‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Rising of the Witnesses Part 1

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
It was day and we were at Bobby’s house now. As Bobby was in the living room reading some book, Brit and I were in the kitchen with the boys as they were having one of their fights (of course) but this time Brit and I were being dragged into it at some points.

“Well, then tell me what else it could have been” Sam said, frustrated. “Look, all I know is that Mel and I were not groped by an angel” Dean argued.

“Okay, look, Dean. Why do you think this Castiel would lie to you about it?”

“Maybe he's some kind of demon. Demons lie” Dean said as I watched him pace.

Then, I picked up a slice of pizza from the counter and sniffed it, it smelt pretty old. Sam threw his head back. “A demon who's immune to salt rounds? And devil's traps? And Ruby's knife?” Sam questioned as Dean looked at me and gestured to the pizza with his head.

I shrugged and held it out to him. He sniffed it too and then threw it back into the box, making a face. I saw Brit roll her eyes but I just shrugged. “Dean, Lilith is scared of that thing” Brit brought up and I tensed up at the name.

“Don’t you guys think that if angels were real that some hunter, somewhere, would have seen one at some point?” I said, calmly.

Dean and Sam were the ones who did the yelling…who were we to take that job from them? “Yeah. You both just did”

“We’re trying to come up with a theory here, ok, work with us” Dean said.

“Dean, we have a theory” Sam said.

“Yeah, one with a little less fairy dust on it, please”

“Okay, look. I'm not saying we know for sure I'm just saying that I think we…”

“Okay, okay, that's the point. We don't know for sure so I'm not gonna believe this thing is a freaking ‘angel of the lord’ because it said so”

“You chuckleheads wanna keep arguing religion, or you wanna come look at this?” Bobby voiced and we all looked over at him.

“I got stacks of lore. Biblical, pre-Biblical, some of it's in damn cuneiform. It all says an angel can snatch a soul from the pit”

I saw Dean touch his shoulder where he had that hand print and we all looked at the drawings on the pages of an angel pulling a human out of Hell. “What else?” Dean demanded.

“What else, what?”

“What else could do it?”

“Airlift your ass out of the hot box? As far as I can tell, nothing” he answered, sitting back in his chair.

I had a slightly skeptical look on my face as Dean was pure skeptical. A smile played at Sam’s lips as Brit wasn’t sure if she should frown or smile but she was leaning toward a smile…she was with Sam way too much.

“Dean, this is good news” Sam spoke.

“How?”

“Because for once this isn't another round of demon crap. I mean, maybe you were saved by one of the good guys, you know?”

“Okay. Say it's true. Say, there are angels. Then what? There's a God?” he said, not believing any of it one bit.

“At this point, Vegas money's on ‘yeah’” Bobby even agreed with Sam. “I don't know guys” Dean shook his head, turning away and he took a few steps.

“Dean, we know you aren’t all choirboy about this stuff and you know I’m even a little skeptical myself but I think it might be becoming less about faith and more about proof” Brit said.

“Proof?” he inquired, turning back to us. “Yes” Sam confirmed.

“Proof that there's a God out there that actually gives a crap about me, personally? I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it”

Why not?” I asked, crossing my arms.

“Because. Why me? If there's a God out there, why would he give a crap about me?…you’re not believing this, are you Mel?”

“No, I’m not. But, I heard what Castiel said, Dean…why do you think you didn’t deserve to be saved?…and why cant God give a crap about you or me?”

“I never said he didn’t give a crap about you”

“No but you’re pretty much implying it if you’re denying the whole angle thing…this isn’t just you anymore. It’s me too. I was dragged into this…”

“I don’t know! We’re just regular people! I’m a regular guy…I've saved some people, okay. I figure I've made up for the, for the stealing and the, the ditching chicks and being a terrible guy…”

His eyes went to me and I wrapped an arm around my stomach as I suddenly felt self conscious. “But why do I deserve to get saved?” he continued.

“Well, apparently you're regular people who are important to the man upstairs” Sam stated.

“Well, that creeps me out. I mean, I don't like getting singled out with girls at birthday parties, much less by...God”

“Okay, I'll agree with you on that one” I muttered. “Okay, well too bad. Because I think he wants you both to strap on your party hats” Brit quipped.

Dean calmed down a bit at that and then he stared at me as I stared back…and we had a silent conversation. Then, he cleared his throat. “Fine. What do we know about angels?” he said and I nodded as we all face Bobby again who was taking all of this in. He grabbed a big pile of books from the floor, lifted them and dropped them onto the desk with a thud. I frowned right away.

“Start reading” he said.

I snapped a finger up at Sam. “You are going to get us some pie” I said.

Dean slammed his hand down on a book that was at the top of the pile and he raised his eyebrows, nodding in agreement, pointing at me while looking at them. Then, I grabbed a few books and the two of us went back into the kitchen to get started.

~~~~

While Dean and I were sitting at the table in the kitchen, we were on speaker phone with Brit and Sam since they decided to go to the store for some small refreshments to help us stay more focused or whatever…Dean and I were just hungry. “Yes, Dean. I’ll get the chips” Sam said.

“And don’t forget the pie!” I chimed in. “Yea!” Dean agreed.

“Dude, have we ever forgotten the pie?” Brit questioned, rhetorically. We were silent but, they barely gave us time to answer. “Exactly…we gotta go though…” Sam said quickly and then just hung up.

As I went back to reading…I felt Dean’s eyes on me. “You mind keeping your eyes inside your head? I can’t read with you watching me like that”

“Why…do I turn you on? Do I distract you” he said, suggestively and I could tell he was wiggling his eyebrows at me.

“Yea, that’s it”

He leaned his face closer to mine but I kept my eyes on the book in front of me, trying to make it look like I was reading. “How long are you going to keep this act up?” he whispered.

“It’s not an act” I shrugged.

“Ya know…I know you’re lying”

“Believe whatever you like” I smirked as I turned my head to look at him.

He was eyeing me and I admit…I was undressing him with my eyes…and I think he may have known because he started to smirk himself as we had this kind of sexual tension between us.

“You gonna make me ask?” he murmured and I realized our faces were closer than I thought. “Don’t ask” I said, sternly, smirk gone. “I’m going to ask...and remember, you said you'll never say no” he grinned.

Don’t, Dean

“Melissa…” he started as he started to lean in.

But, then Bobby walked in and I backed up immediately and straightened my posture so Dean’s head almost went into my chest but I put a hand up against his face and pushed him away.

“Hey, you two…you make me sick. Come help me outside” he said and I felt my cheeks turn slightly pink but I pushed the blush away as I just smirked, shaking my head and I stood up, following Bobby out as Dean followed behind me.

We helped Bobby load up his car, getting him ready to go because of a friend of his has disappeared off the social map. Brit and Sam pulled up in the Impala but Bobby told Sam to keep the engine running, that’s when he told them that his friend, a hunter named Olivia Lowry, in the next state over hasn’t been answering her phone when Bobby tried to warn her about this angel thing. He said it wasn’t like her to ignore this many calls so we were going to go check on her. Brit got out of the Impala and handed me a bag with my snacks in it as Sam handed Dean a bag as well and I got excited for a minute but then my excitement left me.

“Dude…where’s the pie?” I asked her and I heard Dean ask the same thing. She forgot my pie! “Not. Cool” I added as I headed over to the truck and she followed as she sighed.

“I’m sorry bout the pie, Mel” she laughed lightly as we got in the truck.

“I got distracted”

“Yea, by Sam’s ass. You forgot my pie. I am not speaking to you. Humph”

I held my head high as I started up the truck and we all hit the road. She just laughed at me. Ha, she thought I was kidding…

~~

We followed Bobby and arrived at this house. As we all got armed with our shotguns, we walked through the door and it hit me right away. The smell of iron. I gripped onto Brit’s arm as I tried to adjust to the stench…it’s been a while since I used my senses to do this stuff…. She looked at me, nodding and I knew she smelt it too…even though I could always smell blood, she could always smell death…we can hardly call them gifts.

“Olivia?” Bobby called out.

I nudged Dean but when he looked at me, so did Sam and I shook my head sadly and flared my nostrils once so they noticed and exchanged looks. We pushed on though, looking around…and then we saw Bobby was just staring at something. We walked over to him and then, we saw on the floor of the living room floor, there was a body completely split open and her rib cage was visibly forced open and there was blood…lots of blood…all around her. She was also inside a salt-lined circle. Her weapon was on the floor laying beside her. Bobby walked away immediately and Dean called after him. I guess she was Olivia.

Sam, Brit and I started toward Olivia and I bent down beside her body. “Salt line” I noted and just stared sadly at the woman.

I got a little queasy and dizzy just looking at the blood so I stood up and focused on my breathing. Dean came back and walked over to her weapons that laid on a table which was inside some closet and he picked up an EMF meter off the floor.

“Spirit activity” Sam stated. “Yeah, on steroids. I've never seen a ghost do this to a person” Dean said, looking down at her.

Then, I heard a door open and Bobby came back. “You okay Bobby?” Brit asked, gently and we all looked at him awaiting an answer as he was holding his cell phone and he seemed really…worried?

“I called some hunters nearby…

“Good. We could use the help” Dean said.

“Except, they ain't answering their phones either” he said and put his phone back into his coat, being a little taken back as he stared down at his dead friend.

“Something's up, huh?” Sam guessed. “You think?” Bobby replied and with that, we left.

While Bobby went to go check on another hunter, he assigned a different hunter to Sam and Dean as he assigned another to Brit and I. He told us to check on this hunter, Carl Bates so that’s exactly what we went to do. On the way there, I tried calling Carl but he wasn’t picking up. I left a message saying, Hey, Carl, it’s Melissa Stern. I’m a friend of Bobby’s and he asked me to check on you because something’s going on and we think whatever it is, it’s after hunters. We just wanted to check up on you. Call me back. But, he didn’t call back…and when we got to his house, we found out why. His insides were on the out just like Olivia. Then, as Brit was inspecting the body, my cell started to ring and it was Dean and Bobby doing three-way.

“Yeah, we're at Jed's. It's not pretty. He looks even worse than Olivia. How about you, Mel?” Dean asked.

“Same thing for Carl, we’re here right now. It’s really bad…and you Bobby?”

“I checked on R.C Adams…he re-decorated. In red”

I sighed as Brit and I left the house and headed for the truck. “What the hell's going on here, Bobby?” I asked. “Why do a bunch of ghosts suddenly want to gank off-duty hunters?” Dean added.

“I don't know…but until we find out, you all better get your asses to my place”

“We're on our way” Dean said. “See you in a few” I added.

~~~

Night had fallen but we had to stop by the nearest gas station to fill up the truck and Brit had to pee so she raced to the restaurant right next door but she was kind of taking a long time. I sauntered over to the restaurant and went to the back and used the side exit that led straight into the bathroom. I walked in and was shocked as I saw Brit was being cornered by Haylie. Haylie was our friend from when we were ten and she died playing Bloody Mary.

“You and Melissa knew about the stupid game and about Bloody Mary…but you let me say it anyway. You killed me!” she shouted and threw Brit into a sink and then smashed her head into the mirror, shattering it as she fell to the floor.

“And you know Henricksen? Yea, remember him? He was my cousin and you killed him too!…imagine that…” she said and even though I was in even more shock, I didn’t hesitate when I whipped out my gun to shoot her.

She vanished. I quickly got to Brit, helping her up and out of the bathroom. We rushed to the truck as I was doing my best to keep her up and once I got her in, I got in myself and raced off.

“Hey…you okay? How’s your face?”

“Hurts”

“It’s killing me, too” I cracked and she smiled sarcastically. “Sorry…how many fingers am I holding up?” I asked, keeping both hands on the wheel.

“None…I’m fine, Mel”

“Good…now what the Hell?” I said in complete disbelief.

“I have no idea”

“Haylie? Really? Why?”

“We killed her. That’s why”

“Brit…”

“Well, we did…and her cousin! Wow, this is just priceless” Brit shook her head.

I just glanced at her, not responding and decided to call Dean but he beat me to it. “Are you girls okay?” he asked right away as I put him on speaker.

“Kind of…Brit just got beat up by this girl that we used to hang out with…and she’s dead”

“Did she blame you for her death?”

“Yea…she said it was our fault she died because of a stupid Bloody Mary game that she played at this slumber party we were all at when we were like ten…and get this. She was Henricksen’s cousin” I said, still in shock.

“Seriously?”

“Yep”

“Well, actually we had a run-in with Henricksen just now…”

“No…”

Oh yea

“Did you try Bobby?”

“Yea, he’s not picking up”

“Okay, we’ll pick up the pace then” I said and with that I hung up. “So, the people we killed are coming after us for revenge…well this is dandy” she said.

“Look, Bobby isn’t picking up his phone and I feel sick just thinking about Haylie coming after us in a ghost form. So, no more sarcasm. No more thinking…unless you’re thinking answers. Otherwise don’t talk” I said sternly and she didn’t respond.

I sighed and started to give it some more gas, going as fast as I could on the open road while keeping an eye out for cops and at the same time, just wanting to get to Bobby’s house as soon as possible.

~~~~

“Bobby!?” I called out as Brit and I ran inside with our shotguns. There was silence. “Bobby!?” Brit called out as well.

Then, the door flew open, hitting me in the back and I flew to the floor. “Mel, what are you doing?” Dean asked me. “Oh, you know. Just chilling” I snapped at him, getting to my feet.

“Bobby!” Sam called out and we all followed him as we got to the staircase. A fire poker was laying on the floor and Dean pointed upstairs.

“I’ll go. Mel, you check around here on the first floor. Sam and Brit check outside” Dean instructed and we all nodded before Sam and Brit took off outside, Dean headed upstairs and I started walking around, carefully and cautiously.

Then…I saw my breath became cold. “Hello Melissa” I heard a voice and my eyes widened.

I spun around to see a ghost. She was about ten years old, had dark skin and had a lot of pain and revenge in her eyes. “Haylie?”

“Yea it’s me. I look good for a ten year old ghost right? Ten forever…and it’s your fault. You knew things Mel at that party. Why did you let me say her name?”

“You all just would’ve thought I was crazy Haylie and you would’ve done it anyway…”

“So you sat there and just let me create my own death sentence” she sneered.

“I was only ten, I didn’t know any better. I thought…”

“No you weren’t thinking about anyone else but yourself and Brittney…and here we are…I’m dead…and you’re standing in front of me waiting for your death sentence” she said and lunged at me. But, I quickly shot her and she vanished.

“Melissa?” I heard Dean call out but he seemed to struggle with it. “I’m fine!” I called back. But, then I heard some thumps. “Dean!” I yelled as I raced toward the stairs and flew up them.

When I got to the top, I turned the corner to see Dean on the floor, holding his stomach in pain and a blond woman was standing over him. She turned around to look at me.

“Melissa…remember me? You walked into the bus station with Adam was it? And even with your weird demon powers, you still couldn’t sense that I was possessed”

“Meg” I breathed out in shock.

I remembered it perfectly. It was maybe a month or two after Brit and I joined Sam and Dean and Dean and Brit went into a nearby town to check out some kind of scarecrow case while Sam and I went in the other direction to go find John. On the way, we ran into Meg and I bumped into this guy named Adam. I never saw him again but he’s part of the reason why I decided Sam and I should go back to Dean and Brit. Meg still wanted Sam to go with her but obviously that didn’t happen. But, here she stood…the real Meg.

“You know…I had a sister…a little sister. She worshipped me. You both know how little siblings are, right? How they'll do anything for you. She was never the same after I disappeared. She just...she just got lost. And when my body was lying in the morgue. Beat up. Broken” she said, venomously as she started to get closer to me.

“Meg…” I started.

“Do you know what that did to her? She killed herself!” she yelled and put her hands on my shoulder, bringing me down and kneeing me in the stomach twice.

I fell to the ground. “Because of you guys! Because all you were thinking about was your family, your revenge and your demons. 50 words of Latin a little sooner and I'd still be alive” she said and kicked me in the stomach three times.

I spit up some blood. “My baby sister would still be alive. Melissa, Dean…that blood is on your hands!”

“You're right” I heard Dean say. She kicked my gun away from me and spun around to walk over to Dean and kicked him in the stomach too.

I saw Dean crawl his way into a room at the end of the hallway as I was gripping my stomach, not being even able to move because of the pain. I heard Meg taunting Dean as she was looking down at him. I heard a shot but it wasn’t at her, it was at an old circle iron lamp was hanging and it fell to the ground, over Meg and she disappeared. I grunted as I banged my head on the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333