‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Resurrection Part 2

They all headed outside and Bobby walked to his car as Brit got to the truck. “I assume you’ll wanna drive?” Sam said, tossing Dean the keys. “Oh I almost forgot! Hey sweetheart, you miss me?” Dean said, stroking the car on his way to his seat.

He got in, really thrilled, then suddenly stared at something in front of him. An iPod was attached to the radio. “What the hell is that?” he asked Sam when he got in the passenger seat. “That’s an iPod jack,” Sam smiled.

“You were supposed to take care of her, not douche her up,” Dean said, angrily. “Dean, I thought it was my car,” Sam replied.

Dean stared at him, then turned on the car only to hear some soft rock music. “Really?” he says, staring at Sam. Sam shrugged awkwardly.

Dean yanked the iPod off and threw it in the back seat. “If Brit put one of those things in Mel’s truck, she wont be too happy” Dean chuckled a little.

“Dean…I don’t think you should get your hopes up about Mel…I haven’t actually seen her in a while and…she sounds changed…”

“Sammy, if she changed then I’m going to change her back to the Melissa we know. Simple as that”

“Okay…” Sam sighed. They hit the road.

~~~

They got to the motel and followed Brittney inside. She hugged him again and they kept walking as they were side-hugging. “I still cant believe it’s you” she said. He chuckled.

Lucky it was only Brit hugging him like that. If it was anyone else, Dean would’ve pushed them off, disgusted with the gushiness that was showing. “And…Dean…Mel…”

“Changed. I know. Could it really be that bad?” he questioned and she let go of him.

“Yes…you don’t know it was like the first couple weeks and months after we lost our family” she said and he stayed silent, thinking to himself.

They reached the room and Dean raised his fist to knock on the door…but he froze. “Ya know what…we could do this some other time” he said, facing the others.

They all gave him a look. “Dean” Sam said, sternly. Then, Brit jumped forward to knock. “Melissa! It’s me, I really need you to open the door” she said, sounding like she was pleading, like she was in trouble.

Brittney” Dean hissed with his back facing the door. But, then he froze like that as they all heard locks being quickly unlocked.

My POV

Brittney had suggested that I should go through the steps of when a boyfriend breakups with you…even though he died and didn’t break up with me…she said it might work. I thought I would at least give it a try since I nothing left to lose. The other day she brought over some containers of ice cream…I think it was just her way of telling me I had to fatten up some since I was really boney. But, I tried it and I guess it was helping a little…I really did miss being able to keep food down…and I missed ice cream especially. Brit knew that…and I was the bitch for trying to keep her out of my life these past months. She said that it would also help to get him out of my system if I wore his clothes while eating the ice cream. She brought over one of Dean’s shirts, so with my black lacy bra on, I had the shirt on, unbuttoned all the way down and I was wearing short shorts. The day she brought over the stuff, we got into this fight…so I think that was why I was doing all of this…I felt guilty about the fight.

I turned on the radio because Brit said I might also need to dance it out. So, as some crappy country came on, I danced around, sang into my spoon, occasionally taking some bites of the ice cream and even though I was crying, it was actually kind of working. Then…Cant Fight This Feeling Anymore by REO came on and the tears came pouring out as I was sobbing out the words.

And I can't fight this feeling anymore
I've forgotten what I started fighting for
It's time to bring this ship into the shore
And throw away the oars, forever

'Cause I can't fight this feeling anymore
I've forgotten what I started fighting for
And if I have to crawl upon the floor
Come crashing through your door
Baby, I can't fight this feeling anymore


Then, I heard some mumbling coming from outside my door and I decided to be a little nosy and eavesdrop but when I turned the radio down, I heard Brit’s voice instead, “Melissa! It’s me, I really need you to open the door”

Then, I heard some more mumbling but I quickly unlocked the door, worried now. “Brittney, are you…” I started but I froze.

I saw Sam, Bobby and Brit standing there…but then I saw someone else standing right in front of me…and there was no way I could ever mistake the back of that head. He slowly turned around and I stared up slightly at his green eyes.

“Hey, Mel” he said.

No, it wasn’t possible…it couldn’t be. I dropped my ice cream container. “Guys…what’s going on? This isn’t funny” I said, looking at all of them but my eyes landed on him.

“It’s really him, Mel” Sam nodded and then so did Brit and Bobby.

“Dean...” I whispered as my voice cracked a little.

“Nice outfit…is that my shirt?” he asked as he looked me up and down.

I saw Sam did the same and Bobby just looked away, turning slightly red. But, I didn’t care…instead of covering myself up…I punched him in the face. He grunted and stumbled slightly as I just continued to stare at him with my deer in headlights look. He chuckled, grabbing his jaw.

“Good to see you too”

“Oh my God” I breathed out and wrapped my arms around him and he quickly reacted, wrapping his arms around me rightly and I just dug my head into his chest, making sure he was real. He was real alright.

“Hey…this is REO…” he started and then relaxed immensely at the sound of our song. “I’m gonna be sick” I said and rushed back into the room and over to the bathroom.

I threw up into the toilet. “Mel?” I heard Dean as he rushed to me. “Get Brit” I choked out. In seconds, I felt Brit at my side, holding my hair back and I gripped onto her hand.

“Don’t ever leave again” I whispered. “You were the one who left this time” she said gently. “Right” I laughed under my breath.

“I cant believe this, Brit” I shook my head at her. “I know…me either…we didn’t want to discuss anything about it until we got to you” she said and then helped me up.

I stood up slowly to peek my head out and see Dean staring down at the radio as it continued to play…then he shut it off. “You’re using my plan” she said and I laughed.

“Yea…and it was working” I wiped my mouth and brushed my teeth as quick as possible.

I buttoned up the shirt and it somewhat looked like I didn’t have any pants on when we walked back out to the guys. I watched Dean as he watched me while I went over to my suitcase and put on some regular jean shorts.

I saw Dean pick up a pack of cigarettes from the side table and he turned to give me a hard stare. “This is disturbing. Tell me you’re not smoking”

“I’m not smoking. I never used one. I may be crazy right now but I’m not that crazy”

“I would hope not” he muttered, tossing the pack into the trash.

“Mel…you don’t look well…” Bobby stated.

“Well, I haven’t exactly been feeling well, Bobby”

“Why haven’t you been answering your phone?” Sam asked.

“It broke…" I said, nodding my head over to where my broken phone was, on the floor, by the wall. "I never got the chance to get a new one”

“Or you never wanted to get a new one” Dean said and I just stared at him.

“Yea…there’s that too” I said and Brit handed me the ice cream container that I dropped before, I put the lid on, put it back in the freezer and put the spoon in the sink.

Sam cleared his throat. “Anyways…now that we’re all here…I was checking these demons out in Tennessee, and out of nowhere they took a hard left, booked up here.”

“When?” Dean asked. “Yesterday morning,” Sam replied, taking a drink of his beer. “When I busted out,” Dean said, looking at Bobby.

“You think these demons are ‘cause of you?” Bobby asked.

“Why?” Brit wondered. “Well I don’t know, some bad ass demon drags me out, and now this? It’s gotta be connected somehow,” Dean said. “How you feeling, anyway?” I asked, avoiding his eyes.

“I feel a little hungry”

“No, she means…do you feel like yourself…anything strange or different?”

“Or demonic?” Bobby shrugged.

“How many times do I have to prove I’m me?”

“Yeah well listen, no demon’s letting you loose out of the goodness of their heart…so they gotta have something nasty planned”

“I feel fine”

“Look we don’t know what they’re planning. But we’ve got a pile of questions, and no shovel,” Sam spoke. “We need help” Brit nodded. “I know a psychic. Few hours from here,” Bobby said.

“Something this big? Maybe she’s heard the other side talking.”

“Well yeah it’s worth a shot,” Dean said, looking hopeful. “Be right back.” Bobby said and walked out of the room.

“Hey, you probably want this back.” Sam said and I watched as he gave Dean back his necklace with little medallion on it.

It was the one Sam had given to him one Christmas many years ago. My hand went to his bracelet that I had bought him as it was wrapped snuggly around my wrist and then it went to the necklace around my neck. I zoned out for a few minuets…but then Sam asked Dean what Hell was like and my head snapped at him as we were all waiting for an answer.

“I dunno. I…I must’ve blacked it out. I don’t remember a damn thing.” he said very convincingly…but I didn’t believe him.

Sam and Brit smiled though. “Thank God for that”

“Yeah,” Dean agreed

I watched as Dean went into the bathroom. Brit was giving me a look as Sam was nodding his head over to the bathroom. I was just shaking my head at both of them but Brit pushed me over there. I sighed and leaned against the door frame, crossing my arms. He had his eyes shut as he was gripping the counter with both hands. I eyed him until he opened his eyes and stared at himself in the mirror…then he looked at me.

“You cut your hair” he stated, watching me in the mirror.

“Oh…yea…I did” I said as I looked at myself in the mirror.

My hair used to be long, down to my back. Now, it was just below my shoulders, it had a lot of layers and bangs that covered my forehead. “I like it” he said. “Thanks” I murmured.

Then, we were silent again. He turned around to face me. “What are you thinking about?” he asked me.

I shrugged. “A lot of things…but the name Castiel just keeps popping up in my head…”

“Hmm…weird”

“Yea” I laughed at our humorless, short conversation we just had.

“So…you look…good” I managed. “For someone that just crawled out of Hell of course” I added.

He smiled light heartedly. “Yea…you look…not good” he shook his head at me. “What happened to you, Mel?” he asked, gesturing to my body.

“Well…the past few months…have been just peachy, ya know” I narrowed my eyes at him.

He stayed silent. “Should we…do you want to…” he started.

“No. I don’t want to do anything…I cant do anything…” I said, walking in all the way and shutting the door.

“And ya know why? Because of you” I said, getting close to him and poking him in the chest with my finger but I kept it there. “When you went to Hell…you took me with you Dean...in more ways than one” I said, dropping my finger.

“What do you mean?”

I just stared into his eyes. “Lets just say…I know you’re lying when you say you don’t remember Hell” I hissed and he stared at me with pained eyes and he was shocked. “So don’t you lie to me, Dean Winchester, you got that?”

“Maybe, you should worry more about lying to yourself”

“What are you talking about…”

“I mean…Sam told me about how you turned to some kind of witch craft hoo doo!” he hissed at me.

“I didn’t know what else to do Dean! I wanted you back here with us. I needed you back here with us…with me. I would’ve done anything for the four of us to just stay together and if that meant witch craft hoo doo, then that’s what I was going with”

“You know how much I hate witches…and you did too!”

“I know I did. But, that was before I thought there was some kind of hope…I put my faith into it…but we all know faith is overrated, right” I crossed my arms again.

Then…it started. Our silent argument with our eyes as we just stared at one another…just like we used to…and then he lunged at me, putting his lips on mine as my back flew into the door…I started to kiss back. It was fiery…it was passionate…it was filled with lust…and it brought back memories. But, I mentally slapped myself for letting it happen…and then I physically slapped Dean and pushed him away.

“No…no. I can’t Dean…”

“Cant what? Cant pick up where we started?”

“No. We cant do that…I wont let it happen…do you even know what you did to me? Dean…you were my biggest weakness I’ve ever had besides Brittney…you made me become vulnerable and weak…and I cant go back to that…especially if something bad happens again” I shook my head, looking down.

Then, I looked up at him again and put his face in my hands. “You have no idea how ecstatic I am that you’re back…but this time around…it‘s different…it has to be different…”

“I’ve never been just friends with a hot girl that I fell in love with” he said and his weak side was showing as well…he would never have said that to anyone else. I know he wouldn’t…because I know him.

“Well…there’s always a first for everything” I said and took off his woven bracelet. “I don’t know if you want this back or not…but you can do what you want with it” I said, handing it to him and then I turned to walk out.

“Melissa…" he started. Then, I went to take off the necklace as well. “No…keep that…please…”

I hesitated…but kept it on. “Come on, Mel…” he started again but I just walked out of the bathroom and he rushed out to me but stopped as Bobby walked in.

“She’s about four hours down the interstate. Try to keep up” he said.

I saw Brit had me already packed and she threw me a shirt. I took off the one I had on, slipped on the one she threw at me and then I shoved Dean’s shirt into my suitcase…I was hoping he wouldn’t say anything and I was acted like I had forgotten it was his.

We all walked outside and Sam helped me get my bike into the bed of my beautiful truck I had missed so much. I got in the drivers seat as Brit got in the passenger seat. “Hey, baby…I am never leaving you ever again. I cant believe how stupid I was” I cooed.

Brit grinned, dangling the keys in my face. I happily took them. “I’ve missed my regular seat…there’s a much different perspective” she said and I just shook my head at her. The truck roared to life and I grinned as we hit the road.

"“Did you tell Dean about how you completely outdid Lilith and saved our asses last time we were face to face?”

“Umm no. because last time we were face to face with that bitch, Dean was sent to Hell and I rather not bring it up”

“Right…sorry”

“Brit…have you and Sam been using your ESP stuff?” I asked her.

“No…why are you asking? Have you been using your ESP/demon stuff?”

“I don’t have demon stuff, my senses are just better than yours…but no. You know I never wanted to and you know I never will…as long as I don’t have to”

“But, what if you did have to? Things have gotten much, much, much crazier than back then…would you?”

“Probably not. I’d find a different way…do you think Ruby is really dead?”

“Yea…why are you asking so many questions?”

“I don’t know…I feel like I’ve missed a lot…” I said and she nodded.

“You have no idea how glad I am to have you back” she whispered.

“Brit…I’m sorry…”

“Don’t apologize…lets forget all about it…I’m going to get you back on your feet” she promised and I just nodded. What else was I supposed to say to her?
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333