Status: Very slowly active

I'm in Love With You, Are You in Love With Me Too?

Chapter 5

I woke up in the morning with a slight headache, but nothing compared to what it could’ve been. I rolled over, looking for John, but he was nowhere to be seen. I sat up and looked towards the bathroom but still didn’t see him. Just as I was about to get out of bed and go looking for him he walked back in the bedroom and closed the door behind him.

“Good morning,” he said with a smirk on his face.

I couldn’t help but smile back as I said good morning to him.

He sat down on the bed and kissed me quickly before a serious expression crossed his face. “I was just talking to Jordanne. I think we need to go talk to Nick and see what the hell he was thinking. And I need to kick his ass.”

I laughed at his bluntness but quickly agreed. I knew how bad she was feeling and if even John could see it then we just had to do something.

I got up and took a shower, and of course John felt the need to join me. Not that I really minded. Once we were done we got dressed and made our way out to the living room.

Jordanne was sitting on the couch, watching TV with a blank expression on her face. I sat down next to her slowly.

“How’s it going J?” I asked her softly.

“I don’t know. I honestly don’t. I still love him, but. I just don’t know what to think right now. I don’t know if I can forgive him just yet. I trusted him ya know? And then he just… he goes and kisses some other girl. In my apartment! During my fucking party!”

“I’m so sorry hun. I wish none of that would have happened to you.”

“Thanks, but it’s not your fault that my boyfriend is a cheating asshole.”

“Listen, John and I are going out for a bit. Are you gonna be ok?”

“Yeah. I’ll be fine. Thanks for making me feel better last night.”

“Any time best friend.” I hugged her quickly before walking over to where John was waiting at the door. I slipped my shoes on and we walked out to the car.

We didn’t waste any time, driving straight to Nick’s apartment. I started to knock on the door patiently but apparently John wasn’t as patient because he started pounding on it and yelling for Nick to open up.

As soon as he opened the door, before I even really knew what was happening, John punched him in the face.

“Ow! What the fuck man?!” he shouted, putting his hand to his face.

“Sorry. Can we come in?” John asked as if he hadn’t just punched his friend in the face. I was just standing there shocked, still trying to figure out exactly what had just happened.

“Why? So you can fucking hit me again?!”

“No. I will not hit you again. We just need to talk to you,” John explained calmly.

“We really do. I didn’t know he was gonna punch you…” I added.

“Whatever.” He just stepped to the side and let us in, closing the door behind him. “What do you want?” he asked bluntly.

“It’s about Jordanne,” I started and I saw his face drop. We all sat down in the living room and I got started. “She’s really upset Nick. How could you just kiss that girl like that? In her apartment, at her party? What the fuck were you thinking?!”

“Listen Kahlen, I love Jordanne more than anything. I did not kiss that bitch, she kissed me.”

I just glared at him. That explanation was not going to cut it. “Why should I believe you?”

“John, come on man, you know me. You know I would never cheat on a girl.”

“Well, that’s what I thought, but if Jordanne saw it… I don’t know man.”

Nick sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “Fuck. My eye really hurts man,” he said, looking at John.

“Sorry about that. But I kinda promised Jordanne that I would beat your ass,” he chucked sheepishly as I got up to get Nick some ice.

“So, is that all you got Nick? That she kissed you?” I said while I handed him the ice and sat back down on the couch.

“She was my ex-girlfriend,” he began and sighed. “I don’t even know why she was there or who invited her. I haven’t even seen her in months. But apparently, she wasn’t or isn’t over me, I don’t know. She asked to talk to me and I agreed because I still felt kind of bad about how things ended, but she was kind of a psycho and I had to get rid of her. Anyways, she asked if we could go somewhere quiet, so I agreed, which looking back at it now was probably the stupidest idea ever. And then we were talking and I thought that we were okay and I was just about to go out and find Jordanne when all of a sudden Lindsey grabbed me and kissed me. My guess is that she saw Jordanne and wanted to make her jealous; I didn’t even know she was there until I heard her make that fucking heartbreaking noise and I saw the sadness and anger in her face and I felt like a complete asshole, even though I didn’t do it on purpose. I just wanted to explain it to her and apologize but she won’t even give me the chance. I’ve left so many messages, I don’t know what else to do,” he finished and I was positive that he was telling the truth from the look on his face.

He looked like he felt as bad as Jordanne did. And that was saying something.

“Alright, I believe you. Now you just have to get Jordanne to believe you. I’ll try to talk to her tonight, and you can come over tomorrow and I’ll make sure that she listens to you. Because I don’t want my best friend to be sad anymore and you really do make her happy. Just make sure that nothing like this happens again ok? Or I’ll have to have John punch you again.”

Nick and John both laughed and it seemed like things would be ok from there, as long as Jordanne gave him the chance to explain and believed him.

We left after a couple minutes and John grabbed my hand on the way out to the car, entwining our fingers together.

“Let’s go out somewhere. Somewhere where we’re not trying to beat people up. Somewhere for us,” he said as he pulled me closer to him.

I just nodded and we got in the car, heading somewhere for us.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that this took so long, and sorry it's kind of crap and there's so much dialogue.
I've been having trouble writing on this story.
So if you guys have any suggestions or things that you would like to happen (especially dealing with John and Kahlen), let me know. It might give me more motivation.
And ya know, comments usually give me motivation too. (: