‹ Prequel: The Prince
Status: COMPLETE; in process of rewriting

A Little Bit of Love and Laughter

"One Last Chance"

Things hadn’t been the same since that fight. For starters, I was alone. I had lost both a boyfriend and a best friend. Even George wasn’t the same with his other half still healing up from a fist fight that never should’ve happened in the first place.

“I don’t blame you, Em,” he said to me at dinner the day of the fight. “Fred’s just… like that. Impulsive. Protective. Bloke’s a riot when it comes to jokes and pranks, but he can be really serious. I’m sure you knew that already though.” I nodded, and he continued, “Well, if it had been mainly me against Roger, I probably would’ve been where Fred is. I tried to help, but he wouldn’t have it. But nobody blames you, Em. Don’t feel so bloody awful about it.”

“If I hadn’t made such a big deal about the whole thing, it never would’ve happened,” I sighed.

~*~

A few days later, Fred was released from the hospital wing, stil a bit wobbly on his legs from having lain in bed for so long. I helped him hobble down the corridor. On the way, we passed Roger, who was also on his way to the Great Hall. When he saw Fred’s arm draped over my shoulders, he rolled his eyes. “Should’ve known that was what that whole stupid argument was about.”

“Frankly, Roger, it’s none of your concern.”

Scoffing, he replied, “And you were upset about the incident with Fleur. That wasn’t even my fault. You don’t think I didn’t know about your little snogging session with him?” He had his finger pointed accusingly at Fred.

“That was different. I had no commitment whatsoever to either of you. I was free to snog whomever I damn well pleased!”

Roger’s face fell a bit, and he sighed. “Listen, the thing with Fleur was really just a big misunderstanding. I didn’t want to snog her, but she caught me completely unawares. I never would’ve done that to you; I respect you far too much.”

“What a joke,” Fred groaned.

“And, well, if you’re willing to, I’d love it if you gave me another chance with you.”

I wasn’t entirely convinced. “Why should I?”

“Because,” Roger began, “I really like you. You’re pretty and you’re smart.”

“Got a great sense of humour,” Fred added from behind, causing me to turn red.

“That too.”

“And that smile,” Fred continued. “And those eyes.”

Roger said, “There’s just something about you that makes you special.”

Everything about her is special,” argued Fred.

“So, what do you say?” Roger asked with a grin, blatantly ignoring the comments of his counterpart. “Be with me again?”

I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know if I even wanted to be with Roger again. I turned to Fred, who simply shrugged in defeat.

I had hoped that he would’ve given me a clearer answer than that. Anything more than that. But I took it to mean that there wouldn’t be any harm in it. “All right,” I replied. “One last chance.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. :)
I had a ton of work to do with school, but now that I'm exempt from my final exams, I'll have two days to write! (Potentially more if we get snow)
Let me know what you think/ what you'd like to see. Comments are appreciated! Subscribe & recommend.

xoxo,
Chrissie