‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Resurrection Part 3

When morning came, Bobby led us to a house and we knocked. A woman with black hair in dirty, trucker jeans and a black T-shirt that showed off her curves, opened the door. “Bobby! Ugh!” she laughed, as she gave him a big bear hug, lifting him off the ground slightly. We all exchanged looks and watched in amusement.

“You're a sight for sore eyes” he said once she set him down. “So, are these the boys and girls?” she questioned, looking at us.

“Sam, Dean…Brittney, Melissa…Pamela Barnes, best damn psychic in the state” Bobby introduced.

“Hey” Dean and I both said at once. “Hi” Sam and Brit both said at once. Some things never change.

I saw how Pamela started to check the boys out and I smiled lightly at her. She was very attractive…she would have the boys in the palm of her hands. “Dean Winchester, out of the fire and back in the frying pan huh? That makes you a rare individual”

“If you say so” Dean shrugged. “Come on in” she said and we all walked inside her house.

“So, you hear anything?”

“Well, I Ouija-ed my way through a dozed spirits. No one seems to know who broke your boy out or why”

“So what's next?”

“A séance I think. See if we can see who did the deed”

“You're not gonna summon the damn thing here are ya?” Bobby asked skeptically.

“No, I just wanna get a sneak peek at it, like a crystal ball without the crystal”

“I'm game” Dean said. “This is gonna be cool” Brit and I both grinned and Pamela chuckled at us. Bobby sighed.

We went down into Pamela’s basement and we saw a lot of psychic stuff was around as the lights were dim. “Who's Jesse?" Dean asked, suddenly and I looked over to see him and Sam looking at a tattoo that said Jesse Forever on the small of her back as she was squatting by a book case.

he laughed and stood to turn toward them. I pretended like I wasn’t listening. “Well, it wasn't forever”

“His loss”

“Might be your gain” she said and continued to put some things on a round table.

I felt a ping of jealousy…but I focused more on me admiring her technique. “Dude, I am so in” I heard Dean say to Sam.

“Yeah, she's gonna eat you alive”

“Hey, I just got out of jail, bring it”

“You're invited too grumpy” I heard her say to Sam and I started laughing as she came to my side, smiling. “You are not invited” Dean hissed at Sam and I heard Sam try to resist laughing.

“So…are you guys together?” she asked me and Brit as we helped her set up. “No…no we’re not” I said, still smiling at her. “Yea…what she said” Brit voiced.

“Hmmm interesting…cause I’m sensing some pretty intense emotions…” she said, playfully. “Umm lets get back to the séance” Brit suggested and Pamela laughed a little.

Once everything was set up, we all sat around the round table with a black table cloth on it with a symbol on that and lit candles were in the center. I was in the middle of Dean and Brit with Sam on her other side, then Bobby and then Pamela was on the other side of Dean.

“Right, take each other's hands” Pamela instructed.

Dean looked at me, as if for permission but I just rolled my eyes as I took his hand and acted like it made me feel nothing while he held my hand when really, it made me feel everything.

Brit took my other one and we had a complete circle. “And I need to touch something our mystery monster touched” she added and suddenly, Dean jumped.

“Whoa! Well, he didn't touch me there!” he claimed.

Pamela laughed and I snickered. Sam, Brit and I exchanged looks and raised our eyebrows at Bobby. This was more amusing than it may seem. This lady definitely had game.

“My mistake” she said.

Then, Dean let go of my hand…and I felt uncomfortable…unsafe…. He rolled up his sleeve and we all saw a handprint that was burned into his skin. Amusement was gone from our faces as we stared in shock. He took my hand again as he looked into my eyes. “Okay” Pamela spoke as she put her hand over the handprint.

We saw her shut her eyes and let out a deep breath. Then, Bobby shut his eyes as well…so we decided to do the same. “I invoke, conjure and command you, appear unto me before this circle. I invoke, conjure and command you, appear unto me before this circle” Pamela started to chant.

I opened an eye to peek around…and I saw Dean had done the same. So, I shut my eye again and I felt Dean’s thumb caressing my hand. I pinched him lightly to make him stop…and he did. But, it wasn’t because I pinched him…it was because a TV turned on with only static on the screen…I could hear it.

“I invoke, conjure and command you…Castiel? No, sorry Castiel I don't scare easy” she said and my eyes shot open as my reflex caused me to squeeze Dean’s hand. I looked at him and he looked at me. We were both in shock.

“Castiel?” I questioned, making sure I heard her right.

“It's name. It's whispering to me, warning me to turn back. I conjure and command you, show me your face” she continued and Dean and I both shut our eyes again, tighter this time, as the table began to shake…more and more. How could I have known that name?

I shot my eyes back open and I saw everyone else had their eyes open as well…except for Pamela. She continued to chant, getting more demanding with each time. The candle lights began to flicker as the table started to shake violently.

“I conjure and command you, show me your face. I conjure and command you, show me your face. I conjure and command you, show me your…”

“Maybe we should stop” Bobby suggested.

“I almost got it, I command you, show me your face, show me your face now!”

But, then her scream pierced my ears as the candle flames leaped and a bright white light was filling Pamela’s eye sockets…but I could smell it…iron and copper. Then, I saw it…I saw the blood start to run out of her eyes and down her face. She shut her eyes and fell out of her chair, laying on her back.

“Call 911!” Bobby yelled and Sam rushed upstairs as Bobby, Dean, Brittney and I got to Pamela’s side.

She opened her eye lids and there was nothing in her eye sockets…her eyes were burned out of her head. She started to whimper in pain. I could hear Sam talking on the phone, upstairs.

“I can't see, I can't see…oh, god...oh…oh God” she sobbed. We all looked at each other with sad , worried looks.

~~~

We all got to a diner in the town nearby and as Sam stayed outside to talk on the phone to Bobby, Dean, Brit and I walked inside to sit at a table. Dean and I sat side by side as Brit sat across from us. “She’ll have the jumbo double bacon cheeseburger” Dean said, jerking his thumb at me.

I nudged him. “He’s just kidding…I’ll just have what he’s having” I nodded. “Be up in a jif” she said and walked away.

“Don’t make decisions for me” I said, crossing my arms as I leaned back in my chair.

“Mel, you aren’t healthy. You have to eat more” Brit said.

“And I will! I’m just not hungry right now”

“The old Melissa was always hungry…it’s something we had in common” Dean muttered. “Well, things changed” I snapped. I felt my stomach growl…but I was too stubborn to admit I was hungry right after I just said I wasn’t.

Then, Sam came over to us, sitting next to Brit. “What'd Bobby say?" Brit asked.

“Pam's stable, and out of ICU…”

“And blind because of us” Dean said.

“And we still have no clue what we're dealing with”

“Well, that's not entirely true” I said. “No?” Brit questioned.

“We got a name, Castiel or whatever… with the right mojo, we could summon him, bring him right to us” Dean said.

“You're crazy, absolutely not” Sam stated.

“We'll work him over, I mean, after what he did?”

“Pam took a peek at him, and her eyes burned out of her skull, and you want to have a face to face?” Brit asked. “You got a better idea?” I asked.

“Yeah, as a matter of fact I do, I followed some demons to town…we go find 'em. someone's gotta know something about something” Sam said.

Then, the waitress came back over to us and set four plates of pie in front of us. I quickly picked up a fork and took a bite. “Mmmm I’ve missed pie” I sighed, happily.

Dean gave me a look. “What?…okay so maybe I’m a little hungry” I shrugged and he shook his head at me. But, then looked up at the waitress who sat down in a chair facing all of us.

“You angling for a tip?” Dean asked. “I'm sorry, I thought you were looking for us” she said and then her eyes went pitch black. We all looked at her in surprise.

Then, a guy sitting at the counter, got up and his eyes turned black as well as he locked the door…and I saw the cook behind the counter had black eyes too. “Dean, to Hell and back, aren't you a lucky duck?” she said as her eyes went back to normal.

“That's me”

“So you get to just stroll right out of the pit huh? Tell me, what makes you so special?”

“I like to think it's because of my perky nipples” he smirked. She just stared back at him, waiting for a real answer. “I don't know, wasn't my doing, I don't know who pulled me out” he said, seriously.

“Right, you don't?”

“No, I don't”

“Lying’s a sin you know”

“I'm not lying” he stated.

Then, she looked at me, glaring and I glared back. Then, she looked at Sam and Brit as well. “But I'd like to find out, so if you wouldn't mind enlightening me Flo…” Dean continued.

“Mind your tone with me boy, I'll drag you back to Hell, myself” she threatened and I tensed up as I was about to jump and attack this bitch.

I saw Sam and Brit was about to do the same but Dean put a hand up to stop them as he put his hand on my leg…and I relaxed beneath his touch. “No you won't” Dean stated.

“No?”

“No, because if you were you would have done it already. Fact is, you don't know who cut me loose, and you're just as spooked as we are and you're looking for answers. Well, maybe it was some turbo charged spirit, hmm? Or uh...Godzilla, or some big bad boss demon, but I'm guessing at your pay grade that they don't tell you squat, because whoever it was, they want me out, and they're a lot stronger than you. So, go ahead, send me back, but don't come crying to me when they show up on your front doorstep with some Vaseline and a fire hose”

“I'm gonna reach down your throat and rip out your lungs” she threatened again.

But, then, Dean leaned toward her and smirked…and then Dean’s hand left my leg and it collided with her face. She didn’t do anything. I watched the other demons carefully, making sure they were gonna do anything either. Then, she slapped her again but she still didn’t react to it. She just grinded her teeth and glared.

“That's what I thought, let's go guys” he said and we all got up to leave. Then, he threw some money onto the table. “For the pie” he said and we all walked out.

“Holy crap” I commented. “That was close” Dean added.

“We're not just gonna leave 'em in there are we, Dean?” Sam asked.

“Well, yeah, there's three of them in there probably more and we only got one knife between us"

“We've been killing a lot more demons than that lately” Brit said.

“Well, not anymore, the smarter one of the group is back in town”

“Dean, we gotta take 'em, they are dangerous…” Sam started.

“They're scared, Sam. They’re scared of whatever had the power to yank Dean out of Hell” I said.

“Yea. We're dealing with a bad mofo here, one job at a time” Dean said and that was the end of the discussion.

~~

Night fell and we were all at the motel. Brit and I got a room across from Sam and Dean and I collapsed onto the bed. I felt my eyelids getting heavy so I just gave in and fell asleep quickly. I started to dream…and it was the dream about Dean being in Hell…being ripped apart…but, I shot up in my spot, panting heavily. I pulled my knees to my chest as the images were in my brain. I looked around and saw Brit was gone. I got up.

“Brit?” I called and checked the bathroom but she wasn’t in there either.

So, I walked out and walked across the hall and walked into the guys room. I saw Sam wasn’t in there and Dean was asleep on the bed.

I knew I should’ve walked back out…or I should’ve just started to yell and wake him up…but I didn’t…instead, I crawled onto the bed beside him and just laid beside him. I just wanted to take in his features…it felt like a dream…I wanted to make sure he wouldn’t just disappear on me. He stirred a little but then opened his eyes slightly to look at me. He lifted one arm for me to move closer to him. I shook my head.

“Just for old times sake” he said tiredly. I wanted to…I wanted to give in…so badly…but I shook my head again.

“I came to tell you I don’t know where Brit and Sam are” I said and got up on my knees.

“I came to tell you I don’t know where Brit and Sam are” I said and got up on my knees. He sat up as well. “I also needed someone to talk to…I needed you to talk to…”

I noticed that got his attention and he was staring at me intently as I was averting my eyes. “The day that the hellhounds and came took you to Hell…when Lilith tried to kill me, Brit and Sam and couldn’t…”

“Sam said you guys were immune or something…”

I stared at him for a moment. “He said that because I’ve been avoiding the real reason behind what happened…”

“And what really happened?” he asked, cautiously.

“My emotions took over and I was so upset and angry seeing you die…I think my demon side took over and it just…” I shrugged.

“I don’t know, really…it protected us against whatever Lilith tried to kill us with…but, it was weird…it was like I felt Sam and Brit’s energies and they were helping put up whatever protection shield I held up…it was all so weird, I don’t even know how I did it…but, I had to tell you”

He didn’t say anything at first…and then I looked up at him. “I’m telling you this as…a friend who just needs someone to talk to” I reminded him.

“Yea…I got that the first time…” he said, dryly. “Listen…if I believed in angels…I’d say whatever you wanna call your thing is a gift from up above…you saved Brit and Sammy from Lilith and I mean…” he started, but, then before he could say something, the TV went on and the screen was all static.

Then the radio turned on and the dial was going back and forth by itself. “This happened at the gas station…” he informed me but it was more to himself.

We both stood as he picked up his shotgun but then there was a loud screeching noise and I covered my ears with my hands as Dean dropped the shotgun and did the same. Then, the windows shattered and Dean and I hit the floor. Then, the huge mirror above our heads shattered as well and Dean covered me with his arms. We both yelled out in pain as we were cut up by the broken glass and I felt the warm liquid on my hands. I heard some yelling and I saw it was coming from Bobby as he busted through the door as the noise stopped and their was silence. We both looked up at him and I rested my head against Dean’s arm. What the hell was that?

~~~

We got outside to Bobby’s car since apparently Sam had taken the Impala and Brit had taken the truck. I was in the backseat sitting in the middle as Bobby was driving and Dean was in the passenger seat and Dean and I were using towels to wipe the blood off us.

“How you kids doing?” Bobby asked us.

“Aside from the church bells ringing in my head…” Dean started. “We’re peachy” I said for him.

Then, Dean took out his cell phone and called Sam. “What are you doing?…in my car?”

“Ask if Brit’s with him” I said.

“Is Brittney with you?…if you two are out for a burger together why did she take the truck?” I strained to hear Sam say, “Again, force of habit” There was still ringing in my ears.

“Well, uh...Bobby's back, the three of us are going to grab a beer” he said and Bobby turned his head to look at him but Dean held up his hand to silence him.

I knew what he was doing…and it was smart. He hung up with Sam. “Why the hell didn't you tell him?” Bobby asked right away. “Cause he'd just try to stop us” I answered for him.

“From what?”

“Summoning this thing” Dean said.

Bobby glanced at me and then looked at Dean and Dean looked back at him, letting him know we were serious. “It's time we face it head on”

“You can't be serious”

“As a heart attack” I said.

“Well, we don't know what it is, it could be a demon it could be anything”

“That's why we gotta be ready for anything”

“We got the big time magic knife, you got an arsenal in the trunk” Dean said, pulling out Ruby’s knife”

“This is a bad idea”

“Yeah, I couldn't agree more, but what other choice do we have?” I asked.

“We could choose life”

“Bobby, whatever this is, whatever it wants, it's after me and it’s trying to reach out to Melissa, that much we know, right…?” Dean started.

“Hold up. Reaching out to Melissa?” Bobby asked.

Dean” I hissed.

“Sorry…” he muttered.

“You better explain yourself, girl” Bobby said.

“It’s nothing…I’ve just had the name Castiel in my head lately…before Pamela”

“And you didn’t feel like mentioning this after Pamela?”

“I didn’t think it mattered too much” I muttered, like a little girl getting scolded.

“Well, anyway, I got no place to hide, I can either get caught with my pants down again, or we can make our stand” Dean interfered.

“Pretty picture” I commented.

“Hey, you agree with me so keep your pie hole shut” he said and I scoffed, smacking him upside the head.

I saw his lips twitched upward but kept a straight face, trying to resist it…but I found myself doing the same thing…it felt good to be able to hit him again.

“Guys, we could use Sam and Brittney for this”

“Nah, they’re better off where they are” Dean said and I nodded in agreement.

~~

We got to a nearby barn and we all started to set up all sorts of traps around the place and Dean laid out all the weapons we had on a table. “That's a hell of an art project you got going there” Dean said to Bobby as I walked over to him while Bobby was finishing a specific circle.

“Traps and talismans from every faith on the globe. How you doing?”

“Stakes, iron, silver, salt, knife” I listed as I looked at our options. “We're pretty much set to catch and kill anything I've ever heard of” Dean said.

“This is still a bad idea” Bobby said…again. “Yeah, Bobby, I heard you the first ten times, what do you say we ring the dinner bell?” Dean suggested.

So, then he went over to another table and sprinkled some stuff over a bowl as it began to steam and he started an incantation.

A while passed as Bobby was sitting on one table and Dean and I were sitting on the other…we were just waiting…I hated waiting. “You sure you did the ritual right?” Dean asked Bobby but he just gave him a look.

“Sorry, touchy, touchy”

Then, Dean set Ruby’s knife down on the table…but then the wind started to pickup and the barn shook slightly as the metal sheeting on the roof started to flap, making a lot of noise and we all stood up with shotguns in our hands.

“Wishful thinking, but maybe it's just the wind” Dean said.

“Dean, when is it ever just the wind?” I asked him without looking at him and then the light bulbs blew and the barn door that had a 2x4 wood across it, flew open, snapping the wood in two like it was a twig.

There, stood a man wearing an overcoat and he started to walk toward us in a calm manner with a kind of determined look on his face. We all backed up slightly and then started firing. He was walking toward us without a second thought of our traps we set up and the bullets weren’t even making him flinch or blink. He got up close and personal in my face and Dean’s face as our backs hit the wall.

“Who are you?” Dean asked, completely as incredulous as I was as this guy faced us.

“I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from Perdition”

“Yeah, thanks for that”

“I’m also the one who has been connecting to your mind” he looked at me. “Huh” I grunted, nodding in response, still in shock.

Then, Dean lunged at him, stabbing him in the heart with Ruby’s knife…but he was completely unfazed. As Dean stepped back, he simply pulled the knife out and dropped it on the floor. Then, Bobby came up behind him and went to his him over the head with a crowbar but he quickly spun around and put his two fingers on Bobby’s forehead and then Bobby fell to the ground. He turned to face us again and now…frankly, I was kind of freaked out.

“Melissa, Dean…we need to talk...alone” he said.

~~~

Dean and I leaned over Bobby’s body and I put my two fingers up against his neck…he still had a pulse. “Your friend's alive” the guy in the overcoat stated.

Dean looked at me for confirmation. I nodded. The guy was flipping through a book on the table as calm as day. “Who are you?” Dean repeated. “Castiel” he answered. “Yeah, we figured that much, he means what are you?” I said.

“I'm an angel of the Lord” he said, facing us as Dean and I got to our feet. Well, speaking of angels...

“Get the hell outta here, there's no such thing” Dean said, firmly.

“This is your problem, Dean, you have no faith…neither of you do”

Then, out of no where, there was lightning and as it lit up the barn, we saw the shadows of huge wings extending out from Castiel’s back, widening across the barn…and just like that, the lightning stopped.

“Some angel you are, you burned out poor Pamela’s eyes” I snapped, crossing my arms.

Castiel sighed and looked down. “I warned her not to spy on my true form, it can be...overwhelming to humans, and so can my real voice, but you both already knew that”

“You mean the gas station and the motel. That was you talking?” Dean asked. Castiel nodded. “Buddy, next time lower the volume”

“It was my mistake, certain people...special people can perceive my true visage, I thought you both would be one of them, I was wrong”

“And what visage are you in now, huh?”

“Holy tax accountant?” I quipped.

“This? This is a vessel”

“You're possessing some poor bastard?” I asked in disbelief.

“He's a devout man, he actually prayed for this”

“Look, pal, we’re not buying what you're selling, so who are you, really?” Dean asked again.

“I told you”

“Right, and why would an angel rescue me from Hell?”

“Good things do happen, Dean”

“Not in my experience”

“What's the matter? You don't think you deserve to be saved” he said and I glanced at Dean with pain and sadness in my eyes.

He shifted slightly in his spot, uncomfortable with my eyes on him…so I just turned my head back toward Castiel and kept on my poker face. “Why'd you do it?” Dean asked.

“Because God commanded it” he said and I noticed Dean’s jaw clenched as my own body tensed up. “Because we have work for the two of you” he finished and Dean and I exchanged looks, equally confused.

Great…another start to the beginning of something big…just what we all need.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333