‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Screw You

Dean and I got back to the motel and saw some letters went out on the sign. It wasn’t the Toreador Motel anymore…it was the Red Motel…just like Chuck saw it. “Great” I grunted as we got out of the Impala and rushed to the room. “Lets, go. We’re leaving” I said.

“What? Where?” Brit asked as Dean and I were tossing things back and forth to each other to get packed quickly.

“Anywhere, okay? Out of this motel, out of this town. I don't care if we got to swim, we are getting out” Dean said. “Guys, where are the hex bags?” I asked Sam and Brit.

“We burned them” Sam said. “You what?” Dean asked and my eyes widened as my face became hard. “Look, if Lilith is coming, which is a big ‘if’…” Brit started.

“No, Brit. It’s more than an ‘if’"

“Chuck is not a psychic. He's a prophet” Dean added.

“What?”

“Cas showed up, and apparently Chuck is writing the gospel of us”

“Okay” Sam said like it was no big deal. “Okay. Let's get the hell out of here” I said. “No” they both said.

“No? What do you mean no?” I hissed, narrowing my eyes. “Lilith is gonna slaughter you…then she’s going to slaughter Brittney and then Melissa…” Dean said.

“Maybe she will, maybe she won't” Sam shrugged.

“So what? You think you can take her?”

“Maybe not alone. Brit will be nearby the whole time and maybe even Melissa if she agrees…but only one way to find out, Dean, and I say bring her on”

“Sam…”

“You think I'll do it, don't you? You think I'll go dark side”

“I do! I think you’ll go dark side Sam and I think you’ll bring Brittney with you. Especially with the way you two have been acting lately” I said, suddenly feeling myself get choked up and overwhelmed.

They both seemed taken back by my outburst as Dean stood at my side and I felt him agree with me. “And the things you two have been doing?” I added as they both seemed startled.

“Yea, we know. How you ripped Alastair apart like it was nothing, like you were swatting a fly” Dean said. “Cas told us” I admitted, wrapping my arms around my stomach.

“What else did he tell you?” Brit asked. “Nothing we don't already know. That you've been using your psychic crap, and you've been getting stronger” Dean said. “We just don't know why, and we don't know how” I added. “It's not what you think” Sam said.

“Then what is it, Sam? 'Cause Mel and I are at a total loss…are you two coming or not?”

“No” they both answered. I shook my head as Dean faced the door, ready to walk out but he threw his bag onto the chair before walking out. “Mel…” Brit and Sam both started. “Don’t” I said, sternly and just walked out and over to Dean who was at the vending machine.

I started to pace as I put my hands on my hips and I threw my head back. “I’m going to feel stupid doing this…so will you do it with me?” he chimed and I looked at him.

I wasn’t sure what he meant. “Your dad…he was religious…so if anything you have more experience with it” Now I understood.

“You don’t need experience to pray, Dean” I smiled lightly.

“Well, will you still do it with me?”

“Yea…sure” I nodded. He stared at me, waiting for me to do something. I looked up to the sky and threw my arms out to the side. “Okay, look! I’m praying! It’s been a long time since I prayed but I’m praying now!”

I looked back at Dean. “That’s how you pray?”

“There’s no specific way…I like to yell so that’s how I do it”

“Well, I’m kind of fresh out of options, here so…yea. I’m praying too. Please, we need help” Dean stressed, looking up.

Then, Cas just appeared a few feet behind Dean. He nodded at me once and then Dean looked at me and I nodded my head over to Cas. “Prayer is a sign of faith. This is a good thing, Dean…especially since it’s coming from both of you

“So does that mean you'll help us?” I asked. “I'm not sure what I can do”

“Drag Sam and Brit out of here. Now. Before Lilith shows up” Dean said.

“It's a prophecy. I can't interfere”

“Cas! You have tested us and thrown us in all different directions and we’ve never asked you for a damn thing” I said, stalking toward him. “But now we’re asking. We need your help. Please” Dean begged as he got to my side.

“What you're both asking, it's...not within my power to do”

“Why? 'Cause it's ‘divine prophecy’?”

“Yes”

“So, what, we're just supposed to sit around and, and wait for it to happen?” I questioned, narrowing my eyes.

“I'm sorry”

“Screw you”

“You and your mission. Your God. If you don't help us now, then when the time comes and you need us...don't bother knocking” Dean added and we pushed passed Cas and started walking away.

“Dean. Melissa”

“What?!” we both snapped, spinning around to face him.

“You must understand why I can't intercede. Prophets are very special. They're protected”

“We get that” Dean said, annoyed.

“If anything threatens a prophet, anything at all, an archangel will appear to destroy that threat. Archangels are fierce. They're absolute. They're heaven's most terrifying weapon” Okay…now I knew where he was going with this.

“And these archangels, they're tied to prophets?”

“Yes”

“So if a prophet was in the same room as a demon…” I started.

“Then the most fearsome wrath of heaven would rain down on that demon. Just so you understand…why I can't help”

Dean and I eyed him…but we were grateful. “Thanks, Cas” we both said.

“Good luck”

The two of us sprinted toward the Impala and the truck. “What are you doing?” he asked me as I jumped up and over onto the bed of my truck with ease.

“We’re going to get there faster this way” I said and passed the bike down to him as he quickly helped and set it down.

He grabbed his helmet out of the Impala as I already had mine on and I got on, starting it up right away. Dean got on behind me and I flew out of the parking lot, having some cars honk at me as I skidded down the road. I cut around cars, went through traffic and in mere seconds, we were at Chuck’s house. I threw the kickstand down and jumped off, heading for Chuck‘s porch. I turned to see Dean stumbling off the bike.

“Dean?”

“I’m fine…I’m good…just give me warning when you’re going to drive like that” he grunted. “Sorry” I muttered and helped him stand straight and we raced inside.

Chuck jumped up, clearly surprised. Good. “What are you doing here? I didn't write this”

“Come on. You’re coming with us” I said as Dean gripped onto his robe to pull him out the door…he was pretty much manhandling him.

“What? Where?”

“To the motel where Sam and Brittney are” Dean said.

"That's where Lilith is”

“Yeah, exactly. We need you to stop her”

“Are you insane? Lilith? I know what she's capable of, Dean…” he pulled free of Dean’s grip. “I wrote her”

“Alright, you listen to me. You have an archangel tethered to you, okay?” I spoke slowly so he could understand. “All you got to do is show up and boom! Lilith gets smoked” Dean added.

“But I-I haven't seen that yet. Th-the story…”

“Chuck, you're the only shot that we've got left”

“But...I'm just a writer"

“This isn’t just a story anymore man! It’s real and you’re in it! Now, we need you to get off your ass and fight!”

“No friggin' way”

“Okay…plan B then. Dean has a freaking gun in his pocket and if you don’t come with us, I will whip it out and freaking blow your brains out!” I yelled at him, getting in his face.

He stammered a little as he tried to get the courage to just look at me. “I-I thought you said I was protected by an archangel”

“Well, interesting exercise. If I pull out my gun right now and just hand it to her, you want to see who the quicker draw is?” Dean quipped.

I heard him smirk but I didn’t even look at him, I kept my hard stare on Chuck. “Chuck, you wrote about me…so if it keeps Brittney safe and Sam safe…you know what I will do and I can promise you that you wont like it” I continued to glare.

“Okay, okay, just please, don’t hurt me” he begged. “Put this on” I shoved my helmet into his hands. “Lets go” I ordered and headed out.

“She scares me” I heard Chuck whisper to Dean. “Yea, she does that” Dean said and I heard him smile but I couldn’t even enjoy it because I was focusing on just getting back to the motel.

I stood up on the front pegs as Dean sat behind me and Chuck was behind him. I hit the gas and I heard Chuck yelp but he got his grip on Dean’s jacket. “Well, I like this view” I head Dean say.

I just rolled my eyes and ignored him as I started to go faster and I heard some more yelps from Chuck. We got back to the motel in seconds and I threw the kickstand down.

“Okay, I don’t feel too hot now” Chuck said as he stumbled off and Dean caught him, helping him stand. “It wears off” he said.

Then, Chuck pulled my helmet off his head and threw up in it. “Oh, gross…come on” I sighed and he dropped the helmet as I pulled him along.

I threw him into the room as Dean shut the door behind all of us and there we saw Sam was thrown onto the bed and I saw Brittney was ready to attack the blond chick in front of us but stopped when they all looked at us.

“I am the prophet, Chuck!”

“You've got to be joking” Lilith said.

“Honey, this is no joke” I said and then the room started to shake and a bright white light started to form over the room, flooding through the windows.

“See, Chuck here's got an archangel on his shoulder” I said. “And you've got about 10 seconds before this room is full of wrath and you're a piece of charcoal. You sure you want to tangle with that?” Dean asked.

Then, she looked back at Sam…then at Brittney…and then she looked at me and held her eyes with mine. I didn’t back down though, I just stared her down with my hard stare and then the black smoke started to pour out of the chick’s body as she screamed and then she fell to the ground…and Lilith was gone…and I felt relief wash over me…for the moment.

Night fell and I had Brittney in the seat next to me as we were in the truck, on the road, behind the boys and she was cleaning my helmet for me. She already got Chuck’s insides out and she was just wiping it down, making the smell go away as we rolled down the windows since his stench was terrible. She told me how she was hiding in the closet, ready to strike and she listened to Lilith was trying to make a deal with Sam. Lilith offered to step down from breaking the seals…letting Lucifer keep rotting in Hell…if Sam agreed to giving his head to her…along with mine, Brit’s and Dean’s. Brit told me how Lilith was actually in shock when Brit popped out of no where and she seemed siked about having the element of surprise when it came to Lilith…and I let her have her moment…but I still had a billion thoughts running through my head.

“So…the deal…would you have taken it?” I asked her.

“Dude, you and Dean have been spending all day just trying to talk Sam and I off the Lilith track”

“I’m just asking…” I shrugged.

“She would have found a way to weasel out of it…and it would’ve cost all of our lives…and I wouldn’t have had sex with her anyway”

I cracked a smile at her small dirty joke. She smiled too but it faltered. “I knew Sam wasn’t going to make the deal” she said quietly. I nodded. “Okay”

“Are you starting to have doubts about Sam…not just me?”

“I don’t have doubts about you…I have doubts about your judgment” I said, keeping my eyes on the road. “You know I love Sam…and it’s not him that I doubt…it’s his choices”

She just nodded. Then, she sighed. “It’s not the point anyway” she said.

“What is the point?”

“Lilith is scared. It was obvious. She’s running”

“From what?”

“I don’t know…but she’s telling the truth about one thing…she isn’t going to survive the apocalypse…I’m going to make sure of it” I could hear the venom in her voice.

Yea, I wanted to tear Lilith to shreds more than anything just for sending Dean down to Hell…and I would be doing it for revenge but it’s not like it would change anything. Dean still went to Hell. He was there…now he’s back. What made me on edge was the fact that I used to be the one who would get serious and violent…but seeing it come from Brittney…well it kind of scared me. I really don’t think I have my Brittney anymore…shes been replaced by someone much scarier than I am…and okay, I lied before and I’ll admit it…I can be scary…but Brittney…she started to show that she’s down right terrifying….
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333