‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Lucifer Rising Part 1

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Do you ever stop what you’re doing and wonder…how did I get here? How did I get in this position? Where did it go wrong? When did it start to go downhill? I’ve been wondering that a lot lately…wondering when I signed up for…this. When did it become my…destiny to go down this path in life…I used to think that you make your own destiny…but lately, I’ve been feeling like I’m someone’s puppet…like someone already planned out my life. Sometimes I wished someone would plan out my death and make it sooner than later already….

~~

I sat outside Bobby’s house, on the ground, hearing Dean and Bobby argue inside. I heard some thumps and then I heard footsteps. I could tell it was Bobby walking over to me and he sat down beside me as I felt Dean’s eyes on us.

“Mel…you’re more reasonable than Dean is…you have your fathers common sense…you have to know that you should call Brittney…or Sam…make amends…” I stayed silent, not even looking at him. “Girl, are you listening to me? Don’t make me get my gun” he threatened.

You use the gun threat with everyone?” I questioned, monotonously. It was supposed to be a light joke but I couldn’t even manage a smile.

“Only with family…and I consider you, Dean, Sam and Brittney family…and I would think…”

“I can’t call them” I shook my head. “Sam went to punch me out Bobby…and I used my instinct against him to protect myself…Sam and I never fought over the last piece of pie…and in a second we were swinging at each other…”

I paused. “And then I told Brittney I never wanted to see her again if she walked away” I mock-laughed. “But, she kept walking…”

“God damn it Melissa. I remember how you would look up to your father not want to spite him” he said and I looked at him as if he just shot me…it’s what it felt like.

"Spite him? I would never…”

“That’s what you’re doing. I know this isn’t how your daddy raised you. To just give up on family like you and Dean are doing? He would be very disappointed”

I looked back down. When, I went to respond, I looked up and saw I wasn’t outside Bobby’s anymore. I was in a very…angelic room. Dean was there too and when he saw me, he helped me up as we looked around. The walls were painted white with gold trimmings. There were tiny marble angel statues on side tables and there were paintings hanging on the walls. I felt a presence and we turned around to see Cas standing there.

“Hello, Melissa. Dean. It’s almost time”

~~~

I don’t know how much time went by but Dean and I were alone in the room and we started to just poke around. I was staring at some of the pastoral-looking paintings. “Mel, look at all of these burgers” Dean said and I turned to see him standing over the table in the center of the room.

It had a silver bowl packed with ice, full of beers and there was a large platter of burgers. I walked over to him as I felt my mouth water and my stomach growled. I was starving but I just couldn’t bring myself to eat.

Then, I felt a presence again but this time it wasn’t just Cas. “Hello, Dean. Hello Melissa. You're both looking fit” Zachariah said and then I saw how he looked me up and down.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. “Well, how 'bout this? ‘The Suit Life of Zach and Cas’” Dean quipped. They both had blank looks though. “It's a…” he started but I just shook my head at him, telling him it wasn’t worth it with my eyes. “Never mind”

“What is this? Where the hell are we?” I asked.

“Call it a Green Room. We're closing in on the grand finale, here. We want to keep you safe before show time…try a burger. They're your favorite, Dean. From that seaside shack in Delaware. You were 11, I think…and the beer, Melissa, are your favorite. I believe it was the first type of beer you ever had. Your father gave it to you when you were fifteen?” he inquired.

“I’m not thirsty” I said.

“No?”

“And I'm not hungry” Dean said.

“How about Ginger from season 2 of ‘Gilligan's Island’ Dean? You do have a thing for her, don't you?”

“Tempting…weird”

“We'll throw in Mary Ann for free…and you, Ginger, Mary Anne and Melissa can all have a little party of your own”

Dean looked at me as if suggesting it was a pretty good idea. I crossed my arms and smiled sarcastically, shaking my head.

“Okay…I could always throw in Channing Tatum…Shia LeBouf… ”

That idea seemed like a good deal but before I could reply, Dean shook his head quickly. “No, no. Let's...bail on the hollow deck, okay? I want to know what the game plan is”

“Let us worry about that. We want you two…focused, relaxed”

“Well, I’m about to be really pissed and leaving so I suggest you start talking, Chuckles” I said, keeping my arms crossed, having eye contact with him.

He sighed. “All the seals have fallen. Except one”

“That's an impressive score. That's right up there with the Washington Generals” Dean said.

“You think sarcasm's appropriate, do you? Considering you started all this?”

“Hey!” I raised my voice slightly as my eyebrows furrowed and my stare became hard.

But, Dean put a hand on the small of my back and I relaxed a little as I looked up, slightly, at him and he just kept his eyes on Zachariah so I looked back at him as well.

“But the final seal…it'll be different”

“Why?” Dean asked.

“Lilith has to break it. She's the only one who can. Tomorrow night. Midnight”

“Where?” I asked.

“We're working on it”

“Well, work harder” Dean said with a hard tone.

“We'll do our job. You just make sure you both do yours”

“Yeah, and what is that, exactly? If we’re supposed to be the one that stops her, how? With the knife?”

“All in good time”

“Isn't now a good time?” I questioned.

“Have faith”

“What, in you? Give me one good reason why we should”

Then, came forward, getting in Dean’s face. “Because you swore your obedience…you both did” he reminded as he moved his eyes to me. “So obey” Then, I looked over at Cas and he looked down guiltily, avoiding my eyes.

~~~~

I started to pace around the room as Dean was pacing as well and I pulled out my cell phone, looking at it multiple times, contemplating what to do. I sighed and then groaned.

“Ya know what…” I started and Dean turned to face me. “I’ll call Brittney if you call Sam” I tried.

He started toward me with quick strides. “You call Brittney first” he said as he stopped in front of me.

I bit the side of my cheek, staring into his eyes. “Fine” I said and hit speed dial #1. It went straight to the machine. “You’ve reached Brittney. Leave a message” her voice said and then beeped.

“Hey, it’s me…I am still seriously pissed right now and I owe you a serious beating…but what Dean and I said…what I said…”

I put a hand up to my forehead in distress as I just stared down and I started to babble. “I shouldn’t have said it…you and me…we’ve been a team for years and you’re my sister from another mister, Brit…we’re family…and we’re family…we’re Sam and Dean’s family…and no matter how bad it gets, that doesn’t change…I’m sorry…” I sighed and then hung up.

Dean smirked at me and his eyes showed gentleness but his smirk showed amusement. I just narrowed my eyes at him and took out his cell phone from his pocket and I held it out for him. He sighed and took it from me to call Sam. He turned to walk a few feet away and I sighed, looking down.

~~~~

I was getting frustrated, agitated and annoyed…lets just say my ADD was kicking in and I was getting claustrophobic in this room as I continued to just pace around, waiting for Cas to just show up. Then, I heard a crash and I turned to see Dean knocked over one of the tiny angel mantelpieces off of the side table and it shattered when it hit the ground. I smirked and shook my head at him as he grinned at me then he suddenly seemed guilty and I felt Cas’ presence. I spun to face him.

“You asked to see me?” he questioned.

Dean cleared his throat. “We need something” I said.

“Anything you wish”

“We need you to take us to see Sam and Brittney” Dean said.

“Why?”

“There’s something we have to talk to them about” I said.

“What's that?”

“The B.M. I took this morning” Dean said, sarcastically. “What's it to you? Just make it snappy”

“I don't think that's wise”

“Well, did we ask for your opinion?” I crossed my arms.

“Have you forgotten what happened the last time you four met?”

“No. That’s the point”

“Listen, we’re gonna do whatever you mooks want, okay? We just need to tie up this one thing. Five minutes…that's all we need” Dean explained.

“No”

What do you mean no?” I questioned, narrowing my eyes at him.

He seemed uncomfortable under my stare but he hid it…but even an ounce of discomfort from him was good for me. “Are you saying that we’re trapped here?” Dean asked.

“You can go wherever you want”

“Great. We want to go see Sam and Brit” I said.

“Except there”

“We want to take a walk” Dean tried.

“Fine. I'll go with you”

“Alone” I added.

“No”

“We want to go have sex” I said and Dean nodded once. Yea, I went there.

“I’ll stay in the room and keep my back turned”

“Oh. Ew…dude…very creepy” I commented.

“You know what? Screw this noise. We’re out of here” Dean said and we both turned to face the two big, golden door.

“Through what door?” Cas questioned.

We turned back to look at him, but when we looked back at the door…there was no door…it was just a smooth wall…and then we turned to look at Cas…and he was gone. “Damn it” Dean and I both grunted.

~

Okay, I just wanted to get out of here…and I want to get out of here now. So, I grabbed a bronze candlestick holder and I started to smash it into the wall. Don’t even start calling me crazy because Dean was doing the same thing. But, when we finally started to get some holes in the wall, in an instant, the wall would be smooth again.

“Son of a bitch!” I grunted.

“Quit hurling feces like howler monkeys, would you? It's unbecoming” Zachariah voiced from behind us. “Let us out” I demanded.

“Like I told you: too dangerous out there. Demons on the prowl”

“We've been getting our asses kicked all year. Now you're sweating our safety? You're lying. We want to see our brother and sister” Dean said.

“That's…ill-advised”

“You know, I am so sick of your crap riddles and your smug, fat face. What the hell is going on” I snapped.

“Yea, why can't we see Sam and Brittney? And how are we gonna ice Lilith?” Dean added. Zachariah sighed.

“You're not…going to ice Lilith”

“What?” we both asked.

“Lilith's going to break the final seal. Fait accompli at this point. Train's left the station”

“But me, Sam, Brittney and Melissa…we can stop…”

But, I took a step forward so Dean stopped himself. “You don’t want to stop it…do you” I assumed.

“Nope. Never did. The end is nigh. The apocalypse is coming, kiddo, to a theater near you”

“What was all that crap about saving seals?” Dean questioned.

“Our grunts on the ground…we couldn't just tell them the whole truth. We'd have a full-scale rebellion on our hands. I mean, think about it. Would we really let 65 seals get broken unless senior management wanted it that way?”

“But why?” I asked, shaking my head.

“Why not?”

“The apocalypse?” Dean questioned.

“Poor name, bad marketing. Puts people off. When all it is, is Ali-Foreman. On a...slightly larger scale. And we like our chances. When our side wins…and we will…it's paradise on earth. Now, what's not to like about that?”

“What happens to all the people during your little pissing contest?”

“Well...you can't make an omelet without cracking a few eggs. In this case…truckloads of eggs, but you get the picture. Look…it happens. This isn't the first planetary enema we've delivered”

I just wanted to smash this guys skull against the wall. “Uh, no, Dean. Probably shouldn't try to bash my skull in with that thing. Wouldn't end up too pleasant for you” he said and I saw Dean was eyeing a vase.

"What about Sam and Brittney? They wont go quietly. They’ll stop Lilith” I said, quickly.

He inhaled deeply. “Brittney and Sam…have a part to play. A very important part. They may need a little nudging in the right direction, but I'll make sure they play it”

“What does that mean? What are you gonna do to them?” Dean asked.

“Sam, Sam, Sam. Brittney, Brittney, Brittney. Marcia, Marcia, Marcia” he mocked. “Forget about them, would you? You both have larger concerns. Why do you think I'm confiding in you? Dean, Melissa…you're still vital. We weren't lying about your destinies. Just…omitted a few pertinent details. But nothing's changed. You both are chosen. You both will stop it. Just…not Lilith, or the apocalypse. That's all”

“Which means?”

Then, Zachariah gestured to a painting and I looked up at it. It seemed like a familiar painting and then I remembered that there was one just like it in the church my dad and I went to. It was of Saint Micheal.

“This is kind of your part, Dean…it’s Lucifer. You're going to stop Lucifer. You're our own little Russell Crowe complete surly attitude And when it's over…and when you've won…your rewards will be…unimaginable. Peace, happiness…two virgins and seventy sluts” he quipped.

“And me? Why am I here? What part do I play exactly?” I wondered.

“You my sweet are simply William Stern’s daughter…which says a lot more than you think…you’re the one with crazy demon instinct whatever” he said and I could tell he was mocking me but I let it go.

“You will be fighting along side your precious Winchester the whole way…being of assistance to him…and when it comes down to it…lets just say you will be a big help when the time is right ”

We both stayed silent. He chuckled. “Trust me. One day, we'll look back on this and laugh”

“Tell me something. Where's God in all this?” Dean asked.

“God? God has left the building”
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333