the baby's room so he made his way over to the door that was half closed. He pushed it open to find Lanie leaning over the side of the crib, staring down into it. "Baby?" Lanie jumped and turned, revealing to the two men that she was crying. She quickly tired to wipe the tears from her cheeks but it was too late, both men saw. "What's wrong?" Alex questioned as he rushed over to her.

"Nothing," She stated, looking down at the ground. "I'm fine." Alex brought his hands up to cup her face, making her look up at him.

"No you aren't, so tell me what's wrong." He pressed, making her sigh and more tears fall down her cheeks.

"I've just been thinking." She responded simply, making Alex's frown grow.

"About what?" Lanie sighed again and moved her eyes from Alex over to the doorway to where Matt stood awkwardly, his hands in his pockets. "Lanie?" Alex questioned, making her turn back to him.

"A lot of things but mostly.... my parents." She answered softly. Alex sighed and moved his hands down to her back and pulled her to him. She buried her face in the fabric of his shirt and wrapped her arms around his torso. "I wish that they were here, Alex. I don't know if I can do this without them. They will never get to meet their grandson." Alex sighed and clutched her as close to him as he could, what with the large baby bump in between them.

"They are looking down from heaven right now, baby girl, and are smiling down at us. I know that they are so proud of you and are so happy for you." She clutched at the fabric of his t-shirt, gripping it in her fists. "I know that it's hard without them, but you have me, we can do this, together." He pulled back to look into her eyes. Hoping that she got how much he cared for her through his eyes. She stared up at him, a small crease between her eyebrows before she nodded softly.

"Together." She whispered. He nodded and leaned down to kiss her lips softly.

"Come on. Let's go sit in the living room and watch some TV." She nodded and allowed him to take her hand and pull her from the blue room and into the living room. Lanie and Alex took the couch while Matt sat in the seat.

"So how was the first day?" Lanie asked them both while she leaned into Alex's side.

"Good. Same as last year pretty much. Boring introductions and everything." Alex answered, shrugging as he wrapped an arm around Lanie's shoulders.

"How about you, Matt?" Lanie directed at her best friend who looked at her and shrugged.

"Sucked." He answered her, looking back at the TV that Alex had turned on.

"Aw, why?" Lanie wondered with a small pout.

"You weren't there." Lanie felt her cheeks heat up with his answer.

"Oh." Alex didn't know what to say to any of this so he stayed silent and just watched the two of them.

"So, Alex. See any students this year that you feel like fucking?" Matt asked bluntly, making both Lanie and Alex's eyes pop open and their jaws drop.

"Excuse me?" Alex questioned while Lanie sat up, frowning at her best friend who just shrugged.

"What?" Matt threw at Lanie. "I'm sure you have feared it at least once, that he's going to find a different student to fuck around with." Lanie stood up and pointed at the front door.

"Get the fuck out." She was worried that she was going to yell this but she was successful in keeping her voice as calm as possible. Matt stood up and walked over to her, staring down at her.

"Oh come on, Lanie. It's not like his track record is the best, I mean we walked in on him cheating on you before." Lanie crossed her arms over her chest and glared up at the teen.

"You don't know a thing about that so shut the fuck up." All the while Alex sat on the couch, once more in silence as he watched them bicker back and forth.

"I know enough. I know that he hurt you, Lanie. Who's to say it won't happen again? I've held you enough times while you've cried because of things that had to do with him." Lanie grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the door, pushing him out of it. She stood in the doorway, leaning up against the door frame while he continued to stare down at him, not caring that she was glaring up at him as if he were Satan.

"I want you to leave, Matt." He sighed and looked down at the ground. "Leave." She moved to slam the door in his face but he grabbed her arm and pulled her against him. She had about a millisecond to glare up at him before he pressed his lips against hers...
♠ ♠ ♠
well... comments?
heh.
whatcha think is gonna happen next? think she'll push him off, kiss back, or will Alex beat the shit outta him? hmmmm.
only I know. (: