Status: Done

Illegal Love.

Chapter 18

When Emmy wakes me up again he tries to make me get out of bed to eat something. My tummy feels like it's ready to eat but the rest of my body hurts. It hurts all over. 

"Emmy, can't I just stay here?" I mumble, rolling over and burring myself further beneath the blankets.

"No, Bug. You gotta stretch those muscles. C'mon, all you have to do is walk to the couch an you can stay there the rest of the day." He persists. He grabs my arm and pulls me onto my feet. I sway and stumble but before I fall Emeryk grabs me around the waist, looking down at me worriedly. "Are you okay?" 

I shut my eyes tightly and nod. He helps me move to the top of the stairs and allows me to climb onto his back for the rest of the way. 

"I'm so sorry Emmy." I whisper, kissing his neck. 

"I know. Don't worry about that right now. Focus all your energy on getting better. I hate seeing you so sick." He murmurs, setting me back against the cushions. 

I unwrap my legs from around his waist but keep my arms locked around his neck. "Are you still mad at me?" I whisper.

He looks over my face for a second before his eyes melt. "Bug, I love you. It was scary seeing you kissing another guy. I thought I'd lost you. No one else could ever mean anything close to what you mean to me." 

I lean up and attach my lips to his. "I love you too, Emmy. You'll never loose me." 

He smiles and pecks my lips one more time before pulling away and heading into the kitchen. 

A frown settles on my lips. If he was scared of loosing me then why'd he go and kiss Nick? Why wouldn't he just talk to me about it? I mean, I guess Emmy's never been one to open up and talk about something if it makes him upset but I can always get him to talk. 

Maybe he doesn't want to talk to me this time. Maybe he's rethinking this relationship. I can't let him! I can't loose him! He's always been here for me and I refuse to think about what it would be like without him. I need to make him see that I really do love him. That I'm worth it. 

Suddenly there's a knock on the door. "Bug, you stay on that couch. I'll get it." Emeryk commands. I watch as he passes the living room and listen intently to find out who it is. 

I hear the familiar creek of the front door as it opens. "What're you doing here?" Emmy growls. 

"I'm here to make sure Alexis is okay." Jacob replies. "After what happened yesterday and the fact that he wasn't in school I got worried." 

"He's fine. He's sick." 

"Are you sure he's sick and it's not something else keeping him here?" Jakey asks angrily. 

Uh oh. This can't be good. I start to stand up but it's a slow process. 

"Are you suggesting that'd I'd do something to him to make him stay here?" Emeryk asks, voice raised in fury. 

"Well you looked pretty pissed yesterday! Who knows what the fuck you did to him!" I get to the doorway just in time to see Emmy slam his fist into Jacobs face. 

I scream and run between them. "Stop it!" 

Emeryk gently pushes me away and grabs Jacobs collar. "Don't you dare think that I would ever touch Alexis like that. I love him." 

Jake stares at him defiantly before looking over at me. "Are you okay?" 

"I really am sick, Jakey." I murmur hoarsely. "Emmy didn't do anything. He's been taking care of me." I walk over and wrap my arms around Emmy's waist and urge him to let go of Jacob.

"Okay. Look, Emeryk. You have every right to be pissed at me. I kissed your...boyfriend. Just, don't be upset at Alexis. He didn't do anything. He didn't even kiss me back." Jacob explains. 

Emeryks hard gaze softens at the apology. "Why'd you do it then?" 

Jakey shrugs. "I don't know. We were talking about stuff and I couldn't help it. It was wrong and I'm sorry. Alexis, I'd still like to be friends, if that's okay?" 

"Jakey! Of course!" I squeal. "Why wouldn't we still be friends?" 

"Uhm, because it's not normal to randomly kiss ones best friend." He blushes.

"It's also not normal to be dating your brother." Emmy points out walking back to the kitchen. 

We laugh and Jakob agrees to stay to watch a movie with us. He sits on the couch as I go to the kitchen to check on Emmy. He's making me a grilled cheese with ham and tomatoes and lettuce and oh my, he's the best cook ever. 

"Are you okay with Jacob staying?" I ask quietly. 

He sighs and turns towards me. "I don't love it but if you want him to stay then he can." 

"But are you okay with it? If you don't want me to be friends with him anymore...I won't be." I say, looking down. 

He lifts my face and my eyes meet his. "You would do that for me?" I nod and he crushes me in a hug. "You don't have to. It's enough knowing that you would." He leans down and presses his lips to mine in a heated kiss. 

"Emeryk! You're gonna get sick!" 

"I don't care. Now go lay back down. I'll bring you food and we can all watch The Little Mermaid." 

I squeal and rush back to the couch. That's my absolute favorite movie! It had such a happy ending and it gives me butterflies. It gives me hope that me an Emmy will work despite the evil 'Ursala' of problems that we seem to have. 
♠ ♠ ♠
This can either be something good or something bad.
I already know which it's gonna be.
Do you?
Comment with your thoughts!

1) Will you be watching the Super Bowl or the Puppy Bowl?
2) MCR's song SING will be on Glee next Tuesday. Excited or disappointed? (I'm excited, personally).
3) Do you prefer A Day To Remember or Linkin Park?