Sequel: Listen to the Thunder
Status: Complete =]

Don't Want to Start a Fight

Eksi.

[Kyle]

So it’s now slap bang in the middle of June, and I’m round Pat’s house with Rian, Caleb and Pat. While they've been here all morning, I’ve only been here an hour because my mom made me tidy my room. Lame. Alex and Jack are busy together doing fuck-knows-what, so they couldn’t be here. They've been together alone quite a lot lately, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re fucking behind our backs. Wait, that’s mean, I didn't meant that. Then again, they are both bisexual and single, so who knows? I think I’d notice if Jack was sleeping with Alex. They slept together once when they both came out as bisexual, so I remember how they looked at each other afterwards. They haven’t slept together since then as far as I know so I think I’d be able to tell. I hope I’d be able to tell. If Jack was sleeping with Alex, I’m pretty sure I’d be heartbroken, regardless of that fact I’m with John. I don’t want anyone sleeping with Jack that isn’t me.

“Earth to Kyle?”

I snapped out of my thoughts to the sound of Rian’s voice, blushing as he, Caleb and Pat started laughing. My bad.

“What were you day dreaming about, Kyle? We’ve been trying to get your attention for a few minutes,” Caleb teased.

“Oh, not much. Just wondering what Jack and Alex are doing,” I said, lying slightly.

“They’ve gone to Alex’s grandma’s for dinner. You know she loves Jack,” Pat shrugged.

“How do you know this and I don’t?” I frowned.

Seriously, how does he know?!

“Oh, I was…sleeping over Zack’s last night and he told me,” Pat said innocently.

“Oh, sleeping over, huh?” Caleb smirked.

“At least I’m getting some,” Pat shot back playfully, blushing deeply.

We all laughed, especially Caleb. It’s rare that Pat has confident moments, but when he does it’s awesome!

“So who’s ready to get their ass kicked on Mario Kart?” Rian asked with a grin.

All of a sudden I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I thought Tim was out…wait, is that John? I was proved right when John and Tim appeared in the doorway.

“Baby, I’m leaving now. Come on,” John smiled.

What?!

“I haven’t been here long though,” I frowned.

“We made plans for today Kyle, you know that. Or have you forgotten?” John accused, raising an eyebrow.

Uh, I’m going to say I’d forgotten? But he can’t know that. That would not make me a good boyfriend. So I shook my head and stood up, smiling weakly at Rian, Caleb and Pat. Rian and Caleb were glaring at me, whereas just Pat just smiled sadly. Well our next meet-up’s going to be fun. Not.

“See you later guys,” I offered.

“Whatever Kyle,” Caleb muttered, rolling his eyes.

I frowned, struggling to hide the pang of hurt that ran through me at his anger. I know Caleb doesn’t really like John, even more now that he knows about my feelings for Jack, but I wish he wouldn’t act like this around my boyfriend. It’s not fair.

“Bye Tim,” I said softly, taking John’s hand in my own.

Tim just nodded, smiling. John tugged my hand and soon enough we were going through the front door.

“Are you okay, Kyle?” John asked quietly, standing still now he’d shut the door behind us.

“Of course I am. Why wouldn’t I be?” I found myself rambling.

“I don’t know. You just seem like you don’t want to spend time with me,” John sighed, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

I inhaled sharply. Wow, he’s observant. Taking both of John’s hands in mine, I looked up at him and smiled reassuringly.

“There isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t want to spend time with you. I just expected to be able to spend some time with my friends too,” I said softly, squeezing his fingers gently.

“We did make plans for today though,” John pouted.

I smiled weakly and pecked a kiss to his lips, before tugging him to his car. The less said about this incident the better. All I know is that my friends won’t be happy at all. I’ve got to make a balance though, right? And besides, apologizing to John is a lot harder than apologizing to my friends, so I think it’s better this way. I think.

*

[Pat]

“Bye Tim,” Kyle said softly, taking John’s hand in his own.

My brother just nodded, smiling. John tugged Kyle’s hand and soon enough they left the room. As soon as the front door shut behind them, we all groaned.

“Hey, I didn’t even know John was coming over, let alone that he was going to take Kyle with him,” Tim said in defense, holding his hands up in surrender.

“If you say so. Doesn’t mean it’s any less irritating,” I said with a weak smile.

“Sorry, but there’s nothing I can do when John’s made his mind up, you know that. I’m heading over to Jared’s now, so call me if you need anything,” Tim chuckled.

I nodded and leant my head back on the sofa. I wish I had Zack here to comfort me right now. I hate it when Kyle ditches us for John, especially when he doesn’t even realize the magnitude of it. And it seems that the ditches are happening more and more often. Damn John. He’s a nice guy and all, and he cares about Kyle, but he is way too possessive for his own good. Way too possessive.

“Fucking O’Callaghan,” Caleb grumbled, scowling.

“It’s Kyle’s fault too, y’know,” Rian responded simply.

“Kyle needs to get his head on straight and decide what he wants,” Caleb muttered.

What does he mean by that?

“What?” Rian asked, confused.

“Don’t worry about it,” Caleb quickly replied, only making me more confused, “you should probably call Zack, Patty boy. He’d want to know about this,”

I chewed my bottom lip, thinking about how badly Zack would react too.

“Yeah, I suppose so,” I sighed.

“Put him on speakerphone?” Rian suggested as I dialed the number I know off by heart.

I nodded silently and pressed the button just as Zack picked up. Rian and Caleb moved to either side of me so Zack would be able to pick up their voices too.

Hey Z,” I said softly, pushing my long hair out of my eyes.

Pat, please tell me you’re not calling for phone sex now?! I have my nana downstairs and she’s not deaf yet so she’ll hear me moaning,” Zack yawned.

I blushed deeply and chuckled nervously. Well that was embarrassing.

Hey Zack!” Rian and Caleb chorused, laughing.

Uh, hi guys. I’m guessing this isn’t about phone sex. Well that’s awkward. So, uh, what’s up?” Zack replied, laughing too.

Rian and Caleb’s laughter stopped abruptly, making Zack fall silent too.

Seriously guys, what’s wrong?” Zack asked. I could almost hear his frown.

Kyle ditched us for John Ohh again,” I announced with a wince, hesitant about how he would respond.

What? Again?!” Zack hissed. Oh great, he’s pissed off already.

He hadn’t even been here an hour before John came down from Tim’s room and pretty much guilt-tripped Kyle into leaving with him,” Rian explained.

What did John guilt trip him with this time?” Zack asked monotonally.

Apparently they made plans that Kyle forgot about. I don’t get it – why does Kyle say he wants to hang out with us when all he does is leave with John?” Caleb growled.

Guys, please, I don’t like bitching about Kyle,” I said sadly.

Zack sighed, as did Caleb and Rian.

Sorry, Pat,” Zack mumbled.

Me too,” Rian said with a weak smile, Caleb agreeing.

I just wish he wouldn’t do it, that’s all,” Zack added.

I wish he wouldn’t either, but unless he suddenly comes to his senses, he’s always going to pick John over us. And I don’t know how much longer I can take it,” I whispered.

No-one said anything for a second, making me even sadder. Kyle’s meant to be my best friend – he shouldn’t be making me as upset as this!

I’m gonna tell my mom that you’re not feeling well and you need me to take care of you because Tim’s not home. My nana is here for a few more days so I can see her later,” Zack announced suddenly.

You’d do that for me?” I asked shyly, blushing as Rian and Caleb wriggled their eyebrows.

Of course! Besides, I haven’t seen Dumb and Dipshit in a few days, so it’ll be fun,” Zack chuckled.

Hey!” Rian protested, although he had a grin on his face like Caleb did.

I’ll see you in less than 15 minutes,” Zack promised.

Okay,” I said softly.

I bit my bottom lip as I hit the ‘end call’ button, sliding my phone back into my pocket. Well this wasn’t how I expected today to go at all.

“Don’t be so down, Pat. Zack will cheer you up,” Rian soothed.

“Yeah, I know. I just wish Kyle wasn’t so blind,” I sighed, running my hands through my hair.

“I wish he wasn’t so stubborn,” Caleb muttered under his breath. I’m pretty sure he didn’t mean for us to hear that. But what does he mean?

“Come on, let’s order a pizza,” Rian said cheerfully, standing up.

I accepted his hand helping me up, trudging behind him towards the kitchen. Zack likes double pepperoni, so I’d better get one of them. At least this afternoon can be salvaged, I hope. At least I have Zack to help me.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I hope you all had a brilliant night, because I know I did!

So this is an important chapter, because it shows how everyone is getting affected by John and Kyle...
However, the next chapter contains a shock that will change everything.

Thank you to everyone that commented! Please keep your feedback coming =]

LuBearr;
TooLateTheHero
revengefulvampire
nicholas joseph;
dinosaursgorawr
Nytestalker
IntentToStartAFire
Lost.In.Stereo
BlueJay

xo