‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

No Attachments? Yea Right

My POV

We met up with Nick outside a bar and I got in the back of his car as Dean got in the passenger side and he told us she just walked in a second before we got there and Dean said it would be better if we didn’t follow her in.

“So you think, what? She’s druggin’ these guys?” Nick asked.

“Pretty much” I answered. He seemed kind of skeptical. “I know how it sounds” Dean said.

“You sure about that? Cause it sounds like crazy on toast. All these different strippers, they’re magically the same girl but then they’re not strippers at all, it’s Dr. Quinn”

“It’s kinda hard to explain. But I have my reasons and they’re good ones so you’re just gonna have to trust me on ‘em”

“Yeah, ok. I guess”

I was shocked by how he accepted what Dean told him and I could tell Dean felt the same. “Thank you. That’s actually nice to hear” Dean said and took a swig of the flask and offered some to Nick.

He took a swig and then held it up to me and I nodded, taking it from him and I took a swig myself. “So let’s say she is druggin’ her vics. How’s she pullin’ that off?”

“She could be injecting ‘em. Y’know, or passing the toxin through, ah, physical contact” Dean explained.

“Could it be her saliva?” Nick asked and glanced at me, smirking.

My eyes widened as I looked down at the flask. “Son of a bitch” I muttered and Dean turned around to look at me in a panic. I didn’t even think of it since it was Dean’s flask.

“You really should’ve wiped the lip of that thing before you drank from it, Melissa” he said.

Dean went to lunge at him but Nick was faster and held him down to the seat as he took the flask from me, took another swig and then pushed the top to Dean’s mouth, forcing him to drink from it. It was like I had no control of my body but I was witnessing everything.

“I should be your little brother. Sam...you can’t trust him. Not like you can trust me. In fact, I really feel like you should get him out of the way...so we can be brothers. Forever”

Then, he turned to face me. “And you cant trust Brittney…not like you can trust me…I should be your best friend, not her”

“Yea, you’re right” Dean and I both spoke against our will. This was definitely not good…

~~~

Nick gave me instructions…and I had to follow me like one of his minions. I walked into mine and Brittney’s room and I heard her in the bathroom. I put my back against the wall and waited for her to come out. When she did, I threw her against the wall and held a knife to her throat.

“Melissa, what the hell are you doing!?” she yelled.

“Nick told me what I have to do if we’re going to be together forever. He’s going to be my best friend”

“Since when do you kill for friendship?” she quipped and the inner me understood the light joke but the outer me was ready to slit her throat.

Then, the door opened and in walked Nick. I saw her glare at him. “Mel, this is the siren controlling you. You can fight it” I cant fight it though!

“Dean and Sam are getting some things off their chests in the other room so I thought it would be a good idea for you two to do the same” he said and I stepped back as he pinned Brit to the wall, forced her mouth opened and he like spit into her mouth or something.

I was utterly disgusted but I couldn’t even show it. Then, I saw how she was under his spell as well as we faced each other and Nick sat back to watch.

“I don’t know when or how it happened…maybe it was just when Dean was in Hell and I ditched…maybe it was when I was just looking you in the face but the Brittney I grew up with, the girl I knew is gone…and it’s not even because of the demon blood or the psychic whatever…it’s the lies and the secrets”

“Oh really? What secrets?”

“The phone calls you and Sam are having with Ruby for instance”

“So now I need your permission to talk to a friend”

“And the fact that you call her your friend gets me on edge!…but you’re hiding things from me. We never hid things from each other. Ever

“It’s none of your business” she smirked.

“See? What happened to us! My business used to be your business and your business used to be mine. What happened!”

I don’t know where this was coming from…I mean, I guess I have felt this way before but I never thought it was a big issue to bring up.

“Wanna know why Sam and I are hiding secrets? We’re hunting down Lilith and you and Dean are too weak to go after her. You’re holding us back. You may have the demon powers or whatever and you may be William Stern’s kid but I am still a better hunter, I’m stronger and smarter. You’re too busy sitting and crying over Dean and over your dreams about him. Boo hoo. Build a freakin bridge and get over it”

I was pained to hear her say that to me…it really did hurt…but my body had a mind of its own at the moment and I threw the knife at her. She ducked but I lunged forward and punched her in the face and then punched her again and went to do it again but she got me instead and tried to do it twice but I blocked her and got her in the gut and kneed her in the face but she threw herself at me, tackling me down to the ground. But I swung my leg up and around to kick her off and I tackled her this time and we flew into the door, breaking it down and I got two swings in before she pushed me off and pinned me to the floor and we started rolling down the hallway as I saw Sam and Dean were already out here fighting it out as well. I slammed her head into the wall and then stood up as she fell unconscious.

“Dean’s in the way of our love, Melissa…you need to put an end to him too” Nick said to me and I knew he just did it because he wanted more amusement.

I felt myself start to stalk toward him and Sam. While Sam was on the floor, Dean spun to face me and we had this silent showdown. “You’re scared, Melissa…you're scared to give me another chance because you just don’t want to get hurt again…but don’t you think I’m hurting?”

“No! I don’t actually. I think you cant feel pain because if you could you wouldn’t have felt the pleasure inside you when you tortured those souls!” I spat. Stop it. Stop it. Stop it.

“So you’re scared of me…well frankly I’m scared of you too…I can never tell if you’re going to turn to the dark side with this demonic side of you that is hiding, just waiting to break out”

We glared at one another. Then we went for it, attacking each other…it got even more bloody than it already was but he punched me so hard that I flew into the wall and I saw he broke some glass to get an emergency ax and then looked down at Sam as Nick started to encourage him to finish Sam for good. I wanted to get up and stop him but I couldn’t even get up.

“Tell me again how weak I am, Sam. How I hold you back!”

He threw the ax up, ready to swing down as Sam cringed, bracing for the impact but then I saw Bobby grab the ax from Dean and stab him in the shoulder and when Nick started to take off, I saw Bobby go to throw the knife at him.

“No!” Sam and I both voiced.

But the knife got him right in the back and he fell to the ground…and then I felt myself gain control of my body again. We all exchanged a look and then I used the wall to help me up as I limped over quickly to Brittney.

“Brit…Brit” I said quietly and she started to open her eyes. She groaned as I helped her to her feet and we all just stared at each other. Well things were just going to be awkward now…

~~~

It was day now and on our way out of town, we stopped by a river and we were all silent with Brit and me leaning against the truck and Dean and Sam leaning against the Impala. Bobby gave us soda cans and we opened them but stayed silent.

“Soda?” Dean questioned. “You kids are driving ain’t ya?” Bobby replied and we all just opened the cans and took sips.

“Umm thanks Bobby” Brit said. “Y’know, if you hadn’t shown up when you did…” Sam started.

“You’ve done the same for me, more than once. Course, you coulda picked up a phone. Only took one call to figure out that Agent Nick Monroe wasn’t real…you kids gonna be ok?” he asked.

We all chorused fines and goods. He nodded. “See ya” he said and headed to the car. “Y’know those Sirens are nasty things. If it got to you...that’s not reason to feel bad” he finished and climbed into the car, driving off.

We were silent for a moment. “You gonna say goodbye to Cara?” Dean asked Sam.

“Nah. Not interested”

“Really? Why not?”

“What’s the point?” he questioned but then I saw him and Brit share a look…a blank look.

“Well, look at you. Love ‘em and leave ‘em”

“Dean, look, you know I didn’t mean the things I said back there, right? That it was just the Sirens spell talking?”

“Of course, me too” Then, he looked at me. “I didn’t mean a thing” he said again, sternly, keeping his eyes on mine.

I nodded. “Neither did I” I said lightly. Then, I looked at Brit. “Seriously

“I know…me either” she nodded.

“So…we’re all good” Sam asked. “We’re all good” we all confirmed.

We all just exchanged some looks and then Brit and I got in the truck while the guys got in the car and we headed off. I could feel the tension coming from all of us even though the boys were in a completely different car…we’re so not all good.

When night fell, we were all exhausted so we got to the closest motel and decided to crash. Right as I collapsed onto the bed though, Sam walked in and him and Brit were just staring at each other. I groaned.

“Fine, fine. I’ll leave” I said and just walked passed Sam as he stepped to the side and I walked over to Sam and Dean’s room.

I walked in and I guess I should’ve knocked because Dean had his shirt off and I guess he was about to take off his pants as well but he stopped when he heard me shut the door and he just let his pants hang on his hips as he turned to look at me.

“Sorry, Sam and Brit wanted to talk so I just thought I would come over here instead”

“It’s fine”

I stood awkwardly in the center of the room as Dean went about doing his thing or whatever. Then, he finally looked over at me. “Melissa…I didn’t mean what I said about me being scared of you…I’m not scared of you…I might be intimidated sometimes but I’m not scared of you…”

“I know that…and you know that I didn’t mean it when I said I was scared of you because of what you did. I know where you were coming from…”

“I know you do…but I did mean it when I said you were scared of giving me another chance…and that I’m hurting…” he stressed and I saw him start to get angry and annoyed as he stalked toward me.

He started laughing in a mocking kind of way. “Ya know, everyone around here is getting laid except me and I…I don’t know what to do with you anymore”

“Hold up. You were the one who kissed me and then just stopped and acted like it didn’t happen!”

“Because you’re the one who doesn’t want any attachments! I’m trying here and I don’t know why! I shouldn’t have to try. I never try…”

“Well then why do you keep trying huh? Just stop it all together if you’re tired of it!”

“I cant!”

“Why not?!”

He hesitated and he got even closer to me. “Because you thought of me when you were with Adam…even when you knew all along about what really happened in Hell…how I really felt…you didn’t change toward me…you accepted the way I felt…” He stared into my eyes.

We were silent…but then I went forward, putting his head in my hands and putting my lips on his ferociously. He started to kiss back immediately as he lifted me off the floor and I wrapped my legs around him and we fell onto the bed. He got my shirt off in one swift motion and planted his lips on mine again right away. He went to my neck and to my chest and then my stomach. He took my belly button ring off and I smirked as he chuckled, tossing it over onto the side table. Then, he came back up to my face.

“No attachments” I said, gripping his face in my hands.

“No attachments” he confirmed but I saw the look on his face.

Who the hell was I kidding? Of course there were going to be attachments now. As he kept his eyes on mine, he slid down slowly and started to undo my pants and he pulled them off and then I started unbutton his pants as well. I felt the temperature rise, anticipating our next moves….

~

About two hours later…we were laying side by side, under the sheets, breathing hard and just staring up at the ceiling. I was grinning and I saw he was too. I turned my head to look at him and I laughed. Then, he kissed me.

“We did it three times already, you’re not tired yet?” I laughed.

“Are you?” he questioned.

“No”

“Then, neither am I. Wanna go for a fourth time?” he replied and got on top of me and I laughed as he kissed me again.

“We should really get some clothes on so when Sam and Brit come walking in”

“It’s only four in the morning”

“You know how long it will take for us to get ready and you know how Brit and Sam like to get head starts on the day”

He sighed because he knew I was right. He fell back to laying on the side of me and I put my arm up and I started to play with his hair…I remembered how he liked it…and maybe I was pushing it…but I didn’t care. He started to relax as he just stared at me. I kissed his lips lightly and then I threw on my underwear and my bra but he didn’t let me put on my pants or a shirt and he pulled me back down to lay beside him. I just narrowed my eyes playfully and then I turned on my side to get some sleep in before we had to hit the road again.

He put his arm around me and pulled me close to him, putting his hand on my hip and I grabbed onto his arm, pulling it over my body completely and I laced our fingers, keeping his hand close to my chest. He kissed my bare shoulder and then his breath on my neck gave me goose bumps as I felt him start to fall asleep. His body fit perfectly against mine as I felt my eye lids get heavy and I suddenly felt safe when I inhaled his scent. It was obvious I still loved this guy…and I like to think sometimes that he loves me too but he did say no attachments…how long will that last?
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so these last few chapters have been pretty emotional and crazy. But, i wanted to get my point across about the love between Dean, Mel, Brit and Sam. Let me know wut u think. Comments? :)

<<333