Status: Short story.

Wildflowers.

Homesick.

I flipped the crisp page on the book that was in my lap. Intrigued to find out what was going to happen next. I let my eyes run through the page taking in every word my eyes came upon. Every since I was younger I always loved reading. Something out of the ordinary for someone like me, someone who could never sit still. My leg bouncing up and down and my fingers tapping on the page to some strange beat I had in mind but still allowing all my concentration on the book that was placed in front of me. But once that door squeaked open and slammed shut I tried my best not to look up but keep concentrated.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t know if anyone was in here.”

My head popped up at that soft and gently voice. And once my eyes were met with those hazel ones I felt my body go numb. I wasn’t able to speak but stare up at this beautiful girl.

“Pat right?”

She knows my name? I nodded my head as she gave me a smile before tugging down on her Harry Potter shirt that was riding up on her thin frame.

“I’m Rebecca”, she said putting out her hand, the yellow nail polish standing out. “But you can call me Becca”, she said with a shrug.

I looked down at her hand noticing a tattoo on her index finger, a light saber inked on her beautiful skin. I gave her a smile before moving my hand to take it in mine. Right when our hands touched I felt my body go up in flames. I reluctantly let go of her soft hand, I didn’t want to seem like some kind of freak.

“Is it okay if I sit down?”

I nodded my head as she gave me a warm smile taking a seat across from me. I couldn’t keep my eyes off of her and thankfully she didn’t notice.

“What are you doing here all alone?”

“I could ask you the same thing”, I said finally able to find my voice.

“And he talks!” she said with a satisfied smile. “And I needed some peace and quiet. Now it’s your turn.”

“The same”, I said with a smile. “I don’t really get enough time alone with all the guys here, so when I do I really enjoy it.”

“Oh”, she said looking over at me, a sudden change in her attitude. “I’m not bugging you right? Fuck, sorry I’ll leave you alone.”

“No it’s fine.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah”, I said with a small laugh. “Besides having new company is always nice.”

“I know what you mean. I’m mostly lonely on this tour, I don’t really know anyone.”

“I’m sorry.”

“No it’s fine”, she said with a laugh. “I really like meeting new people, it just gets lonely sometimes.”

“I know what you mean, I get lonely too. Homesick.”

“I feel you on that, I really miss my Mom.”

“Me too”, I said with a laugh.

Her hazel eyes were burning into mine and all I could do was stare into them. We were looking at each other for a good couple of seconds before the door was pulled open. I pulled myself away from her glance and saw John standing there. A smile was planted on his face as he stared down at Rebecca. I watched Rebecca give him a sweet smile.

“Are you ready beautiful?”

“Yes”, she said with a smile before standing up. “By Pat, it was nice talking to you and actually meeting you.”

“You too.”

She gave me a warm smile before walking towards the door her arm linked with John’s. I watched them walk out the door, John turning to look at me with a smirk before the door shut closed. I looked at the closed door before letting my eyes wonder down to the book on my lap. I looked down at the lines of words but I wasn’t able to recognize a single word. My thoughts were only on Rebecca and John. I finally let it get the best of me, I slammed shut the book before walking out of the bus.

“Pat!”

I turned around and saw Jared running up to me with a smile. I stopped and waited for the
red head to catch up to me. I gave him a fake smile as he got closer to me.

“Did you see the babe John was with?”

“You mean Rebecca?”

“Whatever her name is”, he said with a laugh. “John’s totally going to get some.”

I looked over at him feeling my heart break, Jared looked over at me strangely before snapping his fingers together and pointing over at me.

“You like her.”

“Who?”

“John’s girl.”

“You know she has a name”, I spat making Jared back up with his hands up, a laugh escaping his mouth.

“Calm down Pat”, he said making me look back down trying my hardest to calm myself. “You like her huh?”

“I don’t know her enough to like her.”

“You like her man.”

“So?”

“I’m just pointing out the obvious”, he said with a laugh. “John’s going to try and have sex with her.”

“I know.”

“And she probably will have sex with him.”

“She’s not that type of girl.”

“You don’t know her”, he said looking at me, pushing my buttons. Something Jared loved to do with everyone. “How do you know?”

“I just know”, I said looking over at him as my thoughts were back on Rebecca and how
beautiful she was. “She’s different.”

“I’m sure she is Pat, but that’s not going to stop John from trying.”

“I know.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another one.
So there is going to be about 5 chapters to this story, maybe less (:

Tell me what you think?