Status: Done

Illegal Love.

Chapter 20

It's mighty cold outside but I don't mind much. I could tell Emmy didn't particularly want to drive me all the way to school and all the way back. 

He shouldn't have even gotten up to wake me up or to make me breakfast. He doesn't have to. He's such a good brother and an amazing boyfriend. I don't wanna loose him. 

"Alexis? Hey! Alexis!" 

I stop and turn to my right where I'm met by the sight of a very confused Jacob looking at me from the passenger side of his car. "Hey, Jakey." 

"What're you doing out there? Hop in." He instructs. I open the door, sliding in as he starts driving once more. "Why were you walking? Why isn't Emeryk driving you?" 

"I didn't want him to go out of his way." I murmur, looking out the window. 

"Seriously, Lex? He's your brother. AND your boyfriend. He's supposed to go out of his way. If not twice as much just because of that fact. He can't treat you like shit." He says almost angrily. 

I snap my head around and glare at him. "He doesn't treat me like shit! Emmy is the best in the world. I told him not to drive me because if he does to much for me he might feel like I'm nothing but needy." I finally admit. "He's perfect and I have to be perfect too." 

"That's so fucking stupid and you know it." Jacob growls. By this time we've pulled into the school parking lot. 

He's wrong though. It's not stupid, it's true.

Emeryk kissed Nick which means that he wants someone like Nick. Lets face it, Nick is really hot and and almost perfect. Everyone wants him. 

I need to be better than him if I want to keep Emmy as my own. I need to be perfect. 

School is really hard and confusing today because of the fact that I've missed almost a full week since everything thats happened.

All of the make up work makes my backpack really heavy and Jacob ends up having to carry it for me. He doesn't mind though. I think he feels kinda guilty about making me angry earlier. 

After the final bell rings, Jakey drives me home and apologizes one last time before I get out of the car. 

"Bug? Is that you?" Emmy asks as soon as I step inside. My heart swells at the though that he wants me here. 

"Yeah." I call in reply. 

He appears in the doorway of the living room with one hand buried deeply in his messy hair and the other running across his chest. My mouth goes dry and all I want to do is touch him. 

"Hey." He smiles, leaning against the wall and watching me as I slide off my coat and shoes. "I missed you." 

I look up at him as he walks over and pulls me into a hug. "Really? I missed you too." 

He pulls away and looks at me curiously before lifting my face with his long lean fingers and pressing his lips to mine. "Yes, really. What's up with you today?"

"N-nothing. Maybe it's just because I was sick?" I offer, hoping he'll accept it as an answer.

"Yeah, maybe." His face clearly shows disbelief but he just leans down and kisses me once again. "Do you want to go out with me this evening? Maybe go see a movie and have dinner? I really need to get out of this house." 

I shouldn't. I can't. I have tons of make-up work that I need to do .....but he wants to go out and he wants to go out with me. How can I decline? "Y-yeah. I'd love to." 

"Are you sure? You don't sound sure." He asks worriedly. 

I lean up on my tippy toes and kiss his jaw line. "I'm sure. I'll just go get ready." 

"Bug, you already look amazing." He laughs, stopping me from moving. "You just stay here and I'll go get a shirt and a brush." He chuckles. 

I almost protest because he just looks so amazing without a shirt and messy hair but I don't and let him go get dressed. I wish I could follow him and watch but that might be a little creepy. I don't want him to think I'm creepy, though I don't think he'd mind it too much. 

A few minutes later he comes down looking like a god and I blush. I just wish I could be half as perfect as he is. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So maybe we understand why he's been acting weird, yeah?
What's Emmy gonna do if he finds out?

Comment with your answer!