What If I Never Hold You?

Kids?

"So I wonder how Matt's date is going?" Zacky asked in a whisper.
"I don't know." I answered as we stood back. We were watching Abby and Hayden watch Finding Nemo. I laughed as Dory freaked out because Marvin was following her. But Abby and Hayden were laughing hard. So I felt better about laughing. I felt Zacky's eyes watching me. Now Val had found a way inside my head to tell me things no one else can hear.
"You still don't care who thinks what about you do you Kass?" Zacky asked
"Nope" I answered.

He smiled and I turned my attention back to watching Abby and Hayden. I was just waiting for Val to have some smart remark about what was going on from inside my head. Zacky and I had always just kind of clicked. It was at this moment when I realized what was really going on.
"Ill be right back." I whispered to Zacky then slipped away into the kitchen.
"Val come out of my head." I said. Val appeared in front of me.
"What?" She asked as if she didn't already know.
"You aren't here to just make sure Matt finds someone are you?" I questioned with wide eyes.
"Well maybe not just Matt." She responded.
"Val! No! It would never work." I sighed.
"Who said anything about you and Zacky. You two just like each other, not love each other." She informed me, then disappeared.

Now I was really confused. When I went back into the living room Zacky was sitting next to Hayden. I sat down next to Abby. What had Val meant by that comment about who said anything about Zacky and I. I stopped and thought about it. Who else was there? All the other guys had girlfriends. Well except Matt, but he didn't count. We heard a car drive up. Soon the door was being unlocked by a key and then it opened. Matt appeared followed by a the women from the picture.

"Daddy!" Abby and Hayden yelled running towards Matt.
"Hey guys." He said scooping one up in each arm.
"Everybody this is Rin" Matt said.
"Hi" We all told her.
"Hi" She responded.
"Rin this is Abby and Hayden." Matt told her.

A few minutes later she left. That hadn't went well when she met the kids. Zacky left before I did. Abby and Hayden went to play in there rooms.
"How bad was it?" I asked as Matt walked around the kitchen.
"Horrible. Well it went good until I told her about Abby and Hayden." He answered.
"Matt how about I cook you guys dinner tonight?" I asked.
"No Kass, it's fine." Matt responded.
"Matt just let me." I told him. He watched as I began cooking.
"Thanks Kass." He said.
"Anytime." I responded.

When the food was done Abby and Hayden appeared. After they went back up to their rooms I helped Matt do the dishes.
"You know, you are really good at this whole cooking thing." Matt informed me.
"Thanks." I responded. We looked at the clock.
"I better get going." I announced.
"Okay." Matt replied.
"Can I go tell the twins bye?" I asked
"Yeah" He answered. I went up stairs and knocked on Hayden's door.
"Bye kiddo." I said hugging him.
"Bye Kassi." He responded. I found Abby in the next room.
"Bye sweetie." I told her as she gave me a big hug.
"Bye Kass" She responded.