‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Careful What You Wish For

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
“It just doesn't make any sense, guys” Sam started.

“Yea, why would Uriel tell us you remembered Hell if you didn't? And why would he tell us to ask about your dreams, Mel? You said you’ve only been having dreams about the past with me, Sam and Dean and all that” Brit added.

“I know I said that…” I said lightly and nodded. “Maybe because he's a dick. Might have something to do with it” Dean said quickly.

Right now, we were all in a bar and I really hated lying about my dreams to Brit and Sam…it made me feel like a hypocrite. “Maybe, but he's still an angel” Sam said.

“Yeah, an angel who was ready to level an entire town. Look, I don't know what…”

Then, the very upbeat, cheerful, annoying waiter came back. “Radical. What else can I get you guys and your ladies”

“Uh, I think we're good” Brit said.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah” Sam confirmed.

“You want to try a couple of fryer bombs Or a chipotle chili changa?”

“No, no, we're still good” Dean said. “Okay, awesome” the waiter said and he walked away.

Damn waiter…. “Guys, really. We have no idea why Uriel told you what he did” I said, trying to be convincing. “Right” Sam rolled his eyes. “What?” Dean asked.

“Okay. Fine. Then look me in the eye and tell me you don't remember a thing from your time down under”

Dean leaned forward to stare Sam right in the eye. “I don't remember a thing from my time down under” he said and I did my best to keep eye contact with Brit cause I knew if I lost it then she would know I knew something she didn’t. “I don't remember, Sam!”

“Look, Dean, I just want to help”

“You know everything I do. Okay? That's all there is”

Then, the waiter came back over. “Outstanding. Dessert time? Huh? Am I right? Listen, bros. Sistas. You have got to try our ice cream extreme. It's extreme”

“Dude! No! No extremities! Please, just the check” I burst.

They all stared at me…but the dude just kept his big grin on his face. “Check? All right, awesome” he said and walked away.

I sighed as my leg started to shake up and down. “All right, so, where do we go from here?” Dean asked.

“I'm not sure. Uh, looks like it's been pretty quiet lately. No signs of demon activity, no omens or portents I can see”

“That's good news for once” I voiced. “Yeah, just the typical smattering of crank UFO sightings and one possible vengeful spirit” Brit commented.

Then, Sam turned his laptop around so Dean and I could see the screen. “Here, check this out…up in concrete, Washington, eyewitness reports of a ghost that's been haunting the showers of a women's health facility…”

That’s when Dean started choking on his beer. “The victim claims that the ghost threw her down a flight of stairs. I can see you're very interested” Brit finished. “Women, showers. We got to save these people” Dean said, slapping some money down on the table.

I rolled my eyes as he got up and left. I saw Sam and Brit smirking and grinning at me. “That’s the guy you’re so in love with” Brit stated. “He’s my brother and I love the guy and all but you can do better, Mel” Sam joked.

“Ha. Ha. Funny…I am not in love with him. I am over him” I said and stood to walk out. They followed as they eyed me. “I am” I said and just ignored their stares.

~

Dean and I went to the Impala as I gave Brit the keys for her and Sam to take the truck. We agreed that while they went to a nearby Chinese place to talk to a woman who had a run-in with this ghost, Dean and I would go check out the health facility.

“Dean, I don’t like lying to Brittney and Sam” I said, monotonously, keeping my head forward.

“But you’re doing it because I’m asking you to…I don’t want them to know…”

“I don’t know why…”

“Because I just don’t Melissa!” he snapped and I turned my head to look at him as he had this frustrated look on his face.

“Okay…okay, I’m sorry. I wont say anything” I promised, looking back at the road.

“Okay…good”

“Yea…good”

“Fine” he snapped. “Fine” I snapped back and we started having a staring contest but then we stopped so he would keep his eyes on the friggin road. The rest of the ride was silent.

The health facility was clean. It had no EMF or anything. Sam and Brit met up with us and told us that the ‘ghost’ apparently pushed the woman down the stairs. “I got to tell you, I'm pretty disappointed” Dean said as we were walking around.

“You wanted to save naked women” Brit stated.

“Damn right I wanted to save some naked women…it would’ve been the only naked women I’ve seen lately” Dean hissed in my ear and I guess it was supposed to be him trying to guilt trip me or something.

I just smirked smugly at him and he glared slightly. But, our stare off got interrupted when a little boy went running passed us and three other boys that were bigger than him were chasing after him.

“Run, Forrest, run!” Dean called after him and Brit and I both smacked him upside the head.

He gave us an innocent what the hell look but then we heard some guy arguing with a police officer…and of course, we just had to check it out. The guy…whose name was Gus…was babbling about how something grabbed him from behind and threw him into a tree…and he was babbling about how it was Bigfoot. How it left huge tracks in the woods…so that’s where we headed. We got the crazy guy…sorry…we got Gus to tell us where the tracks were.

“What the hell's going on in this town? First there's a ghost that's not real and now a Bigfoot sighting?” Dean commented. “Well, every hunter worth his salt knows Bigfoot's a hoax” Sam said.

“Well, maybe somebody's pumping LSD into the town water supply” I quipped and Dean gave me a look. “You know you were thinking it”

“Yea, well that’s what scares me” he muttered and I pretend to not hear him…but he knew I heard.

“Okay, what do you suppose made that?” Brit voiced and we all looked to see her looking down at a huge footprint. “That, uh...is a big foot” Sam stated. We all just stared at it for a bit and then we saw some more footprints and we started to follow them.

We followed them to a liquor store. The footprints were muddy as they led into the store so we walked inside and the inside was kind of a wreck. "So, what, Bigfoot breaks into a liquor store, Jonesing for some hooch Amaretto and Irish cream. He's a girl-Drink drunk” Dean commented as we just looked around seeing some booze bottles were on the floor and then there was a wrecked shelf where a lot of magazines were missing.

“He took the whole porno rack?” I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows.

Brit pulled off a clump of brown fur that was on the rack. “Well, I'll say it again. What the hell is going on in this town?” Dean said for the second time.

We continued to look around. “I got nothing”

“It's got to be a joke, right? Some big-ass mother in a gorilla suit?” Brit wondered. “Or it's a Bigfoot and he's some kind of a alcoholo-Porno addict” I suggested loosly. “Kind of like a deep-Woods Duchovny” Dean said.

Then, we all walked out of the store and a little girl went riding by on her little pink bike and a magazine fell from her basket behind her and it landed in front of Dean. It was a porno mag.

“A little young for busty Asian beauties” Dean commented.

So, being the discreet hunters that we are, we followed the little girl to a small two story house and we knocked on the door. “What's this, like a ‘Harry and the Hendersons’ deal?” Dean quipped.

The little girl answered the door. “Hello?”

“Hi there sweetie, umm could we…hey, are your parents home?” I asked her, bending to her level.

I may be a bitch sometimes and I may be poster child for depression and being miserable but I loved kids…sometimes…guess it depends on my mood. “Nope”

“No” Sam repeated.

“No. Um...have you seen a really, really furry…” Dean started. “Is he in trouble?!” the little girl asked in slight panic.

“No. No, no, no. Not at all. We just…we wanted to make sure he was okay” Brit assured her.

I may like kids sometimes…but kids loved her all times…she just had that…nurturing and loving look I guess. “Exactly” we all agreed.

He's my teddy bear. I think he's sick”

“Wow…” Dean started but I nudged him.

“That’s great because uhh ya know what? We’re umm…we’re…”

“Teddy bear doctors” Dean filled in for me and I gave him a look.

“Right…umm we’re…teddy bear doctors” I said with the mockery in my tone directed at Dean. “Really? Can you please take a look at him?” the little girl asked with hope. “Sure” Sam said. “Of course sweetie. Show the way” Brit smiled at her.

“He's in my bedroom. He's pretty grumpy” the little girl said as she led us inside and up the stairs. She knocked on a door. “Teddy? There's some nice doctors here to see you" she said and opened the door slightly.

Wanna know what we saw? A giant teddy bear sitting in a rocking chair, watching TV. “Close the friggin' door!” he barked and I jumped a little as I saw Brit did the same.

We exchanged a look of surprise because damn straight we were surprised. “See what I mean?” the little girl said with a sad tone.

Dean, Sam, Brit and I just all exchanged looks. “All I ever wanted was a teddy which was big, real, and talked. But now he's sad all the time not ‘ouch’ sad, but ouch-in-the-head sad. Says weird stuff, and smells like the bus”

“Um little girl…” Dean started. “Audrey!” she corrected him. “Audrey how did your teddy become real?” I asked quickly. “I wished for it” she shrugged. “You wished for it?” Sam asked. “At the wishing well” she nodded.

Brit opened the door again, slowly with this disbelief look on her face…but we were all in disbelief. We all saw the giant teddy bear again, watching the news on TV. “Look at this. You believe this crap?” he chuckled without humor…it was actually a very sad chuckle.

His mouth moved and everything…it was actually kind of creepy. “Umm not really” Brit spoke.

“It is a terrible world. Why am I here?!”

“For tea parties!” Audrey claimed.

“Tea parties? Is that all there is?”

“Audrey, give us a second, okay? Okay" Sam said and we all walked a little bit down the hallway and huddled together.

“Are we...should we...are we gonna kill this teddy bear?” Sam asked. “How would we? Do we shoot it? Burn it?” I asked.

“I don't know…both?”

“How do we even know that's gonna work? I don't want some giant, flaming, pissed-Off teddy on our hands” Dean said. “Yeah. Besides, I get the feeling that the bear isn't really the, you know, core problem here” Brit said.

I nodded. “Audrey, where are your parents?” I asked her.

“My mom wished they were in Bali, so I think they're in Bali”

“Okay, well...I'm really sorry to have to break this to you, but…” Sam started. “Your bear is sick. Yeah, he's…he's got…” Brit added. “Lollipop disease” Dean finished. I sighed. Yet, another brilliant remark from Dean Winchester ladies and gentlemen.

“Lollipop disease” Sam confirmed, nodding. “See, umm it’s not uncommon for a bear his size. But, it's really contagious” I told her. “Yeah, so, is there someone, maybe a grown-up, that you can stay with while we treat him?” Brit asked.

“Mrs. Hurley lives down the street” she said. “That’s perfect. We’d like it if you could stay there for a few days okay?” I asked her. “Okay” she agreed. “Oh, and, Audrey? Where is this wishing well?” Dean asked.

~~~

So, we ended up at the Chinese restaurant in town where Sam was talking to the woman earlier and we walked over to the big fountain straight ahead of us. I noticed the little boy who was being chased before, walk out.

“Think it works?” Dean asked. “Got a better explanation for teddy back there?” Brit asked him.

“Well, there's one way to find out”

“What are you gonna wish for?” Sam asked. “Shh! Not supposed to tell” he said and threw a coin into the fountain.

We all waited a few seconds. “Somebody order a foot long Italian with jalapeño?” a dude said and we all turned to look at him come through the door.

Dean turned his head slowly to look at all of us. “That'd be me” he said, raising his arm up as he kept eye contact with us. My eyebrows rose.

Dean got his sandwich and we all sat at a table. Dean and I were side by side, facing Brit and Sam. “I think it works, dude. That was pretty specific” he said, taking a big bite.

“The teddy bear, the sandwich…” Sam listed. “I’m guessing this” I said, pulling out a newspaper of a man who won the lotto. “I'm guessing that” Brit said, pointing over to a table where a hot girl was being all lovie-dovie with a really nerdy-looking guy.

“Well, that definitely goes on the list” Dean commented. “So, what are we supposed to do?” I questioned. “Yea, just stop people's wishes from coming true? Sounds like kind of a douche-ey thing to do” Dean added.

“Yeah, maybe. But come on, man. When has something like this ever come without a price tag?” Sam said. “Yea, and usually a deadly one” Brit added.

“I don't know. It's a damn good sandwich” he mumbled with a mouth full. They gave him a look. “All right. Fine. We'll put a hold on the wishing till we figure out what's going on”

Then, a Chinese man came over to us and he seemed like the manager. “Uh, gentlemen, ladies. I'm sorry. We don't allow people to eat outside food here”

“Well, I am certainly not gonna eat the inside food here” Dean said and started searching for an ID. “Left inside pocket” I muttered.

He lifted a finger to the man and pulled out the right ID…and I felt Brit and Sam’s eyes on me…but ignored them. “Health department. You, my friend, have a rat infestation. We're gonna have to shut this place down under emergency hazard code 56c”

“Rats?!” the man exclaimed.

So, we got everyone to leave and we drained the fountain. Dean started to broom all the coins. The guy started yelling about how his place was clean but Sam told him he had to leave during the ‘investigation’. Then, Dean and Sam started murmuring to each other. Something about Dean asking Sam if he was tempted to try it but I blurred them out as Brit got to my side and we started to murmur to each other.

“Why wont you just tell Dean that you have a thing for him still? You still love him”

“I do not Brittney. Stop, right now. I do not love him because I cant love him because then my guard will fall and things will be complicated again and I am not going through what I went through for a second time” I hissed.

“But, you wont have to. He isn’t going to Hell again Mel. Him being dragged out of Hell isn’t just giving him a second chance, it’s giving the two of you a second chance”

I didn’t respond. She sighed. “Are you even going to tell him about the major dream you had about you and him?”

No” I furrowed my eyebrows and narrowed my eyes at her. “I will no way, under any circumstance tell him that…I’m not even supposed to know that”

“But you do know that…and I know why you wont tell him. Because of that one night when you two slept together, you were only seventeen, almost eighteen, when you found out and if you tell him about what happened because of that one night then he’ll just think you’re this huge whore like your mom was…but you’re not, Mel” she said and ended with a gentler tone.

“No, Brittney…just…no…there is no reason why I should have to tell him…just drop it. Right now” I ordered. “Fine” she said and I let out a big breath.

“Hey…what’s that?” I asked, getting closer to the fountain and looking down at a specific coin.

They all got closer to me, to look down at it. “Some kind of old coin. I don't recognize the markings” Sam said. Dean bent down to pick it up…and he couldn’t. “Damn” he huffed out. “Lift with your legs” Brit quipped lightly.

Then, the boys walked out and came back in with a giant mallet and a crowbar. “Hey, hey, hey, what is this?! You are gonna break my fountain!” the Chinese man yelled at them as they came back over to us.

“Sir, I don't want to slap you with a 44/16, but I will” Sam said and I raised my eyebrows, containing my snickers. “Let me see that. I got an idea” Dean said and positioned the crowbar.

Then, he came down on it with the hammer and the mallet part went flying. “The coin’s magical” I stated in slight shock. “I’d say” Brit said, in shock as well. “I think it's hoodoo that's protecting the well. I don't think we can destroy this” Dean said.

“Alright, you two look into this” Sam said, handing us the paper. He exchanged a look with Brit and she nodded. “Where you two going?” Dean asked. “Something just occurred to me” he replied and they left.
♠ ♠ ♠
in one spot of this chapter, theres a filler for something tht will be revealed when season 5 comes around, into play :)

<<333