Sequel: When You Love Someone
Status: Finished. Go check out the sequel.

So Wrong, It's Right.

Let's Drink To Feelings Of Temptation

"I live at that house." Lanie lifted one of her small hands, pointing to a house across the street as Alex, Jack and her walked down the street, heading towards Alex's house after leaving Starbucks a little after they had arrived.

"I live at this one." Alex said when they arrived at his house, two houses down from Lanie's.

"What are the chances that we would live only two houses away from one another." They both laughed as they stopped in front of his house as Jack disappeared into the house, leaving the two of them alone.

"You know, you don't have to come tonight if you don't want to." Lanie smiled and shook her head.

"No, I want to go. It will be fun. I just hope it's not too awkward. I mean... I am your student after all..."

"For tonight, you aren't. Tonight you are just my friend. So therefore, you have to call me Alex, not Mr. G or anything like that, just Alex." They exchanged a smile.

"Sure thing, Alex." She giggled softly, bringing her hand up to cover her mouth. "Well, I'm going to go home and get ready for our night. I'll be back here in an hour." Alex nodded, still mesmerized by her adorable giggle. She smiled at him once more before turning, crossing the street, soon making it to her house and disappearing inside, Alex retreating into his own abode.

"Where'd she go?" Jack questioned as soon as he saw his best friend was alone. "Did you talk her out of going?"

"No. She went home to change. She'll be back in an hour." Alex explained. "I'm going to go get ready myself. If the guys get here, just make them stand outside." Alex was of course kidding... Maybe.

After a quick shower, Alex let his hair dry naturally, just fluffing it a little, giving it that messy look that he did every day. He slipped into a tight pair of black skinny jeans, followed by a blue flannel shirt. He was just lacing up his converse when there was a knock on his door.

"Come in." He called as he put his wallet and phone in his pocket. He looked up as his bedroom door opened and in walked a very nervous and shy Lanie.

She was now dressed in a pair of tight gray skinny jeans, a white and black striped tank top, with a leather jacket on top. She had a pair of high heel boots strapped to her feet, making her a few inches taller.

Her hair was left to fall around her shoulders in soft waves, much like it always did.

Her makeup was done to perfection, black eyeliner, black eyeshadow with some silver along the brow bone, mascara and a little pink lip gloss on her lips. She had a few black necklaces placed around her neck and a silver key bracelet on her wrist.

"Wow. Lanie.. You look... gorgeous." Alex was at a loss for words. The sixteen year old looked like she was at least 18 now. She blushed at Alex's words and looked down at the floor.

"Thank you. You look very handsome yourself." She looked up at him, showing him a small smile, making him chuckle.

"Is anyone else here?" Alex asked just as he heard a knock on the front door.

"I got it!" They heard Jack yell.

"There wasn't until now." She answered as he made his way across his room, towards her. As he stopped in front of her, he caught the smell of her perfume. Sweet and addicting. He could just stand here and smell her for days. But that would be creepy, so he wasn't going to do that.

Instead he reached forward and took her hand and pulled her from the room and down the hall just as he heard his other friends enter his house, being as loud as ever.

"Happy Birthday!" Everyone yelled as the two of them entered the living room.

"Thanks, guys." He smiled around at them all. "Everyone, I'd like you to meet Lanie. Lanie, this is my friends Rian, Zack, Matt, Vinny, and Rian's girlfriend Kara." Kara moved away from her boyfriend and came to stand in front of the two of them, smiling at Lanie.

"It's nice to meet you!" Lanie was shocked when Kara pulled her into a tight embrace. "Nice to finally meet the girl who has captured Alex's mind." Kara smirked at Alex who glared at her, making Lanie laugh.

"It's nice to meet you too."

"So, shall we go?" Alex asked everyone.

"Oh, I brought your jacket back, Alex. It's hanging up by the door." Lanie told him as everyone left.

"Oh, okay. Thanks." As they passed the door, he grabbed it and slipped it on, finding that it smelled like her, which made him smile.

They all split up, Alex, Lanie, Jack and Vinny piled into Alex's Range Rover while the other four took Rian's car.

They all met up at a small diner across town.

"You okay?" Alex asked Lanie as they walked in, seeing that she looked nervous.

"Yeah, I'm just nervous. I mean... I don't belong here. I'm your student Alex, whether we're at school or not. I'm only 16, all of you are in your 20's. I feel like I shouldn't be here." Alex sighed and pulled her to a stop in front of the door as everyone else went inside to get a table, saying they'd be in in a second.

"Look, Lanie. I know that there's an age difference between us but... please. When I'm around you, I'm so happy. I want you here. It wouldn't be a good birthday if you weren't. All my friends love you. You do belong here. None of us care about our age difference, so you shouldn't either, okay?" Lanie stared into his chocolate brown eyes for a few seconds before nodding.

"Okay, fine." He smiled and put his arm around her shoulders, pulling her into the restaurant.

___

Just like Jack had said, it was super easy for Lanie to get into the club. The bouncer barely even looked at Lanie before letting her in.

The music was loud and fast, a mass of people dancing and grinding to it in a massive group on the dance floor, and a few people here and there talking and taking drinks from their glasses.

"You don't mind if I drink, do you? I promise not to drink too much." Lanie smiled at Alex and shook her head.

"Of course not, go ahead." He smiled and took her hand, leading her towards the bar. Everyone else in their group was already there, getting their own drinks.

"Let's go find a table." Rian suggested, making them all nod and navigate their way through the people until they found a large empty booth and everyone took a seat.

"Would you like some?" Alex offered her the beer he had in his hand. She stared at it for a second, contemplating it. "Come on, just one drink." She glanced up at him before taking the glass and taking a drink.

She had drank before, her and Jake once stole a whole twelve pack from the fridge in her parents garage and drank it in a matter of two hours. The next morning wasn't the greatest.

"Thanks." She said, handing him back the beer.

"Lanie! Come dance with me!" Kara exclaimed a little later, pushing Rian from the booth so she could get up. Lanie smiled and stood up, taking the hand Kara was offering to her.

The two of them blended into the mass of people and began to dance to the music as if they've been friends for years. Even when the fast song ended and a slow song ended, they dramatically threw their arms around each other and danced like a couple. That was at least until there was a tap on Lanie's shoulder, making the two of them turn to see Alex standing there, smiling.

"Mind if I take over, Kara?" Kara smirked and let go of the younger girl.

"Of course not, I have a boyfriend to go sex up anyway." With that Kara disappeared back in the direction of the table.

"So, you having fun?" Alex questioned Lanie as he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close to him as they moved back and forth to the music.

"Yes, I am. How about you, birthday boy?" He smiled and held her tightly.

"This is the best birthday I've ever had."

***

"No, I really shouldn't." Everyone rolled their eyes at Lanie. Alex shoved the shot into her hand, his own in his hand.

"Just do it!" He exclaimed. She giggled and nodded.

"Fine!" So they all brought their shot glasses up to their lips and downed them, slamming the glasses back down onto the table when finished.

It was now almost midnight. Lanie and Alex had been sharing drinks all night, both of them a little tipsy by now.

"We should get going after we finish the next round of shots, start our movie night." Zack suggested as each person took another shot glass, this time Lanie made no protest and just grabbed one herself.

"For sure." Jack slurred back at him before they all downed their last shot.

"Okay, let's go!" So they all climbed out of the booth and left the bar. Alex had his arm around Lanie as they walked towards his car.

"You're birthday is almost over, Alex!" Lanie pointed out as she looked at the time on her phone, seeing there was only a minute or two left until it wasn't December 14th anymore.

"Oh no. I haven't gotten the present that I was hoping I'd get yet though!" He pouted.

"And what present was that?" He caught Lanie by surprise, as well as all their friends as he took her arms and pushed her up against the passenger door of his Range Rover and pressed his body against hers.

"You." He whispered, his breath washing across her face. Before she could say anything, or even think about what to say, his lips were on hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lanie's outfit