Status: Give It A Try :)

There's Always a Catch

T W E L V E

The next few days dragged, Paul kept calling and texting, I ignored every single one, with great difficulty.

I was confused, hurt and stressed. School was stressing me out, with tests and stuff. I hadn’t spoken to the Cullen’s in a while, in fact I hadn’t spoken to anyone much.

I was nearing 22 weeks now. I decided I needed to cheer myself up. It was Friday again and I decided to go to Port Angeles after school, I needed to start baby shopping.
So after school, I quickly got to my truck before Bella or someone spoke to me.
I drove their instantly, enjoying the quiet drive, I had a wander around, wincing at the price tags. I had some money in my bank, it was inheritance from a distant relative who only had cats as family. If I played it right, I would have enough until I could get a job.
I picked up things, admiring them. The shop lady looking at me weirdly. I rolled my eyes and picked up some clothes that would look adorable on a new born baby. It was pink though and I had no idea what gender my baby was. I suddenly wanted to know.

I whipped out my phone and called Carlisle “Hello Casey?” he asks and I didn’t question how he knew it was me. Caller ID was on his phone most likely.
“Hi Carlisle, I was wondering if you could tell me gender what my baby is” I say firmly. Carlisle shifted or something, as a sound was heard.

“I’ll meet you at the hospital if you like, a cancellation has just been done. Ill do you a quick scan and tell you” Carlisle says.

“Great, I’ll be there soon” I say, and hang up, and leaving the shop. I drove back to Forks and went straight to the hospital. I signed myself in and went to his office. Carlisle was already there, sitting properly and writing something.
He glanced up and gave me a welcoming smile. “Lovely to see you again Casey. Paul not with you?” he asks softly. I cringe at Paul’s name.

“Not today, no” I say and Carlisle nods, not pressing the matter anymore.
“Shall we find out then?” he asks and I nod, feeling excited.
We go into the usual room that I beginning to come very familiar with, Carlisle does the normal routine and soon my baby was on the screen.

“You sure?” Carlisle asks, noticing my apprehension. I nod quickly, closing my eyes and waiting.

“Congratulations Casey. You’re having a baby girl” Carlisle says warmly.
My eyes shot open, tears brimming. “A girl?” I choke, sniffing loudly. Carlisle nods and I smile gratefully.
“I’m having a daughter” I whisper, and Carlisle wipes the gel off my bare stomach. I rub my stomach gently.

“My beautiful baby girl” I whisper, staring at the bulging stomach.

After thanking Carlisle for seeing me such short notice. I left and made my way home. When I got in the phone rang again, I quickly answered.

“Hello?” I say, out of breath.
“….” no reply.
“Hello?” I say a bit more loudly.
Still no reply.
“Who is this?” I ask, getting annoyed and freaked out.
Click. They hung up. I immediately felt paranoid. It was just some prank caller probably. No need to worry right?

That night, I settled down in front of the television, snacking on food that I didn’t need and wallowing in my self-pity. I fell asleep that night, with the lights on.

--
I was awoke my phone ringing and without thinking, I answered it.
“Hello?” I answer groggily.
“Casey” the voice of Paul says, and I sigh heavily.
“Paul-” I say but Paul cuts me off.
“Please, give me a chance to explain. I need to see you Casey” he begs. I dreamt of Paul last night, we were sitting on the beach. I wasn’t pregnant, but I was happy in his arms.
I missed Paul, I really missed him and I wanted to tell him I was expecting a daughter.

“Come round in an hour” I say simply and hang up. I decide to get up and get ready and tidy up slightly, mentally preparing myself for Paul.

Within the hour, on the dot. Paul arrived, carrying another bunch of beautiful flowers. I answered the door. Paul gave me a small, guilty smile. I nodded my head for him to come in and he does. I close the door behind him.

“For you” he tells me, handing me the beautiful bunch of red carnations. I must admit, he had a taste in flowers.
“Thank you, their beautiful” I say, smelling the sweet scent of them.
“Can we talk?” Paul asks me, I nod tightly and go into the kitchen, Paul closely following.
“Talk then” I say, as I make myself a bagel, I offer Paul but he declines.

“I know you’re shocked and hurt and everything but I’m not lying. I’m truly not Casey, I can prove it” Paul says, softly. I stopped chewing.
“Prove it?” I asked, covering my mouth as I had food in there.

“Yes. Come with me” Paul urges. I swallow and put my bagel down, Paul takes my hand and I dismissively take it. Paul takes me outside and I wish I wore a coat. We walked around the back, walking into the forest.

“Paul, where are we going?” I demand, Paul didn’t say anything and continued to drag me into the forest.

“Stay here” Paul says and he walked away from me, taking off his thin t-shirt as he did so.

“What the hell you doing?” I watch as he began to take off his shorts, I immediately look away, giving him some privacy. I suddenly hear a large growl and the snapping, I meekly opened my eyes and my mouth dropped.
A grey wolf, with Paul’s big brown eyes stared back at me.

“Paul?” I squeak, completely confused. The wolf growled lowly, as if it was speaking to me. I felt shaky at my knees and lower myself to the floor, breathing deeply.
“You’re not lying” I state and the wolf growls softly, as if agreeing with me.

I instantly felt guilty. “I’m sorry” I whisper, staring at the furry wolf in front of me. E couldn’t be evil, he didn’t look evil. He wasn’t a monster.

The wolf nodded, I got up suddenly and walked towards Paul, he warily watched me and I stroked his large head, between his eyes and Paul made a appreciative growling noise.

“For a wolf, you’re pretty cute” I tease and Paul make a barking laugh sound, which made me jump. Paul turned around an walked back into bushes, he comes out, with his shorts on and pulling the shirt over his head.

“See? I’m not lying” murmurs Paul, coming close to me.
“I know. I’m sorry. I just…I can’t believe it. You, Leah, the guys are wolves” I state. Paul smiles softly.
“Shapeshifters” he corrects. I roll my eyes cheekily “Does it matter? You’re still a wolf. A big wolf” I say, it sounded insane out loud.

“I know, but it doesn’t change anything Casey. I wasn’t lying either when I said I imprinted on you. I am in love with you and I think I would be even if I didn’t imprint. You’re amazing Casey, can’t you see that?” Paul tells me passionately, coming closer and closer until he could wrap his arms around me, bringing me close. My daughter between us.

I felt the tears well up again, god all I seem to do lately is cry. Paul smiles gently and wipes away my tears with his warm thumb.

“I love you” he tells me, he sounded relieved and happy. He had kept it inside for so long and he had finally told me.

It took a while for the words to sink in, for me to understand that I was loved. Paul loves me. He’s told me multiple times and he means it. I knew I loved him, I have for some time. I could trust him couldn’t I?

But I had already took the risk, I had done it before and look where it got me. I had to take my time and think about this.

“I know. Just give me time, please?” I ask him, hoping he wouldn’t feel rejected. Paul nods, our heads almost touching.
“I’ll wait for as long as you need. I’ll never stop loving you Casey. I’m here for life” Paul tells me and I close my eyes, blinking the last of my tears. As I felt him come closer, I shouldn’t let this happen. It would change everything.

I shouldn’t for the sake of my own feeling.
I shouldn’t for my own heart.
I shouldn’t for my baby.
Yet, I did it.

Our lips touches lightly, the electric sparks swelled through me, down to my toes and back again. His grip around my body tightened as he brought my closer. Our lips connected, he kisses me stronger. As our mouths opened, our tongues touching, I knew that it was too late. I couldn’ go back now. I was in love with him. My stupid heart had made it’s decision.

I pulled away slightly, leaning my head against his, his eyes searching mine, a bright smile on his face. “Casey” he whispers. I give a weak smile back, feeling full of confusion.
I tried to think of something, something romantic or something that would suit the mood and fix everything, something that would make him remember this moment forever. All I could come up with was:

“Paul, I’m having a daughter” I blurt out. Paul’s eyes widen with awe, and much to my surprise, his smile widened.

Relief washed over me, as I saw how well he was taking it. Paul held me close, we just stood there, staring at each other, thinking of the right words to say.
There was nothing to say, as far as I was concerned, no words were needed as this moment was perfect. Absolutely perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
romantic chapter?
I thought they deserved a kiss finally! :')
What you think? <3