‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Overwhelmed Part 2

We were back up in Bobby’s living room. “I'm gonna ask one more time. Are we absolutely sure we're doing the right thing?”

“Bobby, you saw what was happening to them down there. The demon blood is killing them” Dean said.

“No, it’s not…we are” I said monotonously as I kept my arms crossed and my back was facing them as I stared at the door leading down to the basement.

“What, Mel?” Dean asked.

“We’re killing them, keeping them locked up” I said.

“She’s right, Dean. I'm sorry. I can't bite my tongue any longer. We are killing them. This cold-turkey thing isn't working. If…if they don’t get what they need, soon, Sam and Brittney aren’t gonna last much longer”

“No. I'm not giving either of them demon blood. I won't do it”

“And if they die?”

“Then they die human!” I snapped, spinning around to face them. “I am fully aware that we are killing them and I would die for both of them in a second…but I cant let them do this to themselves” I spoke as my voice lightened up slightly.

“Neither of us can…I guess I found my line. I won't let my brother and my best friend turn into monsters” Dean said.

It got even later and I felt my eyelids start to get heavy as I stopped pacing and I just stood in my spot. “Ya know, I think you’re the only girl I know who can actually sleep standing up” Dean said to me and my eyes only opened slightly.

“Mmm shut up” I muttered and then rubbed my face to try and wake myself up.

I saw him and Bobby exchange a look. “Come on, it’s Bobby’s turn to be on watch anyway. You need sleep” he said. “Well, so do you” I said and just let him lead me to the couch.

“I know. I’ll get some sleep too” he said and laid down on the couch.

He got me to lay down as well as he wrapped his arms around me, keeping me close so I wouldn’t fall off. I inhaled his scent and in seconds I felt myself go out like a light.

~~~~

I sat at the piano, a bit confused as to where I was…but I looked around and saw I was on a floating, wooden platform in the middle of a lake. It was a lake that Brittney’s family and my family used to vacation at…and I even had some memories of Dean and Sam tagging along while John was on a hunt. It was just me and the piano though. I played some of the keys…and smiled at the thought of my dad loving the sound of the piano…and in a split second, he was sitting on the bench beside me. All I could do was stare at him, dumbfounded.

“Hey there, Butter Cup” he smiled his flawless smile that used to make me an optimistic kind of person. Now look at me…I’m known as the damaged, miserable kind of person.

“What’s wrong, bud?” he asked me as his voice was light and soothing…like an angel…and I could only hope that’s what he was.

“I’m tired, dad” I admitted.

“Take a nap” he shrugged.

I gave him a look. He chuckled. “You know you got that look from me…you just got practice from being put against Dean…what a boy, that one” he shook his head.

I stayed silent, thinking over his words. “I don’t know what to do, daddy” I said quietly. “I don’t think I know right from wrong anymore”

“You have my gut instinct, Mel…whatever your gut…and whatever your heart tells you to do…it’s the right thing to do”

“My gut is telling me Brit and Sammy are changing for the bad and doing the wrong thing…but my heart doesn’t want to believe it and it wants to yank them out of that cell we put them in and just hug them”

He looked down at the keys on the piano for a second, thinking of what to say next. “You chose to not let…it change who you really are…” he said and I knew he was talking about what makes me a screwed up half demon.

“And you chose that all on your own…when I told you that’s what made you different from everyone else, you did what you wanted with the information…now, I don’t know if Sam and Brit exactly know what they’re getting themselves into but with the only information they have…they’re using it to do what they think it right”

“So what you’re saying is…maybe they don’t know all the information?” I questioned. “Ya know, I never knew what the hell you were saying when you talked like that…I’m surprised you didn’t use a metaphor”

He laughed. “Well, I could say Sam and Brit are being played like a piano…having no control of what they want to play…it all depends on what the person is playing”

“That’s a simile, dad”

“Hmm guess it is…I’ll shape up for next time you call”

“You can come here whenever you want?”

“Whenever you want”

“I always want you here. Waiting for me”

“Then, when you come back, I’ll be waiting” he promised.

I opened my mouth to tell him that I loved him…but then my eyes widened. I heard a loud creaking noise…I turned my head to look but I just saw some trees and sand where the water stopped. Then, I looked again and saw dad was gone. They don’t have all the information…Ruby isn’t telling them everything they need to know. I felt a strong presence…and I want to say it felt like Cas…and I heard footsteps running outside…I tried to will myself to wake up…and then I heard a car drive off....


I shot my eyes open and spazzed a little as I fell off the couch. It woke Dean up. “Mel?”

“Oh no. Shit, shit, shit, shit” I kept muttering, not caring that I hit my head on the hard floor as I shot up, slipping a little as I ran across the room and raced down to the basement.

“Melissa?” Dean called after me as he followed.

I got down there and saw the door to the panic room was wide open. “Damn it, they aren’t here!” I yelled and ran back up, passed Dean.

He ducked his head down to see the same thing and then I ran outside to see Bobby on the floor, unconscious. I raced toward him. “Bobby!” Dean grunted.

I got Bobby some ice to put on his head as we got down to the panic room. “How the hell did they get out?” Dean questioned.

“Maybe they had help. Room full of busted devil's traps"

“Demons?…Ruby” Dean grunted.

“That'd be my guess”

“How did she even touch the door?”

“You think she's got the mojo?”

“I didn't think so. I don't know, man”

“What difference does it make? How they got gone ain't as important as where they got gone to”

“Well, I'll tell you one thing. At this point I hope they’re with Ruby"

“Why?”

“Because killing the bitch is the next thing on the to-do list” I hissed.

“I thought you were on call for angel duty” Bobby looked at us. “We are on call. In the car, on our way to murder the bitch” Dean said and we went to leave.

“One thing” Bobby said.

“What?”

“Sam and Brittney don't wanna be found, which means they’re gonna be damn near impossible to find”

“Yeah, we'll see” Dean and I both muttered.

We all walked outside so the sun hit us as we walked to the salvage yard and Bobby told us that the police found his car that Brit and Sam took off in. It was abandoned in an ally in Jamestown, North Dakota. There were two other stolen cars in Jamestown. A 1999 blue Honda Civic and a white oh-five Escalade with custom rims. Sam and Brit would have never take those cars…and it’s exactly why they did. Dean and I decided to head in that direction while Bobby stayed at his place to keep updating the police databases. So, I agreed to leave the truck with Bobby while Dean and I took the Impala and sped off. I was silent during the ride though…thinking about my dream last night.

“Sweetheart…” he started, trying to smirk or smile…or get me to crack a smile…just from hearing him call me that...but I wouldn’t. “…I need to know what you‘re thinking so I know what to say…”

“There’s nothing you can say, Dean…I don’t want you to say anything…” He didn’t respond. “I know Ruby’s a freakin lying bitch whore but I think shes’ been lying to Sam and Brittney this whole time…there’s something important that she isn’t telling them…”

I paused. “I had this dream last night…my dad and I were at the lake…”

“The vacation spot?”

“Yea…and he was just saying things…but I think he was trying to tell me something…”

“What’d he say?”

"He said…he doesn’t know if Sam and Brit exactly know what they’re getting themselves into but with the only information they have, they’re using it to do what they think it right” I said, remembering it word for word.

I felt him glance at me and I turned my head to look at him. “You think Ruby’s hiding something” he stated. “I think Ruby’s hiding something” I confirmed.

He sighed deeply. Then, his cell rang and he answered it. I listened carefully to Bobby’s voice. “Cops found the Escalade in a ditch outside Elk River”

“How far away are we?” Dean asked.

“A couple of hours. I pulled up a weather map, made some calls. There's a town not far from there, Cold Spring. Lighting up with demon sign”

“A good place to look”

“Hey, listen”

“What?”

“Us finding Sam and Brittney…it's gotta be about getting them back, not pushing them away”

“Right”

“I know you and Melissa are mad. I understand. You both got a right to be, but I'm just saying. Be good to them anyway. You gotta get through to them” With that, Dean hung up. He started to pick up the speed.

~~~

We got to the motel and went right in, finding the room right away and we walked in seeing Ruby pack some stuff into a bag. When she looked up to see us, I swung at her and punched her, then Dean went at her with the knife but she held him off and before I could help and just kill the bitch, my feet left the floor and I saw Sam had picked me up and move me out of the way as Brit got a hold of Dean.

“Dean, stop. Let her go” she said. “Just take it easy” Sam added as he helped get Dean out of the way and he stumbled a little and Sam had the knife, now.

“Well, it must've been some party you three had going, considering how hard you tried to keep us from crashing it” I said. “Solid try, but here we are” Dean added.

“Dean, Melissa. I’m glad you’re here. The four of us should just talk about this” Brit spoke. “We can talk all you want as soon as she’s dead” I said.

“Ruby, get out of here” Sam said. “No, she’s not going anywhere” Dean said and we went to go after her but Brit and Sam stood in the way as Ruby got away.

“She’s poison guys. Look what she did to you two” I said. “It’s not what you think, Mel” Brit tried. “She up and vanishes weeks at a time, leaves you cracking out for another hit…” Dean started. “She was looking for Lilith” Sam said.

“That's French for manipulating your asses ten ways from Sunday”

“You're wrong, Dean”

“Sam, you're lying to yourself. I just want you both to be okay. You would do the same for me and Mel. You know you would”

Sam looked down to see he was still holding the knife and he tossed it onto the bed. “Just listen for a second. We got a lead on a demon close to Lilith. Come with us, guys. We'll do this all together”

“Sounds great. As long as it’s just the four of us”

“Demon bitch is a deal-breaker. You two kiss her goodbye, we can go right now” I said.

“We cant” they both said.

Dean turned away, nodding as I put my hands on my hips and threw my head back, trying to keep myself from yelling. “Dean…Melissa…we need her to help us kill Lilith. I know neither of you can wrap your heads around it, but maybe one day you'll understand. We’re the only ones who can do this, guys” Sam said.

“No, you're not the ones who are gonna do this” Dean said as he spun back around.

“Right, that's right, I forgot. The angels think it's you two”

“You don't think we can?” I asked. “No. You guys cant. Neither of you are strong enough” Brittney said. “Seriously? Who are you?” I narrowed my eyes at her.

Sam stepped forward though in a protective fashion. “We’re just being practical here. We’re doing what needs to be done”

"Yeah? You're not gonna do a single damn thing” Dean said.

“Stop bossing me around, Dean. Look. My whole life, you take the wheel, you call the shots, and I trust you because you are my brother. Now I'm asking you, for once, trust me”

“Is that how you feel too, Brittney?” I folded my arms.

“Yea it is, actually. Even before I knew about the hunting, you’ve been looking out for me and yea, I’ve trusted you with my life because you’re my best friend…my sister for life…so now, the one time I’m asking you to just trust me, I need you to do that”

“You guys don’t know what you’re doing” I shook my head. “Yes, we do” Sam argued. “Then, that’s worse!” Dean claimed.

“Why? Look…”

“Because it's not something that you're doing, it's what you are! It means…” Dean cut himself off.

My insides ached as I saw a pained look flash across Brit’s eyes. “What?…no. Say it” Sam said.

“It means you’re monsters” I said it for him and they all looked at me.

I just kept my hard eyes on Brittney’s but even though my stare was hard, a tear slipped down my cheek and I saw Dean had agreed with me and he let a tear slip as well.

But, then…Brittney’s fist collided with my face. I stumbled slightly and I straightened my posture to look at her again. I saw Sam, clenching his fists, ready to punch Dean at the right moment…but then I just swung my fist at Brittney and she flew into the wall. Sam looked at me as if he was in shock or something and took a step toward me and I raised my eyebrows at him, challenging him, but then Dean stepped forward and Sam swung his fist at Dean, punching him square in the face. Then, Dean swung at him as well and they started to fight and I saw how Sam was dominating a little and I had to do something…so I spun Sam around and put all of my weight behind my punch as I got Sam right in the nose. He stumbled a little but then he looked at me and actually started to come at me! He swung but I ducked and kneed him in the stomach and then kneed him in the nose. I didn’t want it to be that hard because I didn’t really want to hurt him but it was all kind of just out of instinct.

“Sammy, stop it” I said as I had him pinned but then a hand grabbed my shoulder and threw me off him.

I stood and spun right as Brittney swung at me. It was harder this time and I flew into a desk, flying on top of it. She grabbed me by the shirt to lift me up and punch me again. I felt my eye start to swell up slightly and I grabbed her wrist before she could punch me again and then I kicked her in the stomach so she flew into the door. Then, i ran at her, tackled her and we broke down the door and rolled into the hallway and I pinned her down. I grabbed her face in my hand.

“What happened?” I asked, shaking my head as more tears built up.

“You don’t know me, Mel. Guess you never did” she did and lunged up so we rolled and she pinned me down and started swinging punches at me.

I had no more energy in me to even fight back anymore. I just laid there, letting her get her anger out…and then she stopped and stood up and she started to walk down the hallway.

“You leave this motel to go with Sam and Ruby…” I gasped for air as I turned onto my stomach and picked up my head to look at her. “I don’t ever want to see you again” I grunted.

She turned around…and I actually thought she may have changed her mind and maybe she would come back over to me…but she just stared at me…and then kept walking. I turned my head as I let my it fall and I was looking at Sam as he came walking out of the room. He stared down at me for a moment.

“Mel…” he started, sadly.

“Just go” I grunted. “I don’t want to see you either” I added and turned my head again so I was just staring down at the floor with the gross smell of the carpet, filling my nose.

I listened as he walked away and I shut my eyes tight and the tears came fast as the physical pain and emotional pain was overwhelming.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?

<<333