‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

I Wont Allow It

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~++~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Our next case was pretty weird. Death like took a holiday. In this one town the people just wouldn’t die…and yea it seemed pretty douche-like of us to take that away from them but it was still weird so we had to look into it. We got Pamela on the phone and she did this spell where Sam, Brit, Dean and I were all spirits in the spirit world and it was actually kind of weird…and Dean made it weird when he reached inside Sam’s chest and kept his hand there for a moment…that was weird…but funny. Then a jogger ran right through me and Brittney but there was this one kid who saw us and when we went to go talk to him, he told us how he wouldn’t leave his mothers side and a reaper was after him. But, apparently the reaper was the same reaper that tried to get to Dean when he almost died but John saved him. I felt myself cringe slightly when I saw the reaper kiss Dean so he would remember it…but I let it go when demons kidnapped the reaper. The kid taught us how to move things with our mind and he taught us how to freakin teleport ourselves, it was freakin awesome! The part that wasn’t awesome was when we found where the demons were and there were symbols and insignias covering the building but we fell into a trap when we got pinned in a corner by an iron chain.

Then, Alastair came out of nowhere and explained his plan…he was going to break one of the seals…and he needed to kill two reapers in order to do it. While he dialogued, he shot salt rounds at us to get us annoyed…and it definitely was weird and not fun. But we formed a plan, and used our cool ghost powers to get out of the situation, with Tessa’s (the reaper that kissed Dean) help. Sam and Brit were gone though as Dean and I ran down an alley and ran into Castiel. They caught Alastair…and we stopped him from breaking the seal…we actually stopped him. I was a little pissed that Cas wasn’t there helping but then found out that the symbols on the building were to angel proof the place. In the end, the kid let Tessa take him to a better place…it was kind of crazy…and then Dean and I got back in our own bodies at the motel and Pamela was stabbed! She started bleeding out as soon as we showed up…she never wanted a part of this…and we dragged her into it…it was our fault she died right in front of us. I saw she whispered something to Sam and Brit and even though I tried to listen in, everything was blurry…and I knew it was because she didn’t want me to hear it so I couldn’t hear it.

I was in a black dress and Brit was wearing a black top and a black skirt while the guys were in suits and we were at Pamela’s funeral. Brit had tears flowing and I saw Sam comforting her. I tried not to let the tears slip but as soon as I felt a hand on the small of my back, I turned my head to look at Dean and he nodded, looking into my eyes so the tears came out. I knew he was feeling what I felt…like it was our fault for Pam’s death …because it was. I turned my body to wrap my arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me tight as I dug my face into his shoulder as I felt him hug me even tighter but it wasn’t to keep me secure, it was to help the pain he was feeling. So, I put a hand on the back of his head to play with some of his hair…it seemed to sooth both of us…but it didn’t really last long…we kind of just held each other, wanting everything to stop…rewind…but life isn’t like a Nintendo game…you cant pause and start over. It wasn’t fair for Pamela…it just wasn’t.

We went back to the motel to change into our more comfortable clothes and now it was dark and we were on the road, trying to meet Ruby I guess. Sam called to tell Brit and Brit told me that she was meeting us in Cheyenne. Apparently she’s been tracking some leads to get Lilith. I didn’t care much when she was telling me though…I was upset and aggravated and annoyed.

“Look, you and Sam can work with Ruby, work without Ruby. I don’t care, to be honest” I snapped.

“Hey, I know you’re mad about the Pamela thing Mel, doesn’t mean you have to take it out on me” she mumbled.

“I’m sorry…” I said sincerely and sighed. “She didn’t want anything to do with this though and we just dragged her into it…”

“She knew what was at stake” she assured me.

“Saving the world? Yea, we aren’t exactly doing a damn good job at it…I’m just tired of burying friends, Brit…”

“I know you are…so am I” she said lightly.

I just shook my head as I held it up with my hand and I put my elbow up on the door. To say I was depressed would be an understatement.

~

We got to a motel and all walked into one room since it was too much effort to pay for two rooms…plus I didn’t feel like using our money so Brit and I used our charm to convince Dean and Sam…it wasn’t that hard.

“Ah, home crappy home” Dean sighed.

Brit turned on the lights. There to greet us were Uriel and Castiel. “Stern, Hails, Winchester and Winchester” Uriel spoke. “Oh come on!” Dean and I both complained.

“You are needed. You both are” Uriel said, looking at both of us.

“Needed? We just got back from needed” Dean said.

“Mind your tone with me”

“No, you mind your damn tone with us” I snapped.

“We just got back from Pamela's funeral” Brit explained.

“Pamela. You know, psychic Pamela? You remember her. Cas, you remember her. You burned her eyes out. Remember that? You remember that Dean?” I said, sarcastically.

“Oh yea, I remember that. Good times. Yeah, then she died saving one of your precious seals. So maybe you can stop pushing us around like chess pieces for five freaking minutes!”

“We raised you out of hell for our purposes” Uriel said.

“Yeah, what were those again? What exactly did you want from me?”

“Start with gratitude”

“Dean, we know this is difficult to understand” Cas tried.

“And we don't care. Now, seven angels have been murdered, all of them from our garrison. The last one was killed tonight” Uriel said as Cas gave him a look.

“Demons? How they doing it?” I asked.

“We don't know”

“I'm sorry, but what do you want us to do about it? I mean, a demon with the juice to ice angels has to be out of our league, right?” Sam questioned.

“We can handle the demons, thank you very much”

“Once we find whoever it is” Cas added.

“So you need our help hunting a demon?” Dean assumed.

“Not quite. We have Alastair”

“Great. He should be able to name your trigger man”

“But he won't talk. Alastair's will is very strong. We've arrived at an impasse”

“Yeah, well, he's like a black belt in torture. I mean, you guys are out of your league”

“That's why we've come to his student. You happen to be the most qualified interrogator we've got” Uriel said eyeing Dean as he looked down slightly. “Dean, you are our best hope” Cas said.

I felt my heart start to race slightly. “No. No way. You can't ask me to do this, Cas. Not this” Dean said and I could hear he was begging.

“Who said anything about asking?” Uriel questioned as he walked up to Dean and the two of them disappeared.

“Cas, where did they go?” I demanded.

“You’ll find out. We might need you too” he said, walking to me, putting a hand on my shoulder as Sam and Brit lunged at us but they were just too slow and we weren’t in the room anymore.

We were in some abandoned building and Dean was giving me a confused look but I didn’t know what to say, I just shook my head and shrugged. How could I possibly help here? I looked through a small window and saw Alastair was in the other room chained to a big wooden pentagon which was in the middle of a devil’s trap.

“This devil's trap is old Enochian. He's bound completely” Cas said.

“Fascinating. Where’s the door?” Dean asked as he took my hand and led me in a direction.

“Where are you going?”

“Hitch back to Cheyenne, thank you very much” he replied but then Uriel blocked our way.

“Angels are dying, boy”

Everybody is dying these days” I said, narrowing my eyes at him.

“And hey, I get it. You're all-powerful. You can make me do whatever you want. But you can't make me do this” Dean said, sternly.

“This is too much to ask, I know. But we have to ask it” Cas said and then it was silent.

I eyed Dean as he eyed Cas. “We want to talk to Cas alone” I spoke and Dean looked at me, just thanking me with his eyes as I held my eyes with Uriel.

“I think I'll go seek revelation. We might have some further orders” he finally said.

“Well, get some donuts while you're out” Dean quipped.

Uriel laughed. “Ah, this one just won't quit, will he? Heaven help us, I think I'm starting to like you, boy” he said and then vanished.

We turned to face Cas. “Ya know, you guys don’t walk enough. You’re gonna get flabby” I quipped lightly. He didn’t react.

“I'm starting to think junkless has a better sense of humor than you do” Dean said.

“Uriel's the funniest angel in the garrison. Ask anyone” Wow…okay then.

“What's going on, Cas? Since when does Uriel put a leash on you?” I questioned lightly.

“My superiors have begun to question my sympathies”

“Your sympathies?” Dean asked

“I was getting too close to the humans in my charge…the two of you. Even to your brother and Brittney. They feel I've begun to express emotions. The doorways to doubt. This can impair my judgment”

“So they knock you down the ladder and put Uriel in charge?”

“He is a proud and able instrument of God”

“The demotion, doesn't it get your loincloth in a twist?”

“It is what it is to be"

“Well, tell Uriel, or whoever...you do not want me doing this, trust me”

“Want it, no. But I have been told we need it”

"Cas, the things that I did, what I became…” Dean started and then glanced at me. “You ask me to open that door and walk through it, you will not like what walks back out”

“You know what we're all fighting for. And dying for. What Pamela lost her life for. You know what will happen if we fail. For what it's worth, I would give anything not to have you do this” He was silent for a moment as I watched him.

“What’s Melissa here for?” Dean finally asked and I moved my eyes to Cas.

“I was told that if you do not do it, she will have to…or she will join you”

“No. No. I don’t want her in there. Take her home”

“Dean, I don’t want it anymore than you do but she can help”

“How? How could she possibly help?”

“She was connected to your emotions while you were in Hell. She has her own persuasive ways”

Dean eyed me. It was kind of true…I did think about how to torture Alastair before because of what he did to Dean…I just never thought I would ever be able to do it.

“No. I wont allow it”

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. “Fine…she will stay out here with me” Cas offered.

Dean hesitated. “Fine…but you have to watch her…I’ll need a few things” he finally agreed.

Cas got a cart loaded with stuff that Dean asked for…I even added some extra things to the list that Dean could use. Then, he headed toward the door and looked back at me, winked and then he wheeled the cart into the room, putting his game face on. Right before the door shut completely, I saw Alastair look up and I saw that he saw me and he had an evil grin on his face that I just wanted to stab. I wrapped my arms around my stomach, feeling empty and nervous. I felt Cas staring at me as my ears perked up so I could listen in on what they were saying on the other side of the door.

“Heaven, I'm in heaven, and my heart beats so that I can hardly speak, and I seem to find the happiness I seek, when we're out together dancing cheek to cheek…” a heard Alastair sing.

Then, I heard the cart’s wheels stop rolling and I heard Dean whip off the cloth that covered the torture implements. Alastair started to laugh.

“I'm sorry. This is a very serious, very emotional situation for you. I shouldn't laugh, it's just that-I mean, are they serious? They sent you to torture me?”

“You got one chance. One. Tell me who's killing the angels. I want a name” Dean demanded.

“You think I'll see all your scary toys and spill my guts?”

“Oh, you'll spill your guts, one way or another. I just didn't wanna ruin my shoes…now answer the question”

“Or what? You'll work me over? But then, maybe you don't want to. Maybe you're, ah, scared to”

“I'm here, aren't I?"

“Not entirely. You left part of yourself back in the Pit. Let's see if we can get the two of you back together again, shall we?”

“You're gonna be disappointed”

“You have not disappointed me so far. Come on. You gotta want a little payback for everything I did to you. For all the pokes and prods. Hm?”

Dean didn’t respond to the taunting. Good boy. “No? Um...how about for all the things I did to your daddy?” Ah crap.

“Maybe you should get your little girlfriend in here too. I’m sure she would love to see what a monster you’ve become…but then again, she shouldn’t be phased since she is one of us” Ah double crap.

“Maybe you shouldn’t eavesdrop” Cas suggested. “Sorry, it’s a force of habit…” I said, absentmindedly, ready to hear Dean’s reply.

But, I didn’t hear anything. I turned to face Cas. “You can do that? Just dim my senses with a snap of your fingers?” I asked.

It wasn’t harsh and I didn’t give attitude, I was just curious...and shocked. “It’s just temporary…but I don’t think Dean would want you listening in”

“Dean doesn’t want me to do a lot of things” I sighed and crossed my arms across my chest instead.

I glanced over my shoulder at the door. “I don’t think this is a good idea, Cas…I have a really bad feeling in my stomach” I said.

“Maybe it’s just gas” he said and I snapped my head at him narrowing my eyes. Did he really just say that?

“Umm no, I don’t think so” I said slowly.

“That was supposed to be a joke” he said. All the while, he was keeping a pin straight face.

“Oh…funny. That was a good one” I complimented lightly and glanced back over my shoulder at the door, biting the inside of my cheek. Is that what Dean and I sound like when we make jokes in inappropriate situations?

“I’m not very good at small talk” he admitted.

“It’s alright. Sometimes, neither am I” I assured him as I spun to look at him again. I gave him a warm smile.

“I see why Dean has such an infatuation with you”

I felt heat rise to my cheeks but I didn’t respond. Instead, I pushed the blush away and kept eye contact with Cas. “Why do I remember what Dean remembers from Hell?” I asked, looking at him again.

“It could be that Alastair wanted to put you through pain and since you’re half demon, he found a way how to send the images from Dean to you...but I think it's because of the connection between you and Dean. You didnt want to leave him and let go so your demon half found a way to be with him even though it hurt”

I felt my stomach churn. “So…I’m really…technically…half demon?” I asked.

He just stared at me for a moment. “I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have said that…” I didn’t react. I just waited for an answer. “Not exactly. No. It’s just your senses that are enhanced. You aren’t strong like a demon and you cant do things that demons can”

I nodded. “Melissa…you should know that Dean was brought back for you”

I just stared at him. “I don’t understand”

“We were going to need you either way and…the path you were going down before I pulled Dean out…” he stopped as I hung my head in shame. I knew already it wasn’t a good path…and I was ashamed of it.

“You wouldn’t have been able to handle all of this without him around. That was obvious. You wouldn’t have cared if angels threatened your life. You wouldn’t have cared if people died as an end result…” That’s horrible…I’m horrible.

“We were going to pull him out anyway because he plays a major roll in all of this…but you should know that part of it is because of you…you both have rolls to play”

“And what rolls are those?”

“You’ll find out in time”

“And I thought we were having such a good conversation” I quipped lightly since this whole time he was actually giving me straight answers.

I wasn’t sure if it was to distract me from Dean or just because he was a terrible conversationalist but I did appreciate it.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333